• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mewtini vs. Silver

Re: Indigo vs. SilverPanic

Disqualification warning for Mewtini. You have 24 hours as of this post to post your commands.

I guess this will be my last ASB activity for a while...

ThunderShock~Charm~Quick Attack

Pre-round

Mewtini picked from one of her numerous balls on her belt. She decided upon a black and yellow Pokéball and released an excited Pichu befitting of the colours on the ball. Elektrizität jumped around, exploring her new surroundings, venturing dangerously close to the edge of the plate, and skipped right back to her starting place, looking at her opponent quizzically, giggling a bit, and shuffled from side to side waiting for the round to begin. She looked to the sky, ran around the plate a few times, went back to her place, took ten deep breaths, and failed to calm herself down.

Concordia just sat there, slowly chewing her leaf.

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Pichu with ability Static
Health:100%
Energy:100%
ThunderShock~Charm~Quick Attack

Silver Panic (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Sewaddle with ability Swarm
Health:41%
Energy:40%
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1}, Speed +2
Bug Bite ~ Bug Bite ~ Silver Wind

Round 6 begin!

Concordia, though seemingly unhurried and calm, was able to attack prior to the jumpy little Pichu. She slid to Elektrizität and gave a bite on the tail. Although it stung for her, Elektrizität was not as affected as Mintleaf would have been. The Tiny Mouse gave Concordia a weak zap that had little discernible effect.

Concordia bit Elektrizität again. The Pichu turned furiously - and then remembered Mewtini's orders. She suddenly changed countenance and somewhat subdued her hyperactivity. She put on a cute smile, gave a few cute squeaks, and stood cutely. The Sewing Silkworm saw this and felt kind of bad for her. She vowed to reduce the power of her attacks.

Elektrizität laughed - inside her head, of course - and prepared her next attack which was to be... Quick Attack? What? Concordia saw the Mouse's inaction and smiled. Elektrizität looked so cute when confused. The Silkword summoned the silver wind again; it swept across the plate, striking the Pichu, missing the Sewaddle, and dissipating just before the trainers and the referee.

Round 6 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Bug bite: 6% damage, 5% energy
Thundershock: 1% damage, 3% energy

Action 2
Bug Bite: 6% damage, 5% energy
Charm: 3% energy

Action 3

Silver Wind: 8% damage, 7% energy
Attempt at Quick Attack: 1% energy

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Health:88%
Energy:93%
ThunderShock~Charm~Failed

Silver Panic (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Health:40%
Energy:23%
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1},Charmed {Atk. -2}, Speed +2, Moderately paralyzed (20%)
Bug Bite~Bug Bite~Silver Wind

Notes:
  • No hits were critical
  • Silver Wind did not raise stats
  • Static caused paralysis on action 2
  • But this paralysis is only moderate in nature as it is a Pichu causing the Static, and not some more powerful Pokémon.
  • Pichu can't learn Quick Attack, if Bulbapedia and Veekun are to be trusted.

Next round:
  1. Mewtini commands
  2. Silver Panic commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:

oh haha what

it can't? :c

/fail

ANYWAYYY

Thunderbolt~Attract~Tackle

This is a disqualification warning for Maniac Panic. As of this post, you have 24 hours to decide on and post your commands.

I can't keep up with these things T^T

Take the hits like a beast! Just sniffing the fruits will be okay :D

Sniff fruits - sniff fruits - Toxic

Pre-round

The temperature had dipped quite a bit and the wind was picking up. Mewtini drew her jacket around her, while Maniac Panic braved it like a beast and instructed Concordia to do likewise.

Elektrizität, if it were possible, was made even jumpier by this change in temperature. She ran around non-stop, climbed fruits, and jumped in one spot when requested by the referee to stop running around the plate.

The referee checked the temperature, and found it to be 16 degrees, just a couple of degrees cooler than it was at the start of the battle. He dug into his bag and found the league-issued barometer. He read it and saw that it was 103.2 kPa. No rain was imminent with this reading. Content that the weather would not change from this beautiful day despite the warning signs, the referee prepared his flags and set to work.

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Health:88%
Energy:93%
ThunderShock~Charm~Tackle

Silver Panic (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Health:40%
Energy:23%
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1},Charmed {Atk. -2}, Speed +2, Moderately paralyzed (20%)
Sniff Fruits~Sniff Fruits~Toxic

Round 7 begin!

Concordia, even with her paralysis, was able to move faster than Elektrizität. She crawled agilely to the edge of the plate, sniffing a blackberry. It was quite ripe, and gave off copious fragrances. Concordia felt relaxed and enlightened, the latter especially when a bolt of lightning and its accompanying boom struck her, leaving her feeling quite shaken up.

This was, however, soon forgotten, as she slid to a slice of pineapple and sniffed in its accompanying odours. Elektrizität skipped over and asked, "Hey. How about, after this battle, we have dinner together? Just you and I..."

She stopped when Concordia turned her head, raised an eyebrow, and spewed some toxins at the Pichu's body. The Tiny Mouse let out a shriek, and recalled her commands - which were to Tackle. She tried to run and hit Concordia, as she recalled her last battle with an opponent who used this move, but the Sewing Pokémon slid easily out of the way, leaving Elektrizität sprawled on the ground.

Round 7 end!

Action 1
Sniff Fruits: 5% energy gain
Thunderbolt: 5% damage, 6% energy

Action 2
Sniff Fruits: 5% energy gain
Attempt at Attract: 2% energy

Action 3
Toxic: 4% energy
Attempt at Tackle: 2% energy
Badly Poisoned: 2% damage

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Health:86%
Energy:83%
Condition: Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next. Capped at 10%)
Thunderbolt~Failed~Failed

Silver Panic (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Health:35%
Energy:29%
Status: Slightly disturbed at Elektrizität's attempts at seducing her.
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1}, Speed +2, Moderately paralyzed (20%)
Sniff Fruits~Sniff fruits~Toxic

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Thunderbolt did not worsen Concordia's paralysis.
  • Pichu can't learn Tackle, if Bulbapedia, Veekun, and Psypoke are to be trusted.
  • Attract failed because Concordia and Elektrizität are of the same gender.
  • I would imaging Concordia would be quite creeped out at Elektrizität's attempt to seduce her; therefore, Concordia is no longer charmed.
  • You can already tell how much I would suck at writing actual Attract text.

Next round:
  1. Silver commands
  2. Mewtini commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:

This is a disqualification warning for Maniac Panic. Please command your Pokémon within 24 hours (but I probably won't DQ you if you command later than that due to the futility of that, but still).

Edit: v.v. I'm sorry, Silver. Didn't see your post.

Last edited:

OK, here's the real disqualification warning, now that Silver's back. Post within twenty-four hours as of this post, please and thank-you.

Hm...you did well Concordia. I know you're tired but see if you can last two more rounds!

Silver Wind - Silver Wind - Protect

Pre-round

After a long period of absence, Mewtini finally came back to the giant plate and gave her orders, apologizing for the delay. Finally, finally, were the flags raised, were the Pokémon readied, was the round begun.

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Health:86%
Energy:83%
Condition: Badly Poisoned (3% this round, 4% next. Capped at 10%)
Protect~Protect~Thunderbolt

Silver (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Energy:29%
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1}, Speed +2, Moderately paralyzed (20%)
Silver Wind~Silver Wind~Protect

Round 8 begin!

Elektrizität was the first to move. She erected a translucent green barrier around herself with astonishing speed before Concordia could even think of her attack. But that attack came soon enough, the magical luminescent Wind engulfing the whole arena, except for the small area enclosed by Elektrizität's strained barrier. The attack soon faded away, and the Pichu seemed glad, not sure how much longer she could have held her shield.

But came another gust of Wind, the same as the last, and Elektrizität strained to sustain her shield; it flickered then paled dangerously before the attack faded. Elektrizität noted, from her doubly translucently-limited point of view, that Concordia seemed faster, stronger, calmer, and tougher.

But enough was enough. Elektrizität was tired of being bullied - and what did they teach in schools? Reporting it to an authority wasn't ideal in this situation, and the facade of nonchalance didn't seem to be working. It was time for good old retaliation. She let down the Protect, consequences be damned, and conjured up a Bolt of lightning from the sky, which hit with a loud boom. Unfortunately, Concordia had anticipated this attack and had set up a Protect of her own, and just in time, too, as some force had held her back until it was almost too late. This shield took a significant amount of her dwindling energy supplies, and the poor Sewaddle was exhausted by time the referee called a close to the round.

Round 8 end!

Action 1
Protect: 6% energy
Silver Wind: 7% energy, would have done 8% damage

Action 2
Protect: 6% energy
Silver Wind: 7% energy, would have done 8% damage

Action 3
Protect: 8% energy
Thunderbolt: 6% energy, would have done 4% damage
Badly Poisoned: 3% damage

Pokémon

Mewtini (XOO)
Active
Pichu
Elektrizität
Health:83%
Energy:65%
Condition: Badly Poisoned (3% this round, 4% next. Capped at 10%)
Protect~Protect~Thunderbolt

Silver (OOO)
Active
Sewaddle
Concordia
Energy:7%
Condition: Calm mind {Sp.Atk. +1, Sp.Def. +1}, Speed +3, Attack +1, Sp. Attack +1, Defense +1, Sp. Defense +1, Moderately paralyzed (20%)
Silver Wind~Silver Wind~Protect

Notes:
  • The second Silver Wind raised Concordia's stats.
  • Concordia rolled positive for paralysis on action 3, so I upped the energy cost for her Protect.
  • I really need to stop describing Protect as a "translucent green barrier"

Next round:
  1. Mewtini commands
  2. Silver commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:
If she Protects or is somehow immune to you, Chill. If she tries any damaging attacks, Protect. Then a combo. WOOHOO!

Protect/Chill/Thunderbolt~ThunderPunch+Iron Tail

48 hour disqualification warning for Silver. Please post your commands within this time to avoid disqualification.

So Silver is Disqualified. Prize distribution is as follows: 2 EXP for Concordia, 1 EXP for Elektrizität, and 1 EXP for Mintleaf; $8 for Mewtini and $5 for me. It's a pity it ends like this.

Mewtini has requested an stay of Silver's disqualification by 24 hours. You have until 5:30 PM (PDT) tomorrow.

Last edited:
As requested and confirmed by both parties, the battle will end in a draw. Prizes, I think, are $4 for Mewtini, $8 for Silver, and $5 for me; 2 EXP for Concordia, 1 EXP for Elektrizität, and 1 EXP for Mintleaf.

Back
Top Bottom