• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My first sprites

J0mama666

Hey everyone, J0mama666 speaking, and these are my first attempts at spriting:
Lastherus.png

Shilock.png

Magmorcan.png

Manticore.png

Please C&C, thank you.

Last edited:
The Wigglytuff sprite kinda looks odd; its as if the Wiglytuff body isn't connected to the snake part at all. Try removing some of the outlines on ther bottom of the stomach to try and make them look more connected. Plus, the outlines of the snake body seem too dark, are they all black? Try changing them to the Wigglytuff's outline colour.

The tail of the Ilumise sprite needs to be darker as it is in the background. Other than that it's good.

The outline of the pronged hand of the magmortar seems off. It is yellow, when it should be red. ^^;

Remove the white from the Hitmonchan's head, it looks off. Also, the outlines on the head seem too dark, try using a lighter colour for that part of the outline.

Pretty good first sprites, I must say. Just work a little on the outlines, that's the only really noticable problem.

Congrats on the first sprites, they look great! The splices look better than my first ones lol. Why don't you try a few recolor's or revamps? They are good practice, especially the latter.

Well, you're very dedicated. I can see that. However, these sprites can be summed up in two initials: CP. This means Copy+Paste, and refers to sprites that have been obviously spliced together with minimal scratch-editing. If you're a beginner, I understand that perfectly, so it's where we all begin. Just practice with this, trying to make the parts match up smoothly. I do like the Wigglytuff one though. The Hitmonchan one's better, but I just like Wigglytuff better. XD As for specific C+C, it's really all been covered by Ruffledfeathers, so yeah...just practice!

Back
Top Bottom