• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NINJATOES vs Wuffles

=ROUND TWO=
NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Health: 100% | Energy: 80%
Item: Black Sludge
Chills: 0/3
Direct healing: 0/1
Commands: Substitute (20%) ~ Natural Gift/Flamethrower/Stockpile (15%) ~ Taunt/Double Team/Earthquake

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Ability: Inner Focus
Health: 86% | Energy: 89%
Item: Soothe Bell
Commands: Agility ~ Me First / Earthquake ~ Substitute (15%) / Crunch

Nithhoggr gives a disinterested look at his opponent, standing across from him at the other end of the destroyed platform, looking very miserable and sorry for herself. He hardly sees the need for any sort of bastion against that pathetic thing, but orders are orders... a gob of slime slithers from his fangs into his mouth, which he spits to the ground in a glistening, gelatinous pile. An odd blue glow bathes the lump, and it begins to somehow grow exponentially in size and shape, developing into an identical copy of its creator. The monstrosity suddenly blinks and comes to life, slithering in front of its creator and leaving a disgusting purple trail behind it as it moves. Ammy, meanwhile, is busy darting through the arena at top speed, hopping at lightning speed over the fissures and clumps of displaced metal and glass in her wake. Her muscles respire frantically, releasing shedloads of energy into her body and getting an intense workout, enabling her to move much faster than before, and much, much faster than that sluggish snake.

The energetic Riolu begins flexing her warmed-up muscles as she watches her opponent carefully, waiting for any indication he’s about to act. Her aura senses begin to hone in on the snake, trying to read what he plans to do, but they draw naught but blanks. Ammy frowns, and tries again to scan her target’s intentions, but again gleans nothing... it seems as though her aura’s too weak to predict attacks, and by the time she can tell what Nithhoggr’s about to do, it’s already too late. Despite the logical conclusion that actually increasing the number of light sources in this arena is impossible, the Seviper’s jaws open to reveal a tiny point of light glistening in the back of his throat. The light grows rapidly, filling his mouth and finally forming a beam that rockets across the arena toward a terrified Ammy, launching ripped-up splinters of floor every which way as it goes. The beam connects with a tremendous BOOM!, bathing the arena in a blinding white light, even more blinding than the lights that surround the battlers from every conceivable direction. Once the flash fades, and the observers regain their sense of sight, Ammy shakily picks herself up from her landing spot, several feet behind where she stood before.

Fed up of taking abuse, the Riolu hops up onto her feet with a growl. If that stupid Seviper’s going to hide behind a shield, she’s going to as well- after all, she actually needs one. She closes her eyes and concentrates, awakening the power of the aura inside her. A shimmering blue spectre appears next to her, beginning to glow (yes, more frigging lights) and slowly become corporeal, turning into the form of a purple-hat-wearing, one-armed Riolu. The two high-five, and the copy springs in front of its creator and stands protectively. Nithhoggr smirks. What a pathetic excuse for a Pokemon, he thinks nonchalantly. Amaturasu? More like amateur-asu. He begins to hiss infuriating insults at Amaturasu, mocking her progress, her strategy, her trainer, and her “ridiculous” little hat. Ammy flies instantly into a wild rage at the Seviper, her Substitute having to hold her back from jumping on Nithhoggr and pummelling him into a pulp. He can say what he likes about that other stuff, but nobody messes with the hat. It’s goddamn spiffy and don’t you forget it. The referee’s whistle finally manages to sound above the Riolu’s snarls, ending the round and calming Ammy slightly. She slumps into her Substitute’s firm grasp, her fangs bared furiously at her opponent, waiting for her commands, which had damn well better be to kick that bastard in the face.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 83% | Energy: 64%
Status: starting to get a little bored. Has a Substitute with 20% health.
Commands: Substitute (20%) ~ Natural Gift ~ Taunt

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Health: 62% | Energy: 77%
Status: snarling unspeakable things at Nithhoggr. +2 Speed. Taunted (3 more actions). Has a Substitute with 15% health.
Commands: Agility ~ nothing ~ Substitute (15%)

=Referee’s Notes=
~ terrain notes: the arena surface is riddled with cracks, electric sparks bursting up from the fissures every few seconds. The amount of light is still ridiculous.
~ Riolu can’t use Me First, so Ammy failed to attack on the last action.
~ Nithhoggr restored a little HP each action using his Black Sludge; this wasn’t reflected in the reffing because I’m not sure how one goes about using a Black Sludge and not keen to guess either.

=Next Round=
~ Dwagie issues commands
~ NINJATOES issues commands
~ I ref​

Last edited:
Wait what- Riolu can so use- it's an egg move I saw it-..... *Dex Sweep* Follow Me?... FUCKIN' ENGLISH NAMES. AND USELESS HGSS ADDITIONS TO BOOT.
Just beat his bloody face in Ammy. And by beat I mean shake. And by shake I mean cause widescale destruction for the sake of doing a few percents to a snake. Just break things.
Oh but, if it protects or summat, Feint it. Yeah. I:

Earthquake / Feint x3

Last edited:
Rrrgh, Earthquake always ruining my plans... well, fine then.

Nithhoggr, your time in the spotlight is up for now. Use Poison Jab twice to kill Ammy's Substitute, and then we'll switch out to Khao.

Poison Jab ~ Poison Jab ~ Switch to Khao

=ROUND THREE=

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 83% | Energy: 64%
Status: starting to get a little bored. Has a Substitute with 20% health.
Commands: Poison Jab ~ Poison Jab ~ Switch to Khao

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Health: 62% | Energy: 77%
Status: snarling unspeakable things at Nithhoggr. +2 Speed. Taunted (3 more actions). Has a Substitute with 15% health.
Commands: Earthquake / Feint ~ Earthquake / Feint ~ Earthquake / Feint

Nithhoggr's insults apparently struck a nerve quite hard, because Ammy's anger remains just as seething into the opening of the next round. She glares at the Seviper, fangs bared, her Substitute moving aside to allow her to rip him to shreds. The snake himself seems quite nonchalant to her viciousness, even amused by it, but then he stands behind his own constructed guardian, which lies alongside his front to absorb any impacts. Ammy's more than happy to vent her rage on this likeness; better to destroy the snake's morale before crushing his cocky little skull like an egg. Raising her single fist, she brings it down with incredible speed and a tremendous grunt, punching the ground with all her strength. The stage begins to rumble once more as further cracks spread from the point of the impact; flashes of electricity shower out along the fissure as it spreads towards Nitthoggr. Quick as a flash the substitute throws itself in front of the advancing tremor, and is struck with a barrage of displaced metal, flung over by the churning earth and buried in chunks of fractured, twisted metal. The golem writhes its way out of the prison, most of its body having crumbled away from the impact; deep cracks riddle what remains of its body, which is noticeably shorter and littered with chips and dents. In fact barely anything seems to be holding the miserable object together. The invalid slithers aside, allowing its creator to avenge its suffering; Nitthoggr gladly obliges, whetting his tail blade eagerly against his venom-drenched fangs. Pausing to examine the glistening, freshly-sharp razor edge, he slithers quickly across the crease-ridden, crumbling floor to Ammy. She hops out of his path at the last minute, but in one lightning-quick motion he weaves his body in a loop round her substitute by mistake, holding the poor thing motionless as his tail blade drops like a guillotine, ripping directly into the phony Riolu's scalp and slicing its head and upper body in two. Ammy gasps as the Seviper releases his grip on the mutilated copy, letting it drop to the ground with a messy thud, poison leaking everywhere and a large portion of its mass hanging off. Probably better she didn't take that one, she thinks flinchingly.

Shuddering, Ammy puts that gruesome prospect out of her mind, her welled-up anger returning to her senses. She turns in fury to her slithering nemesis and barks another volley of infuriated threats, which she then rushes up to put into action. She raises her fist with a growl as she closes in on the Seviper and his dilapidated cohort, swinging it down with a snarl as she reaches him- try to slice her in half, will he? Well, she'll teach him how to treat a lady... at the last moment however, both snake and clone evade the blow, and Ammy's fist slugs the ground instead with tremendous force. Again the platform lurches downwards and rocks violently in all directions, shaking loose chunks of floor and slamming everyone on top of it repeatedly on the ground as it throws them into the air and tilts upwards violently. The broken old Seviper substitute sacrifices the last of its strength to writhe under its creator and cushion him from the series of head-to-floor impacts, and when Nithhoggr manages to slither relatively unharmed from he wreckage of the third geological disaster to hit this stage in as many rounds, he finds his creation gone, crumbled to fragments in the bed of debris on which he lay. Overcome with anger, he hisses furiously at Ammy, rushing forward with his tail poised to strike, venom still leaking down the blade. With a vicious grunt he rams the tip of the blade right through Ammy's substitute's chest, and the thing dissolves instantly back into aura energy and vanishes.

Nithhoggr withdraws from the even more incensed Amaturasu; though all he really did was return Ammy's vicious tendencies towards his substitute in kind, the loss of her imaginary friend spurs on a final burst of murderous anger in Ammy. With a roar of rage she sets off towards Nithhoggr at a blinding pace, arm raised again. Dwagie and the referee flinch, not expecting the arena to survive a third Earthquake in a row, when Blazhy steps forward and holds up her Pokéball, recalling Nithhoggr in a flash of light that distracts the Riolu long enough to stop her from destroying the stage from beneath their feet. The three sigh in relief as Blazhy hurls a different ball into the arena, releasing an enormous blast of red light that condenses into a five-and-a-half-foot, bear-like figure with flame-trimmed fur and vicious teeth and claws. Ammy stops in her tracks and stares up at the behemoth, her fervent rage decaying into stunned fear. Khao the Typhlosion regards her briefly before looking around the destroyed relic of the bright, showy, futuristic platform that once stood beneath his feet; Nithhoggr must have really roughed up this place, he thinks.

NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
typhlosion
Khao (M)
Ability: Blaze
Health: 87% | Energy: 100%
Item: Magmarizer
Status: astounded at what Ammy's managed to do to the arena.

=In Reserve=
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)
Health: 85% | Energy: 52%

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Health: 62% | Energy: 43%
Commands: Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ terrain notes: the floor is now just a mess of shattered metal. A good few feet of solid ground lies beneath, so we should manage to avoid plummeting to our doom for the time being.
~ according to this post, Blazhy switching out means the third action doesn't happen.

=NEXT ROUND=
~ Dwagie issues commands
~ I ref​

Last edited:
Not quite..

so on the second action the switching player would recall the pokémon first and the second pokémon would attack if it was using an attack that doesn't require a target/there was another target available.

Basically, switching happens first, always. The second Pokemon completes its action on the switched in 'Mon. Earthquake requires no target, but even still there's a target there now anyway.

Switching should basically happen with absolute priority, followed by the command that was issued that turn, followed by regular battle commencement. As far as I'm concerned though it should be you can switch and then use remaining actions after that action as normal with the new 'Mon, BUT the other person can swap commands if you command second.

...oh, at the END of that action OTL See this is why you don't stay up til 6am reffing things. I'll edit the third Earthquake in later.

Well, I totally didn't know about that rule on switching, but...! It doesn't matter so much.

I'm going to be boring. Khao, Eruption, Swift (wait until Ammy attacks before using Swift, unless she's going to Focus Punch), and Extrasensory, in that order. Counter anything physical (mwahaha), and Volatile Spirit if Ammy is Protecting, Detecting, underground, etc. Wow first time using his signature move - even if it is a conditional.

Eruption/Counter/Volatile Spirit ~ Swift (wait unless Ammy's going to Focus Punch)/Counter/Volatile Spirit ~ Extrasensory/Counter/Volatile Spirit

Basically, switching happens first, always. The second Pokemon completes its action on the switched in 'Mon. Earthquake requires no target, but even still there's a target there now anyway.
Switching happens first, yes, but an "attack requiring a target" is any attack... that targets something else. If there is no foe to attack, then the pokémon is not going to use earthquake, for example. It will not carry out any actions on the switched-in pokémon, if any.

The only attacks that go through on the action that an opponent switches are things like swords dance or rain dance, that target the user or have no target; or attacks that still have a valid target, not the switched-in pokémon--in a double battle, for example, your partner would be a valid target, if you were using helping hand or something.

Or pursuit, of course; that goes before switching if the target is getting recalled.

Ffffffffffffffff.

Right, now it's definitely fixed. Blazhy, i suppose you should probably get to re-issue commands, not that I can see why you'd want to change them.

Wait, what?.. but... that doesn't make sense. I: So switching is just a free 'Doop! turn cancel'? I mean yes self-target moves go through, but when swapping Pokes you should be planning it for them to take a hit. That's part of the switch strategy, to let something take it better, not outright cancel an attack...

Much as I'd like to get away without the Earthquake, I'm inclined to agree with Dwagie here. ASB does follow game mechanics to an extent, and I'm pretty sure we all know how switching in the game works. Unless there's a concrete reason why switching works the way it does in ASB, I'd be more comfortable with Khao taking damage.

Presumably I had some reason for doing it that way, but I can't think of it off the top of my head and don't have time to consider it now. Do what you will.

Well, that's that sorted. Since you both want the Earthquake to go through I edited Khao's health and Ammy's energy, but I can't be bothered to edit the description of it back into the reffing so I've left that for now.

SO, Blazhy finally issues commands now, if she feels like changing them. :P

ALRIGHTY then~ Although that XP share issue is still in there air let's get this going again.

So he wants to erupt huh, well let's rain on his parade- *Is dragged off and shot multiple times*
...Well anyway, we're faster now and Riolu for indeterminate reasons has Rain Dance and this time I'm sure of it so start that and cool this fire weasel off a bit.
Next up... I don't really get swift, but go ahead and show your displeasure for his fiyah and counteran gaems by some how working out how to poison him rather badly with a Toxic. We won't think about that.
AND finally, since we have this lovely rain going and you don't want to take that Extrasensory, we're going to go and switch to Zappa, kyaha~

Rain Dance ~ Toxic ~ Switch: Zappa

=ROUND FOUR=
NINJATOES (ƟƟƟ)
typhlosion
Khao (M)
Health: 87% | Energy: 100%
Status: astounded at what Ammy's managed to do to the arena.

=In Reserve=
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Health: 62% | Energy: 43%
Commands: Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

After a lengthy and heated discussion with the boss lady, the battle's flow returns to normal; the arena seems far more dilapidated than it did a few minutes ago, with no real explanation as to why. It seemed to fix itself equally mysteriously a short while earlier, too. Somewhat perplexed, the battlers give out orders nonetheless. Deciding the arena isn't nearly destroyed enough for his liking, Khao curls his claw into a fist, enveloping it in a scarlet glow and slamming it into the wrecked ground with a savage roar. A horrible sound of splitting and grinding metal screeches through the air as a crack weaves its way through the ground beneath the bed of debris. Eventually it reaches Ammy, and by some miracle of geology magma spews up from the depths of the floating metal platform, flinging Ammy into the air on a cushion of rock-searingly toasty goop. Her screams muffled by the gushing of the lava, the torrent eventually cuts off, letting the badly torched Riolu drop back to the ground with a thud. Groaning, she picks herself up from the congealing pools of rock around her and faces her opponent with a snarl. However, rather than attacking, she begins performing a strange little dance, muttering something up to the sky. Watching her lips carefully, one can just about make out the words "put your left leg in... left leg out... in out, in out.." As her frantic hopping progresses, dark clouds gather over the arena and heavy rain begins to hammer down on the top of the platform, dripping down between the cracks left by Earthquakes and soaking even the inside.

As the rain pours through the fissures in the ceiling, Khao simply stands quietly in his place, trying to keep the precipitation off his flame. Spotting her opportunity to sneak in the first attack, Ammy rushes forward, her cheeks bulging and an odd sliver of purple saliva drooling down her chin. Managing to negotiate the path to Khao without tripping on the rubble, she spits a huge glob of purple sludge at her opponent, which clings to the Typhlosion's fur and begins corroding its way into his circulatory system. Roaring in pain at the burning sensation left by the gunk, Khao flares his mane involuntarily, shooting out a spray of sparks which manoeuvre their way through the air, following Ammy as she retreats and eventually slamming one by one into her body.

SMACK, goes the final star as it spins into the back of her head, dealing a sizeable blow and disappearing in a flash. Ammy yelps and tumbles to the floor, rolling into the chunks of sharp detritus and groaning in agony. Though still not anywhere near out of the match yet, she is looking considerably worse for wear. Deciding to take pity on the Riolu, and to make the most of tactical advantages, Dwagie holds up her Pokéball, returning Ammy to the confines of the device in a burst of red light. Snatching another Pokéball, she lobs it towards where Ammy stood just before. For a moment, nothing happens except a brief flash of light. Dwagie checks the balls on her belt, making sure she didn't somehow manage to get an empty one by mistake; suddenly, a muffled cry rings out from a clump of torn-up metal, and a Horsea slowly flails its way to the top of the pile. Wheezing slightly, Zappa flops round to look for his opponent; a sudden burst of energy seizes the nerve centre of his mind, however, and all voluntary movement becomes impossible as it switches all the pain receptors in his tiny body on and off at random. The fish squeals as Khao tortures him with the psychic powers he apparently has somehow, his sadistic fun only quelled by the sudden onset of sickness from the infection of noxious chemicals swirling in his body.

typhlosion
Khao (M)
Health: 84% | Energy: 82%
Status: feeling a tad peaky/bloodlusty. Badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next)
Commands: Eruption/Counter/Volatile Spirit ~ Swift (wait unless Ammy's going to Focus Punch)/Counter/Volatile Spirit ~ Extrasensory/Counter/Volatile Spirit

=In Reserve=
seviper
Nithhoggr (M)

Wuffles (ƟƟƟ)
horsea
Zappa (M)
Ability: Sniper
Health: 91% | Energy: 100%
Item: Dragon Scale
Status: "...there's no water up here? What do these Pokémon breathe? D:"

=IN RESERVE=
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (F)
Health: 38% | Energy: 35%

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ not much to say really.
~ except who gave the cynda line Extrasensory and what was the matter with their brains
~ it's raining. 2 more actions.

=NEXT ROUND=
~ Dwagie issues commands
~ I ref​

Last edited:
((Hey, Hey Mike I'm in ur thrad nitpickan agen. But +2 speed should be a 100% multiplier, and Riolu is at 60 speed; putting Ammy at 120 base with that agility, while Typhlosion is 100. That rain dance should have gone first shouldn't it have? the prime point was to cut the eruption. I: ))

((Hey, Hey Mike I'm in ur thrad nitpickan agen. But +2 speed should be a 100% multiplier, and Riolu is at 60 speed; putting Ammy at 120 base with that agility, while Typhlosion is 100. That rain dance should have gone first shouldn't it have? the prime point was to cut the eruption. I: ))

Well, I add 10 to the base Speed for every level it's increased, putting Ammy at 80. I'm pretty sure most refs do the same sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom