• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, there is so totally something inside me going "HIGHLIGHT THE SPOILER TAAAAGS DO IT DO IT". D:

I'm nearly at the end of Case 2! :O Sheesh, it's obvious it was Cammy from the start. Unless it actually isn't Cammy and there's going to be ANOTHER twist soon... oh and yay Franziska's back but wow is she a bitch.

omg I actually squee whenever Edgeworth does one of his "I am so awesome" gestures. Like the finger wags. Oh god the finger wags. Edgewooooorth <3

...and I know everyone thinks Edgeworth sounds English, but his 'Objection' sounds very Scottish, only just noticed it... maybe it's just me.

There's a part in one of the later cases where he says "That's bloody common sense!" 8D

...well at least we know he's British in at least some way. XD
I totally called this years ago!

I love how he's so stereotypically English. Seriously, tea-loving, uptight and rather gay? I LOVE HIM.

And also, AA:I is making me love Gumshoe. I barely even liked him before! And I thought it was going to be a bit forced, bringing back all these old characters like Maggey, but it works so well! Eeee I love this game.

I'm in the middle of Case 5. This case has the obligatory stepladder reference. Spoilered for people who want to see the script for themselves.

Edgey: Hmm....A ladder.
Kay: Actually, that's a step-ladder.
Edgey: They're the exact same thing.
Kay: No way! From their structure up, they're totally different! But of course, from a thief's perspective, the best kind of ladder is the rope-ladder. A step-ladder is much too heavy to carry around, after all.
Edgey: (And from a prosecutor's perspective, any type of ladder is guilty...) (...of being dangerous during an earthquake.)

so um about the killer in the last case if I recall correctly they called h-

ahem anyway

Yes, not only Larry, but also LARRY PLAYING STEEL SAMURAI. But the best part is when you find out what sort of screwup he's been involved in this time.

Haha, the last case of AAI was epic. Everyone was epic. I've already rambled about my thoughts to elyvorg, so I can't be bothered to type them all up again right now, but oh, God.

Agreed on Alba taking ages to go down. I also figured it was him pretty soon, just because the one who did it would never be pulled out without having been brought up before, and from there it was just the process of elimination once we'd found out about Shih-na.

I love Lang. He is badass. <3 I also figured his accusation of Franziska was a scheme to be allowed to investigate immediately; it just seemed so much like something he would do.

Edgeworth's Steel Samurai fanboyism throughout the game has been absolutely amazing, especially when he went all "HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A STEEL SAMURAI FAN?!" near the end.

Didn't think of Shih-na being Calisto until we saw her laugh, though; her face just looked completely different and therefore I never really gave that any thought.

I also loved the third case. And the fourth. The first and second were less interesting to me, but on the whole, the game was awesome. Still doesn't beat T&T in my mind, but it's close enough to probably be my second favorite AA game.

Didn't think of Shih-na being Calisto until we saw her laugh, though; her face just looked completely different and therefore I never really gave that any thought.

I actually compared their profiles at one point on a whim and they did look absolutely nothing alike. They don't even have the same eye color.

wee more spoilertagged talk

I'm supposing I'm just about the only person who thought of Lang as a dude who does nothing but get in the way until the end of the final case. (and just about everyone gets useful by then, even Larry)

As for Shih-Na beign Callisto Yew, is pseudo-futuristic surgery advanced.

Speaking of which, by Court Records' timeline, AAI-4 happens next year. Sweet?

The anniversary of the day on which I bought my first PW game is rapidly approaching. March 23, 2008, to be exact. I only know that because I sent an email to a friend the day before that in which I was all excited that I would be going out to buy it the following day. xD

... *no point*

Metallica Fanboy said:
Speaking of which, by Court Records' timeline, AAI-4 happens next year. Sweet?

Only I doubt we'll have the jury system overhaul and the three-day-limit by then. xD

As for Shih-Na beign Callisto Yew, is pseudo-futuristic surgery advanced.

Remember Ini and Mimi Miney? Yeeeah, I'd say a little advanced. Besides, Yew is a talented MASTER OF DISGUISE -- she says herself that she's had many other identities.

Also, am I the only one retardedly pleased at every edgeworth does ever
getting upset that his autograph is ~A PHONY~
getting dropkicked in the testicles
only winning the last case cause he thought of phoenix at the last minute

Yeahhhh.

Oh btw hi, haven't been here for three thousand years.

Oh and, for sad spoiler.

Only a month after the events of AAI, Phoenix is disbarred. Edgeworth only really settles down after March 14, 2019. Phoenix is disbarred on the 29th of April the same year.

I don't think they even probably see each other in that span of time.

Only a month after the events of AAI, Phoenix is disbarred. Edgeworth only really settles down after March 14, 2019. Phoenix is disbarred on the 29th of April the same year.

I refuse to admit that that ever happened to Phoenix. He's too adorable for that >:(

They still can see each other just about anytime after Phoenix's disbarment, though.

*brandishes new copy of Ace Attorney Investigations* :3
I really didn't think I'd like this game ever since I found out there were no court scenes, but it's really no different at all, they just wove the cross-examination into the investigation. In fact I hope every AA game from now on has investigations like this. The Logic system especially impresses me; it makes you work a lot more for answers rather than just finding evidence and instantly working out everything it points to.

I swear everyone from Borginia is in Interpol and investigating a smuggling case though.

I swear everyone from Borginia is in Interpol and investigating a smuggling case though.
Meaning Zinc Lablanc is actually an Interpol agent currently investigating a smuggling case? Now that, folks, is a crazy theory.

Meaning Zinc Lablanc is actually an Interpol agent currently investigating a smuggling case? Now that, folks, is a crazy theory.

Crud he was Borginian too. And so were Lamiroir and Machi Tobaye. So in fact only two of the five Borginians in the series are. Okay just ignore me, I'm numbering my birds before they are born and trying to pull the sheep over your eyes.

I was pretty sure he was going to be the murderer though. Until Cammy Meele showed up, there was something murdery about her from the off. Maybe because the AA series seems to love criminalising stereotypical, harmless-seeming airheads.

Last edited:

I was pretty sure he was going to be the murderer though. Until Cammy Meele showed up, there was something murdery about her from the off. Maybe because the AA series seems to love criminalising stereotypical, harmless-seeming airheads.

Same here actually. When he first showed up I went "oh crap, he's Borginian, he's more likely to have a motive, he's the murderer."

... 'course, he wasn't, but.

Wow Kay Faraday's theme is the best thing ever.
And YOUNG EMA SKYE IS BACK i love this game

Last edited:
this is awesome

IN OTHER NEWS:
... why did Shih-na/Calisto murder Faraday again? my best guess is because he and Badd were getting close to figuring out she was part of the smuggling ring but. *confused*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom