• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Offscreen Activities

Koa doesn't go to the Wandering Zera terribly often, but the next time he does he makes a point of gathering his courage to finally say hi to Sonora and see how she's doing. As long as she isn't dismissive or hostile, he would try to offer a sincere apology.
"I judged you without knowing anything about you or this world, and that was wrong... I am sorry, I hope you can forgive me."
He'd want to know if she's settling in okay and tell her he thinks she's cool and not that bad. And if she seems amenable...
"I'd love to train with you, if you want! You had some sick moves back at the Gala! I bet I could learn something from you."

Last edited:
Nova hands Fein's body over

The town coroner, Leavanny Perry, takes the body with professional calm, and issues a handwritten receipt for it. The body's identity is not his responsibility, but he thanks Nova for doing the right thing all the same. He'll declare a cause of death shortly.

"I judged you without knowing anything about you or this world, and that was wrong... I am sorry, I hope you can forgive me."

It's hard to tell just how sincere Sonora is under her persona of rogueish charm, but she doesn't seem to hold any kind of grudge.

"Ain't got no hard feelings about it, partner! 'S'all water under the bridge, an' all that. Y'ain't the first son of a wand to take issue with me an' mine."

"I'd love to train with you, if you want! You had some sick moves back at the Gala! I bet I could learn something from you."

Amenable enough!

"No kiddin'? Guess I got time to spare fer that, an' y'all sure could use all the help y'can get. Why not?"

When Koa isn't busy with other activities or quests, he takes a little time when he can to spar with Sonora, and is quite receptive to learning from her. If she's interested, he shares what he knows about battling as well.

After the escape, Koa returns to the Jailhouse. First he checks in on the guards, being sure to try and keep a safe distance from the bars if they're conscious, and tries to talk to them. He's hoping to see if they are coherent at all. He would try to ask if they saw or heard anything unusual.

In addition, he makes another pass both inside and outside the jail, using his foresight and sense of smell to check for footprints, traces of a pokemons presence, and especially signs of Drapion.

Lastly he spends the next few hours trying to search in a grid pattern around the jailhouse for any indication of Drapion. Scales, claw marks, poison or even traces of burrowing. He keeps within town boundaries however, cautious of straying too far.

After the escape, Koa returns to the Jailhouse.

Koa finds that the guards who had been Shadowed were largely irritable and arguing with each other in distorted, clearly Shadowed voices. However, perhaps to their fortune, it had faded a lot since the escape. They were calm, but not completely healed. Something was amiss.

They would say that nothing was particularly unusual. They were at their posts. It was boring. Then they saw smoke, but it didn't smell like smoke. They thought it was poison, so after covering themselves, they approached. That's when things got blurry and they couldn't stop thinking about everything that bothered them.

Koa was then kept for several minutes as they rambled and ranted about finances, the bad weather, their irritating coworkers... It was very awkward.

Finding signs of Drapion was difficult. The scents were already mostly faded and the acrid scent of Shadows distorted other senses. However... one thing he could tell was that Drapion followed someone else for a while, and found unsurprising evidence of a few discarded scales of a blue creature. And at some point, Drapion... vanished? Like rapture just took him to the skies. Gone mid-step.

Any other signs were washed away by the water...

---

There are remarks around Mewtwo's bulletin board that someone saw a weird Helioptile with goggles wandering around the area. Had an annoying metal ball that kept bumping into certain, powerful adventurers and scouts who'd made a career off the board.

And then, as quickly as he'd appeared, he vanished and was never seen in town until later that evening.

When Koa is able to, (Wes not included) he will explain the factual details of what happened with Alex, including trying to explain shadows(although he's uncomfortable, he will stick to facts and mantain composure mostly), as well as everything Mhynt told him. He will provide the story of what happened with Seth, and warn anyone that they should under no circumstances encounter or get near Alex. He would also sincerely apologize.
[This is up to player discretion if your character actually ran into Koa or not, and may happen after the expeditions or even in a scene]

He will specifically warn people that for now, if they encounter Alex they should not antagonize him either. Ideally if they can't stay away, play along.

Koa takes time to seek out Archie and tell him about his conversation with Mhynt, and what he learned. He also specifically warns Archie about the possibility of them being controlled by Alex through shadow. ( @Weazel )

Finally, he would ask around for anyone who knows about a strong 'aura reader', checking both newspapers, local gossip, the library, and Sonora, if she's seen anything on her travels.

If this turns up nothing, Koa will return to Mew and Mewtwo, and attempt to solicit their help. He has two requests. First, if they are capable of or know any aura readers. Second, if they will help him train, especially in using shadow powers. After all, they should be much stronger than him, and he's less likely to injure them.

Following his conversation with Odette, Koa begins working on trying to learn Rain Dance.

Last edited:
Koa will return to Mew and Mewtwo, and attempt to solicit their help. He has two requests. First, if they are capable of or know any aura readers. Second, if they will help him train, especially in using shadow powers.

Mewtwo remarks that from what he heard, there are some good aura readers with the Rangers if he were to ask them. They would be a good resource.

Mewtwo also smiles evilly and tells Koa that he would be happy to show him how to combat Shadows with the power of friendship.

Grace also checks on the Shadowed guards, wondering if they're recovering well, or if they need extra help. She wasn't sure if she could personally help, but if they're still Shadowed, she tries to use her life dew, hoping she can try and 'heal' them somehow. She didn't really know how to cure anyone that was Shadowed, but she was determined to find out.

She checks the bulletin board quite often, hoping that her scouting missions bring up anything about the Wandering Light or anything that might help her learn more about Shadows and Radiance.

During one of her checks, she hears about the Helioptile and chooses to check on Gerome, mentioning that she might have heard that Lucis is testing his inventions by the board and wanted to make sure he was okay.

The Shadowed guards appear to be back to normal... but others who are their peers remark that something does seem off about them compared to before.

So far, there didn't seem to be a lot of news about the Wandering Light just yet. Maybe the boardgoers weren't going to places that the Light had been spotted...

Gerome idly remarks that Lucis apparently met an important client there who commissioned him for many projects, and paid well. Gerome isn't sure who that is and doesn't seem concerned, either.

Steven makes himself scarce after the training match debacle.

He returns to the Haus for long enough to pen a letter for Jade with instructions to deliver to her the next morning, convinced she'd rather not cross paths with him any time soon, but he can't leave his apology to her unsaid.

He then packs what little he can fit in his satchel and leaves the Haus entirely. Before he goes, though, he tucks another letter to Koa someplace in their room where the Electrike would find it if he was looking, but otherwise out of sight. The letter is brief, but makes it clear he's going to be away for some time to clear his head and to not try to come and find him.

Making sure no one is around, he leaves for Silver Ravine posthaste.

Before he goes, though, he tucks another letter to Koa someplace in their room where the Electrike would find it if he was looking, but otherwise out of sight.

Koa goes looking for Steven sometime after talking to Jade, and finds the letter instead. He's not sure what to think except that he feels hurt worried about Steven. Despite his warning he does make an attempt to look for him anyway, but can't track him very well. He considers asking Betel where he is, but loses his nerve and decides to let Steven be for now, and turns back.

At a follow up training session post-broken mask, Nova decides to take a shot in the dark with Mewtwo. He asks if he thinks there's any way he can replicate type-energy disks like he does with poké balls. And if not, if he thinks he knows an alternate means... or somewhere that has them or the technology to make them.

And following his conversation with Jade, Nova approaches other Wayfarers he knows have met Mewtwo — Mhynt, Koa, Leaf, and Gladion — to share his theory that Mewtwo's some version of Giovanni. He also explains his concerned Mewtwo may already know about this and wonders if he should just say it straight up to Mewtwo's face.

Koa is clearly none too pleased about this, and suggests that they probably can't hide anything from Mewtwo, but should definitely make a plan and let the others know if they're going to try and confront Mewtwo.

However he is ultimately in favor of just saying so and getting answers.

Ghaspius relayed what the Wayfarers learned on the Scriven expedition to those in Frontier Town - namely with regards to fast travel.

He also noted Mayor Enubel's eagerness for the group's input on the festival — if there are any ideas, activities, personal touches, or references to one's world that they wish to add, she encouraged them to speak with her about it. It's as much the offworlder's festival as it is their town's!

GM's Note: This can be done via offscreen or DM directly to me!

Mewtwo considers Nova's proposal and eventually answers that he doesn't have that technology on him just yet, but if he could find some sample of it, he may be able to make something work... Mewtwo suspects they know just where they can get such a sample. He wishes Nova luck with a sinister chuckle.

Gladion’s been going around on a bad ankle for a while, hoping it would go away. After enough time, he checks with Drungfield to ask if there’s anything he needs to do about it. Once he sees her, another question occurs to him and he eventually asks another question.

“Another thing I’ve had on my mind… since arriving, honestly. N— Greydian’s a genderless species, I’m a guy… But so’s Nova, the other one, so I was never sure if… If nobody could tell because our bodies are a mess, if they were just humouring us, if that’s normal here. Can’t help but be kinda nervous about it, but I figure you’re safe to ask. How do people… handle that stuff here?”

And following his conversation with Jade, Nova approaches other Wayfarers he knows have met Mewtwo — Mhynt, Koa, Leaf, and Gladion — to share his theory that Mewtwo's some version of Giovanni. He also explains his concerned Mewtwo may already know about this and wonders if he should just say it straight up to Mewtwo's face.

Leaf would like nothing more than to accuse Mewtwo of Giovannism right to his face just to see what he does about it, but if everyone else wants to be cautious then fine, they can take it slow for now. She does admit it's probably a dumb idea to make a mewtwo angry, at least, even if in this case they do happen to deserve it.

She also thinks it might be worth Mhynt, Nova or other always-pokémon trying to get more information out of Mew, ideally without Mewtwo present, to see if there's any other clarification he can give them.

While on his self-imposed exile to Silver Ravine, Steven evolves. [Solo post pending]

He returns to Frontier Town, a little uncertain and a bit shaken by how it went down. After having conversations with several of the group, his confidence seems to have returned. [Pending socials with Odette and Bellatrix]

He also makes a point to seek out Koa and Archie to apologize for his prior behavior. [Pending social with Koa/Archie]

Gladion’s been going around on a bad ankle for a while, hoping it would go away. After enough time, he checks with Drungfield to ask if there’s anything he needs to do about it. Once he sees her, another question occurs to him and he eventually asks another question.

“Another thing I’ve had on my mind… since arriving, honestly. N— Greydian’s a genderless species, I’m a guy… But so’s Nova, the other one, so I was never sure if… If nobody could tell because our bodies are a mess, if they were just humouring us, if that’s normal here. Can’t help but be kinda nervous about it, but I figure you’re safe to ask. How do people… handle that stuff here?”

Drungfield tends to Gladion's ankle with her usual, efficiently terse bedside manner. She softens a little as he asks about gender.

"You spotted my horns are spear rather than distaff, I take it?"

The way the Doc tells it, gender – and biological sex – are hardly a concern for most Forlasan pokémon the way it is in Gladion's culture. It hardly matters save for identifying reproductively viable mates in non-dimorphic species, and even dimorphic ones often hardly differ. Indeedee are an unusual species for being obviously sexed, and having associated gendered traits.

"I'm a medic by vocation," says the Doc, a little gruffly. "Healthcare is female. Stewardship is male. Any Indeedee can learn Healing Wish, of course, but my choice of profession is what makes me female, whatever anatomy I might have. Sometimes a 'mon will call me sir, not having any way of knowing how Indeedee are, but I've never met anyone with more than half a wit who'd argue with me when corrected. In your case, I imagine folks either look for a cue or confirmation, or make a best guess based on your voice and happen to get it right. It's not like there aren't plenty of silicoid or ghostly 'mon species without sex, gender, or both. Or 'mon with sexes who don't care for gender. Each to their own."

She drily adds that he should check back there just in case, avians being non-obvious at times, and biology being a deeply unreliable science even then.

Odette continues to see Drungfield for semi-regular shooting lessons. In their time together, Odette reminisces about her home world, and tells Drungfield about her grandfather, who was also a bit of a sharpshooter. She also asks Drungfield about her thoughts on the Shadow Pokemon, and thanks her for dealing with all the Wayfarers' injuries and for taking her on as a student.

At work, she continues to add new songs to her roster, and continues to fraternize with the wealthy patrons. Additionally, she frequently takes it upon herself to answer some of Nolan's requests while he is staying there and while she is on the clock and not onstage.

Odette reminisces about her home world, and tells Drungfield about her grandfather, who was also a bit of a sharpshooter. She also asks Drungfield about her thoughts on the Shadow Pokemon, and thanks her for dealing with all the Wayfarers' injuries and for taking her on as a student.

"Whatever superstitious nonsense regular folk come up with, there's a rational cause and effect to everything in this world. Shadow energy is just another phenomenon which we're yet to understand. Once we understand it, and – Saints willing – develop treatments for the condition of those consumed by it, people won't have to be so damn scared about it all the time."

~~~

"Medicine is my vocation. Wounds want healing. All I ask is that brave young fools take reasonable precautions! Until then, which I pray I live to see, I'll be patchin' folks up whenever needs must."

At work, she continues to add new songs to her roster, and continues to fraternize with the wealthy patrons.

"Why darling, I do declare I have never heard anything quite like this. What do you make of it?"

"I wonder if it's
native. I can't imagine what else..."

"No, surely not! Just listen to it! ...Perhaps we ought to credit those tales of other worlds, for that could very well be the origin of such sound?"

"You think so? Well I didn't like to say it before, but I did think it sounded a little like those records we sampled from Novelux..."

"Oh? You mean that Sparkwright fellow...?

"I wouldn't know, dear. But he is awfully eccentric, isn't he? What was it they were called? 'Electronic swinging music'?"

"Electric swing, darling. Electric swing."

Additionally, she frequently takes it upon herself to answer some of Nolan's requests while he is staying there and while she is on the clock and not onstage.

"My thanks again, Ms Odette. A fine evening to you, and my regards to Mr Greasewood. And if I may trouble you so – I would be most gratified if you should pass along any intelligence you gather on the whereabouts of Ignatius Voclain. I have been watching his frozen accounts and former business partners like a hawk, but it's as if he walked straight into Hell without leaving so much as a loose coin."

If Nolan thinks it odd that Odette is always the one to deliver his requests, he doesn't comment on it.

Back
Top Bottom