• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Incedentally, for NA people, if you have a Pokémon Trainer Club account, you'll get the code for the demo tomorrow! You probably have to enable email from TPCI though.

No it's not. These are remakes of an older set of games. They don't need customization and I for one am glad they didn't include it.

No it's not. These are remakes of an older set of games. They don't need customization and I for one am glad they didn't include it.

It's a remake but they're still including megas and such. Character customisation is an entirely optional feature, so I don't see why anyone would want it not to be included.

Just read through it seems to be a poor excuse....."Because the trainer puts on adventuring gear" what the scuba mask thing we know for sure but what else go-goggles? bike helmet for once?
I suppose that includes skin/eye/hair colour options are gone
Wouldn't it make sense to at least have this as the opening?
Hi there im Prof. Birch ..yak....yak....
Tell me about your self
Are you a boy or girl?
what eye/hair/skin colour do you have?

Wake up
Pick your clothes from the classic outfits and the ORAS redesign
colour can be red, blue or green
pick a hat from cap, beanie or bandana
(Visit home anytime to switch between different outfits)

Problems solved without straying to far off the Hoenn Look and feel or stealing the Full customization from Kalos.

All in all I think GF were to lazy/short on time? to reimplement it. If customization is a Kalos only thing why not take away Pokemonamie aswell?

With rerigerate mega Glalie will probably be getting a boost to attack?
what moves would it use to make the most of it? all I can see is return, Giga Impact? and maybe an ice type explosion could be interesting as a trump card/Last resort(no not the moves)?

Mega Steelix paired with mega Tyranitar in a double Multi...

It's a remake but they're still including megas and such. Character customisation is an entirely optional feature, so I don't see why anyone would want it not to be included.

Because May and Brendan's designs are iconic and aside from updates some people do't sit well with the idea of being able to change that. Like me.

Pick your clothes from the classic outfits and the ORAS redesign
colour can be red, blue or green

That would've been nice. I liked May's green bandana most but at the same time I liked her RS costume.

I think at the very least they should have a choice of skin colour.

Because May and Brendan's designs are iconic and aside from updates some people do't sit well with the idea of being able to change that. Like me.

But again: optional.

Hot feckin' damn Mega Glalie. I love it. I wish it was the real Glalie.

Mega Steelix looks...interesting. I want to know what those things orbiting it are.

sure, but the benefit of customisation is that you get to play as yourself; as your own trainer and your own identity. Even if May and Brendan are iconic, you don't play pokemon Ruby & Sapphire as May and Brendan, you play as yourself and your rival. Your own avatar doesn't really have any of its own characterisation - there isn't any dialogue, decisions or anything like that and you name the character yourself. It's not like when you're playing Mario, you're playing as Mario; there's a storyline and Mario has his own motivations and all you do is push him around various levels until you beat the game. Mario has his own agency as a playable character, but the pokemon protagonists do not (and they never do). Pokemon has always gone on the emphasis of you going on your own Pokemon adventure, and it kind of ticks me off that now we've finally reached the point of customisation they're taking it away for some reason.You are essentially playing as yourself, but you look like May or Brendan; if you wanted to stay looking them, you could've just stuck to the default clothes?? It seems kind of odd for them to introduce customisation and then take that away, particularly when they did a really nice job of it. It's also disappointing because it means now you have to play ORAS as a white person. It also means that everyone on PSS will look the same ?? Assuming there is a PSS.

also it really shits me off that we get cosplaying Pikachus but not character customisation. I don't care about your mascot Game Freak shut up about it already

Another thing about customisation is that Red is pretty iconic but that didn't stop them from including boy/girl selection in FRLG.

On Mega Glalie, I actually first misread it as Mega Gallade. When I misread it I actually forgot Mega Gallade was already a thing. But now that I've noticed my mistake it made me wonder, since Gallade and Frosslass are sort of counterparts in that they were both introduced as one-gender evolutions that use the same stone, and how both Gallade and Gardevoir have megas, do you think they'll introduce a Mega Frosslass?

Not sure about Mega Froslass, maybe it'll appear in the next game/games? Kind of like Gallade had to wait a bit to get a Mega.

On Mega-ish news, people have already ripped open the demo and found stuff inside! Like an image of a creepy-ass demonic new Psychic/Dark Hoopa form/mega evolution and stats for all the new megas (not to mention images of the shiny forms of the aforementioned megas)! Pokemon fans never rest, do they?

I'm... not sure how to feel about the Hoopa thing. I'll just try not to judge it before seeing it in action, especially since that tiny pre-rendered picture doesn't really give a clear view of its face (I like the hairdo though). One thing I'm certain of is that it's definitely on the top of the list of 'jesus fuck wtf' Pokemon.

Also that signature move of its sounds pretty OP: dark type, 100 damage and always hits? Whoa calm down there satan. :V

EDIT: I just downloaded the demo (though I can't play yet because I need to do Things. the struggle is real). Have any of you folks gotten your demo codes?

Last edited:
I managed to download the demo!

I didn't realise Brendan/May was going to be so short. I get that they're 10 but now they actually LOOK like they're 10, you know? I'm not sure if that means that Calem/Serena were older like the protagonists from gen 5, or if it's just an aesthetic choice between Kalos and Hoenn. After all, it seems like youngsters will be the same height as Brendan/May but in XY they were the same height as everyone else.

I will say I'm not as opposed to May's new design now that I've seen her in-game, mainly due to her ^_^ faces.

I can't say I like the Ace Trainers' VS sprite, they're looking towards the camera so they look really flat. The Battle Girls on the other hand, are mean and keep trying to jump kick me in the face.
Speaking of Ace Trainers, were there male ones in XY? I can't remember. I only remember that the female ones looked like the same person as the Lasses and Veterans.

What is Steven's connection to the Latis again? He was the one who introduces them in HGSS, and it seems like it stuck. Were they related before those games?

When Glalie mega evolves, there's a brief moment before it's engulfed by the swirly thing, that the black outlines around it disappear and it looks, for a lack of a better word, more realistic. Maybe that happens to every Pokémon that mega evolves, but this is the first time I noticed it.

Also the demo seems to exists in a weird bizarro world where people lock their doors and you can't just walk in unannounced. Except for Steven, he's sensible and makes a Kekleon stand in front of his house.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that the games abbreviation for ORAS actually use an upper case omega and a lower case alpha, that reminds me of the people who said the patterns on primal Groudon/Kyogre looked like those symbols.

Last edited:
Potential Spoilers! Data Leak
It seems legitamate:

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/10/pokemon-oras-huge-datamine-leak/

If it's true
Shockwave wingulls are back!
along with former Gen tm moves Giga Drain and Waterpulse

Ty is wearing a Rotom t-shirt!

There's a diver trainer class!?

Contest!Brendan isn't wearing his "this isn't my hair" white cap, it looks weird D:

Wally looks as androgynous as ever.

In the mugshots (I wasn't aware that's what they were called) I can't work out what trainer class it is between the Pyromaniac and the Dragon Tamer.

I like how happy the Aroma Ladies look.

I get that the Pokémaniac is doing an impression of a Pokémon but really it just looks like he's drooling about something.

I like Glacia. In the originals I guess the sprite was too small to know what she looked like.

I finally realised what Roxanne's mugshoot pose reminds me of. It first I thought it was the "fgsfds" meme but it's actually the King from the Zelda CDi games.

Given that it only shows mugshots for the even team grunts and admins, does that means that the boss will be a model rather than a flat image?

And there's text saying VS [name] for every gym leader and elite four, so I wonder what the ones that say only "VS." are for.

Also it says "VS. Liza and Tate" and not "Tate and Liza", which I think it was i the originals. On the other hand it makes more sense the new way given that it's supposed to sound like "levitate"

Given that it only shows mugshots for the even team grunts and admins, does that means that the boss will be a model rather than a flat image?

I think they've already shown Maxie & Archie's in-battle models in some of the trailers (and even the one that plays after you finish the demo) so that's a yes.

also unrelated: holy shit Wallace's outfit. I have no words, but I'm not complaining ;D

Back
Top Bottom