• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

that's so weird! especially when they were hinting that there's more to come in XY, and to 'not worry' about the small pokedex number. game freak why do you play with my heart :(

What do you mean by rankings? As in global? And what would communication be limited to? Game Freak's pulling some weird stuff with ORAS, and people aren't liking it, and they probably won't like it once it comes out.

If so, is the compatibility patch you mentioned just for that? Because it would be really weird to have such a situation on our hands. R/S/E could fully communicate with FR/LG, DPPt with HGSS, etc. Now, with these new Megas, it's gonna be weirder than ever.

exclusively white or exclusively any race? because the latter i get but the former just reeks of the kind of sjw racism that thinks that way

Wait, what?? Sjw racism? Are you implying reverse racism towards white people???

Also, I totally forgot you were allowed to pick the skin colour of your protag. I really haven't played in too long...

what? i'm confused now. i was saying that complaining about it being exclusively white seems to be reverse racism! which, sjws kind of do a lot.

what? i'm confused now. i was saying that complaining about it being exclusively white seems to be reverse racism! which, sjws kind of do a lot.

okay, now i'm confused. i'm bothered by there only being white protags because it's part of a larger trend of games not being that ethnically diverse, especially not when compared to like, actual gamer demographics. how is that reverse racism ???

oh, also! i forgot to mention that i got the demo.
there's a spot in front of one of the houses in mossdeep where there's "something invisible blocking the way!" which makes me desperately hope for mega kecleon. also brendan is orlando which okay whatever i guess !

re compatibility: this really weirds me out as well! because they're games from the same generation, but basically you can't use any moves/megas from ORAS? they ... haven't really done this with the other generations before, have they? makes me wonder if we will get a pokemon Z after all.

?_? reverse racism isn't actually a thing...

okay, now i'm confused. i'm bothered by there only being white protags because it's part of a larger trend of games not being that ethnically diverse, especially not when compared to like, actual gamer demographics. how is that reverse racism ???

oh, also! i forgot to mention that i got the demo.
there's a spot in front of one of the houses in mossdeep where there's "something invisible blocking the way!" which makes me desperately hope for mega kecleon. also brendan is orlando which okay whatever i guess !

re compatibility: this really weirds me out as well! because they're games from the same generation, but basically you can't use any moves/megas from ORAS? they ... haven't really done this with the other generations before, have they? makes me wonder if we will get a pokemon Z after all.

Wait there's no compatibility ??? I'm so behind on this what. What ?_?

Wait there's no compatibility ??? I'm so behind on this what. What ?_?
XY and ORAS are *kinda* compatible, but XY won't be getting a patch to include the new Megas/forms/items/moves. Which means that yeah, you can't trade your new mega stones or something like Rayquaza with its new move into XY but otherwise they should communicate like normal.

Apparently you just can't battle if the opponent has X or Y and you're rocking one of the new items (incl. megastones) or moves or primal reversion stuff.

(also the skintone discussion might even be big enough for its own thread? idk it just kind of feels like it's getting vaguely offtopic)

yeah it's probably best if we actually do just chill on the skin tone stuff, i'm not saying stuff that's being taken well and i know if i keep going on this line of thought it'll escalate into something that i really don't want to get into. so yeah.

XY and ORAS are *kinda* compatible, but XY won't be getting a patch to include the new Megas/forms/items/moves. Which means that yeah, you can't trade your new mega stones or something like Rayquaza with its new move into XY but otherwise they should communicate like normal.

Apparently you just can't battle if the opponent has X or Y and you're rocking one of the new items (incl. megastones) or moves or primal reversion stuff.

(also the skintone discussion might even be big enough for its own thread? idk it just kind of feels like it's getting vaguely offtopic)

Uhmmm that seems really really stupid to me. What. Is this something that they might possibly change with a patch later on? :V Is there some reason for doing this I'm not seeing...?

I think my biggest pokemon pet peeve is when they remove features that are great. Like I'm still 100% pissed pokemon don't follow you around. >|

yeah it's probably best if we actually do just chill on the skin tone stuff, i'm not saying stuff that's being taken well and i know if i keep going on this line of thought it'll escalate into something that i really don't want to get into. so yeah.

Ok yeah maybe it should be in a new thread if it's continued.

The reason for doing this is pretty much to make sure you actually buy OR/AS and don't just get all the new content from OR/AS in X/Y from a friend for free and enjoy that instead.

Edited the sentence, was probably a little unclear.

Last edited:
But, why make it impossible to battle people with XY stuff, and impossible to use XY moves, then?

They're not doing that, as far as I know. They're including everything that was in XY in ORAS (Pokémon, moves, megas, items, etc), but if you have any ORAS-exclusive things in your party, you can't battle/trade with XY.

There's a new side story in the games called the Delta Episode which will be some sort of (what I assume is) post-game content involving a new character named Zinnia, Mega Rayquaza, Deoxys, the evil teams, a meteorite that'll destroy the world, and SPAAAAAAAAAACE.

In other news, I don't think there are any more new Mega Evolutions. So I hope they're hiding something even more exciting before the game's release.

Yeah it kinda does seem like you might be able to catch Deoxys in-game (I think there was a Deoxys battle theme in the demo files, or at least some kind of reference to it)!
The whole space thing looks really cool! Finally the space center will be useful :P

Also, some people noted that the newest trailer had Blaziken using Ice Punch, which wasn't in the tutor move list that was ripped from the demo. This could mean that we might still get a lot of new stuff that wasn't in the demo's files (still hoping for a Mega Flygon). Guess we'll see next week!
It's gonna be hard having to wait an extra week before getting the game because lol Europe :Y

Yeah it kinda does seem like you might be able to catch Deoxys in-game (I think there was a Deoxys battle theme in the demo files, or at least some kind of reference to it)!
The whole space thing looks really cool! Finally the space center will be useful :P

Also, some people noted that the newest trailer had Blaziken using Ice Punch, which wasn't in the tutor move list that was ripped from the demo. This could mean that we might still get a lot of new stuff that wasn't in the demo's files (still hoping for a Mega Flygon). Guess we'll see next week!
It's gonna be hard having to wait an extra week before getting the game because lol Europe :Y

Could be blaziken using mirror move?

Back
Top Bottom