• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

On Removing Clutter

Status
Not open for further replies.
what few seconds of bland entertainment

Entertainment value is relative to the person enjoying it.

and potential fame they can squeeze from the forums.

Not everyone goes there for postcount+. Plus, not counting posts there would essentially fix it.

Entertainment value is relative to the person enjoying it.

unfortunately we are with 1000 people on a board not just Lucas755 and on the whole this kind of entertainment can be practiced elsewhere and better with the same enjoyment value. on the whole, if you want to play these games, go to a games forum where you can play it all day.

Why can't we do it here? Give me ONE reason why we should have to leave because you don't like our entertainment. We have a right to enjoy ourselves. If you don't like it, nobody is making you do it, look at it, or even stay. We shouldn't have to stop doing what we enjoy just because some people don't like it. I think these three threads are all incredibly stupid, but I didn't tell those who enjoyed them to delete it or leave and take it somewhere else. (The last one, yes, I did post in and say to delete, but that's only because the exact same was done to US vs. World and all other counting games, so that one shouldn't be treated any differently.)

Stop acting like your entertainment is so much better than ours better than ours that you have the fucking right to say that we should leave just because of it. Stop saying we should leave if we want to enjoy htat. You like your shit, and that's fine with me. I like my shit, and that's fine with me, too. It should be fine with you, but I guess it's not. I don't care who likes what as long as it doesn't affect somebody else, and I don't get why the fuck you do. Please give me one reason why anybody should have to leave beacuse of what they like. Then, please give me a reason why we should have to leave instead of you. I don't want "read vee's post" or anything like that, I don't want a reason why you think ours is worse. I want a reason why you think that anyone should have to leave for what entertains them, and a reason why you shouldn't and we should.

The lag is a red herring being used as a convenient practical excuse.

The issue here is the quality of the forums. Posting useless garbage does not improve the forums (and is, in fact, actually against the rules).

People using "but it's fun!!" and "you can just ignore it" and "what harm does it do" as rationales are not trying to improve the forums; they are interested only in themselves and what few seconds of bland entertainment and potential fame they can squeeze from the forums.

I wish you guys could at least get our point of view here rather than trying to rationalize why something with no point (and that takes no effort) belongs on discussion forums where it will be saved forever. Why can't this crap go in IRC or IM? If you're bored, why can't you try to start a real conversation about something?

Zim, EeveeSkitty, this is why. I am going to repost this post over and over until you actually bother to get your head out of your ass and read what probably the most intelligent member on the board has to say. This post, his previous post, it sums it all up.

Why can't we do it here? Give me ONE reason why we should have to leave because you don't like our entertainment. We have a right to enjoy ourselves. If you don't like it, nobody is making you do it, look at it, or even stay. We shouldn't have to stop doing what we enjoy just because some people don't like it. I think these three threads are all incredibly stupid, but I didn't tell those who enjoyed them to delete it or leave and take it somewhere else. (The last one, yes, I did post in and say to delete, but that's only because the exact same was done to US vs. World and all other counting games, so that one shouldn't be treated any differently.)

Stop acting like your entertainment is so much better than ours better than ours that you have the fucking right to say that we should leave just because of it. Stop saying we should leave if we want to enjoy htat. You like your shit, and that's fine with me. I like my shit, and that's fine with me, too. It should be fine with you, but I guess it's not. I don't care who likes what as long as it doesn't affect somebody else, and I don't get why the fuck you do. Please give me one reason why anybody should have to leave beacuse of what they like. Then, please give me a reason why we should have to leave instead of you. I don't want "read vee's post" or anything like that, I don't want a reason why you think ours is worse. I want a reason why you think that anyone should have to leave for what entertains them, and a reason why you shouldn't and we should.

Your wall of text translates to:

Angst angst angst You're oppressing me swear swear swear Why do I have to change putz putz putz

We're not telling you to leave. We're telling you to start posting better quality stuff because the current crap is absolute garbage.

FYI Topics made in the name of Lulz, when done properly, are actually full of lulz. Hence the name, Lulz.

I get the impression that the opposes want to get rid of Forum Games altogether.

If it's 'get rid of some numbers threads and make some better ones' I might go with it...

They do want to get rid of FG altogether. Some do, anyway.

Also, for us, Forum Games can be full of lulz. Why do you think you have the right to decide what entertainment is better quality than something else? I've already read Eevee's post. I DO participate in some of what you consider to be an actual conversation. Some actual conversation did go on in the counting threads, but I do agree that those were spammy and, after thinking about it, I agree with their removal.

What I don't agree with is that you think that an entire board should be deleted just because you don't agree with the entertainment. You say it's because it's about the quality of the forums. How does our entertainment in one board affect the overall quality of the forums? Why is FG worse quality?

Stop just quoting a post I already read. Reading it more isn't going to change my mind. You quoting it more is only going to make me less likely to change my mind. I've read that post, that doesn't mean I agree. Explain to me how my entertainment is lower quality and should be removed, and how doing so would benefit the forums as a whole, especially with how much it would upset some members.

Also, please don't condescend me by saying my posts are simply that. If I said what I thought a lot of your side's posts essentially are, I'm sure you'd get angry and I might get in trouble, so don't do it to me.

Last edited:
How am I proving his point? It's fun for me. It isn't for you. It doesn't affect the quality of the rest of the forums. How would the forums be better if you deleted the most popular board? Why is it such a bad thing that people like it? If it's the board that has the most posts, then obviously people like it, so why do you want to get rid of it? (Or, it was the most popular, until some threads were deleted.)

Why do you think that just because for you it's lower quality it's a good thing to get rid of it? What about angering people and getting rid of something you don't like will solve the forums?

And yes, I was referencing that.

Butterfree's server is robust.

Post entirely useless crap elsewhere, please.

I don't exactly think that it's useless crap. Personally, I think that ASB is crap, but I don't go around asking mods to delete the forum because other people actually like it!
Now, you may not like the Forum Games, and that's fine with me, but that gives you no right to call it useless crap. It also gives you no right to delete some of the threads there.
Why don't you delete the dead ones? I mean, if no one's posting in them, then they're just unneeded, and nobody will care if you delete them.

I hadn't known that a thread with 17k posts of people counting that brought down the forum for half an hour isn't useless crap!

also they don't cause harm if they're dead. :|

I think the three threads I linked to and ASB are utterly pointless crap, can they be deleted too? (I do agree with the deletion of US vs. World, though.)

Also, I think that just deleting dead ones is a good idea. At least do that before you delete the ones that are still active that people like.

I didn't say US vs. World didn't have to be deleted. (It was getting too big)

I'm saying you guys are talking about how all the Forum Games are crap. I don't think so, and a lot of other people feel the same way.

I think removing it would do zero harm to the forum because people would be forced to actually post something worthwhile (something scarce).

Wow. Well, I believe then that we should get rid of all social groups that have Watershed in them because he's weird

See how that sounds stupid? This isn't my opinion at all because I don't know you, and I don't mean a word of it, but I say it anyway. That's what you're doing. You don't know if people are posting worthwhile stuff in there. If they aren't, then you can go ahead and delete them.

If you don't like the Forum Games, you don't have to be here. Or better yet, you can just ignore it and we'll all live happily ever after...

Wow. Well, I believe then that we should get rid of all social groups that have Watershed in them because he's weird

See how that sounds stupid?

Yeah. Because you just posted something "lol so random".

Too easy to counter. Give me a harder one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom