• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

Man, 4 starting mafia + a third-party seems like a lot. It's a weight off shoulders to know that there isn't an outgroup, though, that was a good question tbh tbh.

I dunno, I'm really busy today but I could like. Walk through my EOD1 and why I'd never behave how I did while the wagons were apparently actually w/w, walk through how to believe I'm mafia here you have to believe that I would care zero about Seshas dying on day 1, then go all-out defending Butterfree/koko after them being literally red checked, then for some reason carry the kill against a town tracker despite having an outed partner, then claim a role that is falsifiable by yet another town role?

I don't know if that would actually do anything for anyone... though no matter who the last mafia is I've been setting myself up as a ripe misyeet since day 3 (probably since like day 1) and that's on me, not any of you. Projecting town is a two-way street and for a variety of reasons I didn't do it well this game - room for improvement when I come back to playing, I guess.

@RedneckPhoenix - Can you tell me more about why you decided to target the people that you did?

@storm - What is your one-shot? Can I ask why'd you track kyeugh last night?

@Mistyx - I'm specifically wondering why you voted koko apparently based on votecounts - can you tell me more about your thought process there presumably believing based on your previous action that kyeugh was the witness / after tbh just flipped?

Also, can you three all claim your flavor if you haven't already, and speak briefly about the other two names above? "The last mafia is not them because it's Keldeo" is I suppose a fair enough thought but I want to know what about their behavior makes them town. In other words, this is a request to show your work before you get into final 3.

Actually, storm, could you talk about the reasoning behind all of the people you tracked? I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere!

Trying to decipher the Wikipedia stuff I received from tbh through Mawile, uh, I'm thinking the first section means that they asked how many (town?) doctors there are and were confused by "egg as food," which I am also confused by as an answer to this question, and the rest is reads whose value to me is tempered by the fact I'm guessing they are probably shrugtunneling me from the grave as I write this, ahah.

hmm that actually brings something up

I received a weird anonymous message n0 that still no one has claimed

was it just hydre's main and the public announcement was their 1-shot?
Also fwiw this makes sense to me, I think everyone else's role is accounted for, outside a mafia fakeclaim but idk why seshas would fruit vendor you at the same time one of their teammates messaged you. It raises the question of who all Hydreigon targeted but I suppose they could have gotten unlucky and messaged like everyone who died or something.

re: your plan, sorry, but I'm not sure I see why any mafia in that scenario wouldn't just kill Emmy? Am I missing something?

Also, quick notes that storm tracking kyeugh to Emmy confirms that Mist isn't just making that result up, even though I see like zero reason for her to make it up, and there is also an unaccounted-for block of kyeugh n1 but not sure if that came from a fakeclaiming mafia dead or alive, or like, Hydreigon? (also on RNP, iirc?)

Without rereading, thoughts on non-Emmy people are like...

storm felt good for handling of koko/Butterfree iirc, although bets about that probably off after kyeugh claimed her koko check on day 2. I don't really remember their treatment of Seshas right now, I think they felt like onboard with the wagon but didn't actually vote there, which feels like a good look as well. I honestly am not sure what the mafia agenda was at EOD1 - Butterfree didn't seem to want Seshas to die when she checked in, but they ended up being the one to die over koko, so who knows. Mafia tracker could make sense with RNP's main role, though I'm not sure why they'd repeatedly track me - fishing for a guilty, I guess...? Or, actually, most all people had claimed at that point so that's not a point in their favor.

Off the cuff I feel like Mist probably looks best from a bird's eye perspective, because like... in order for all these things to have happened, I think she'd basically have been going in with intent to make herself look really mechanically good, even before the redchecks came out. Getting apparently fruit vendored by Seshas n0 (and Butterfree was trying to set that up as w/w iirc), recharging RNP's action, and copying the dead townies' actions recently. Solving today is like totally fakeable but seems leg. There are notes that ring strangely, like her post pulling up all of the EOD votecounts seeming like busywork, but it's like really hard for me to say that outweighs the mechanics.

RNP had an early claim (good given old meta on him) and what seem* to be extremely protown action uses on DM/Jack/Hydrei, I don't really see much agenda in that. I suppose he could have wanted to set himself up to look good, but it uh seems like a lot, particularly because Jack appeared to be the vig shot that night so it's not like he could have pulled the old "shoot the person I'm checking." The one-shot persisting after apparently being blocked puzzles me a bit, but it looks from Hydreigon's reaction that the action went through, so that makes sense I guess. Think I would look up how Butterfree treated his d1 claim, because in hindsight I wonder whether she was like faking paranoia about all town claims and just accepting at face value the mafia claims like Seshas's.

* Assuming that Hydreigon was telling the truth about being some sort of town messenger role, I don't know that mafia messenger and town messenger together would be something Mawile would do, so probably nix the tinfoil of RNP making up fake messages. And anyway if they were messages they had the same result as his real action, and I don't know why he wouldn't have just claimed to have targeted one of koko/Butterfree and let them "prove" their innocence. Actually probably I lied about Mist and RNP looks the best to me because of that, unless they were worried about the risk of us deciding to yeet the affected person anyway and having RNP proven wrong.

I guess that means my preliminary conclusion is it's... most likely storm, just based on Mist and RNP having mechanical stuff in favor? But off memory, there's still behavioral things that don't feel right with that world.

I'm fading fast, I'll try to check in before deadline and stuff but don't think I can promise much. I'll reread and post more in f3 for sure, and I now see that Emmy was around to react to Mist's ping, so. glgl.

I'm sorry for spamming walls - was kind of just dumping thoughts and things got away from me. Actually going to go now.

Haha I lied one more thing, I have not been keeping any sort of spreadsheet this game but I would be if I were mafia!!

Sorry I’m sorry I’m trying to remove it but I keep thinking of things

Storm and RNP, can you elaborate on why you thought I was the last mafia before Mist revealed her result about Emmy?

especially when they still don't realize that someone saw them killing tbh^2

i respect the play keldeo but even in the parallel universe where you're town, it makes sense to lynch you bc, yknow, you visited the Hella Dead person on the night they died. that's what we in the business call Being A Prime Suspect

let's assume, for a moment, the mafia is storm. after lynching you, it's just me, mist, emmy, and storm. storm, say, decides to kill mist. in that timeline, i pester mawile about making sure emmy is around for the day phase. we lynch storm, flips mafia, win. i trust that mist would do the same if i were to die. and if emmy dies, then me and mist just. hit storm.

i don't think mist could be mafia and honestly i'd feel really fucking betrayed and probably cry if they flipped red because they recharged my one-shot which helped the town, if they were mafia they could have just said that shit in scumchat and been all "hey shut the fuck up i'm gonna recharge your one-shot, have fun" and not mentioned it in thread

if i'm mafia, then fuck you mawile i'm the only one allowed to make bastard games like this

ironically the most dangerous universe comes when emmy is theoretically mafia, because they haven't FUCKIN posted damn near at all so it's hard to tell if they're purposefully being quiet or just genuinely that easily distracted

i say all this with the purpose of encouraging fellow town members and threatening the members of the mafia. of course, none of this will matter when you flip red.

Trying to decipher the Wikipedia stuff I received from tbh through Mawile, uh, I'm thinking the first section means that they asked how many (town?) doctors there are and were confused by "egg as food," which I am also confused by as an answer to this question, and the rest is reads whose value to me is tempered by the fact I'm guessing they are probably shrugtunneling me from the grave as I write this, ahah.

Also fwiw this makes sense to me, I think everyone else's role is accounted for, outside a mafia fakeclaim but idk why seshas would fruit vendor you at the same time one of their teammates messaged you. It raises the question of who all Hydreigon targeted but I suppose they could have gotten unlucky and messaged like everyone who died or something.

re: your plan, sorry, but I'm not sure I see why any mafia in that scenario wouldn't just kill Emmy? Am I missing something?
because I simply copy emmy's action onto herself! so we get a double doc setup

my check specifically says it was emmy so that's not a world

I guess storm would be scum over RNP? but like, why fake a red check when your last partner is already set to go down

I tracked kyeugh mostly because I was. not really sure if emmy was even paying attention to the game, and as I still suspect you are mafia, my assumption was you would have someone else make the kill in case I was still tracking you, so I wanted to try to catch that if I could. however I didn't really have any decent reasoning for kyeugh over anyone else - I was really indecisive over who to pick for the whole night, and secondguessed it long after I sent in my action

because I simply copy emmy's action onto herself! so we get a double doc setup
or we get emmy killed in the world she's mafia

Back
Top Bottom