• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

i respect the play keldeo but even in the parallel universe where you're town, it makes sense to lynch you bc, yknow, you visited the Hella Dead person on the night they died. that's what we in the business call Being A Prime Suspect
Thanks for answering! I see where you’re coming from but I really don’t know how to explain better how this in fact does the opposite of make me a suspect...

because I simply copy emmy's action onto herself! so we get a double doc setup

Ahh, I see! This whole time I was thinking you receive people’s action results.

So the question becomes am I willing to bet the game on (Emmy being town,) Mist being town and mafia between storm and RNP not having any sort of blocking or redirecting or disruptive role. Uh. Maybe? Even if no I guess there’s not much I can do.

my check specifically says it was emmy so that's not a world

I guess storm would be scum over RNP? but like, why fake a red check when your last partner is already set to go down

Okay cool.

So that toDay happens exactly like it has, I guess. I did actually target tbh so it’s not like they were making up a result wholesale, but that was bad luck on my part so whatever. Probably there’s some takeaway about “wolfing as town” from that haha.

I tracked kyeugh mostly because I was. not really sure if emmy was even paying attention to the game, and as I still suspect you are mafia, my assumption was you would have someone else make the kill in case I was still tracking you, so I wanted to try to catch that if I could. however I didn't really have any decent reasoning for kyeugh over anyone else - I was really indecisive over who to pick for the whole night, and secondguessed it long after I sent in my action
Okay, thank you. If I were mafia I’d not have had any living partners last night to send the kill, so if you are town you could have confirmed me, but that’s immaterial now.

What are your day action and flavor?

I guess the real plot twist would be that we are all in fact town and one of the mafia isn’t actually dead :eek:

...honestly I have had a lot of trouble keeping track of how many potential living mafia we should have or everyone's claims so uh. I should have stuck on you but didn't! my inability to estimate is on me

I have a one-shot gladiator power, and my flavour role is a Very Angry Dog

my tracking power is sniffing, my immunity was linked to the sheer amount of rage packed within my small frame making it impossible to speak to me without getting bitten and my gladiator challenge is through snarling at my chosen opponent. it's honestly the best flavour and I love it, thank you @Mawile

~despite all my rage I am still just a dog in a mafia game~

Vote History:
RedneckPhoenix voted Keldeo (#1797)
storm voted Keldeo (#1798)
Mistyx voted Keldeo (#1801)

Active Votes (+ post numbers):
RedneckPhoenix voted Keldeo (#1797)
storm voted Keldeo (#1798)
Mistyx voted Keldeo (#1801)

Vote Count:
Keldeo (3): RedneckPhoenix (#1797), storm (#1798), Mistyx (#1801)
(Nonvoters: Keldeo, Despicable Meme, kyeugh, Vipera Magnifica, IndigoEmmy, kokorico, Trebek, tbh^2, Butterfree, JackPK, Seshas, Hydreigon25)

EoD in like 2 hours? Time is fake, as per usual

Hmm, I suppose RNP's post didn't entirely address the question of why vote me before Mist's check on Emmy was announced (the plan of yeeting me and then storm doesn't work if Emmy is a question mark). I guess "I think the track is a red check on Keldeo" is valid.

For clarity I started writing this post before Hydreigon posted.

Ehh, I suppose anything more I do right now is just getting a head start on final 3 work, and possibly I'd mafia-side anyway because lol my reads this game, so shrug. I think I'm down enough to trust Mist's auto plan after sleeping on it - winning this game via sheer force of mechanics seems fitting, anyway.

I was gonna say storm should track RNP tonight because otherwise a hypothetical mafia RNP could make someone else untraceable, but I don't think that would actually help him? Should storm's track be set to a specific person?

sup nerds

kyeugh is a legit cop

I have a red check, but I'm going to hold off on outing it
AccurateDearHeron-size_restricted.gif

i'm insane/paranoid
btw, i'm currently assuming this is the case
FatInfatuatedComet-size_restricted.gif

on n2,
how many roles are there in this game that may result in inaccurate cop results, (e.g. framers/godfathers/non-regular sanity cop)?
to which mawile replied with

-m

there are no "roles that may result in inaccurate cop results" because there are no cop results at all
FatInfatuatedComet-size_restricted.gif

Butterfree (7): Mist1422 (#1458), Hydreigon25 (#1466), tbh^2 (#1471), storm (#1658), kyeugh (#1663), RedneckPhoenix (#1667), kokorico (#1669)

End of Day 5

After a small amount of discussion, the townspeople generally agree on Keldeo to throw into the Hell Pit, and retreat to their homes. The mayor continues to sit outside, warming his hands at the Hell Pit, waiting in silence.

For a brief few moments, a few people leave their houses to talk to one another in the square. Nods and brief exchanges occur, and the townspeople scurry back inside. It's simply too cold, and they've already determined who to murder, anyway.

That's all this is. It's essentially a death sentence, with the hope that the victim turns up guilty. It's not the best way to do justice, and everyone knows it. They've essentially murdered some of their innocent neighbors, while the guilty got to live another day.

Trebek's car continues to sit empty, and the mayor briefly considers just getting in it and leaving. Nobody would have to know what happened here, he could just start a new life, he could just try to forget about the ten graves he had to dig. But he started this, it was kind of his idea, he built the Hell Pit.

The mayor decides he has to see it through to the end. He doesn't leave, even though he could just drive off into the sunset. Not that there is one anyway, the clouds continue to blot out the light of the sun. He briefly wonders if the weather is a reflection of how dire their situation is.

The wind blows around some of the loose dirt on the most freshly dug grave. There's ten graves, all hand-dug, all caused by this whole mess. At least the townspeople can try to shift blame off of themselves, with the thought that "well, there had to have been mafia members helping us throw them into the Hell Pit, so it's not entirely my fault".

The mayor absentmindedly wafts his hand through the steam rising up from the Hell Pit, and checks the time with his other hand. It's time for the townspeople to gather for the execution of Keldeo.

He goes door to door, and asks each of the five remaining townspeople to come gather in the square. They quickly confirm that, yes, Keldeo is the one they wish to throw into the Hell Pit, and ready themselves to throw him in. He helpfully lets them know that his door is open, no need to shatter any windows, and that everything they need to know is inside.

Right as the townspeople start to hoist him upon their shoulders, Keldeo grabs onto the mayor, and presses a button on a remote.

The two explode into a pile of blood, guts, and confetti.

The townspeople, with shocked faces and covered in blood spatters, agree that they need to head over to Keldeo's house. The door is open, as he mentioned, and they gently push it open.

Keldeo's house is covered in classwork and miscellaneous clown stuff. His computer sits on his desk, screen on, with a Notepad document titled "Mafia Identities". It contains a list of the four mafia members in the town: Butterfree, kokorico, Seshas, and Keldeo, along with their favorite Subway sandwiches, and how to get in the secret mafia backroom in the local Subway. Another document open on his computer is simply titled "Confetti Cannons 101".

That would explain why the Subway hasn't opened this morning: it was run by the mafia. At least the townspeople can relax now.

The mafia are dead.

Keldeo is dead. He was mafia.
Mawile is dead. He was self-aligned?
I guess?

❝ --- ❞

A New Day

The townspeople sleep in, clearly relaxed after the events of the previous day. They wake up, one by one, to the warmth of the sun shining in through their windows. It's a refreshing change of weather.

The four of them eventually make their way out of their houses to the town square, where a pile of confetti waits for them beside the Hell Pit. It's the remains of the mayor and Keldeo. Everyone remaining looks solumnly at the pile of confetti, fused together with dried blood and guts. It's a shame the mayor had to die like that, at the hands of the last mafia member.

Nobody really wants to clean it, or look at it, for that matter. It's been there since last night. Everybody kind of just wants to leave it alone and go do something else.

Before everyone heads out, three balloons float out of the Hell Pit: one adorned with a snake, one with a chicken, and one with a Keldeo. The balloons float off into the sky, and are enveloped with a godly light, before disappearing.

A new day has begun, and with that, a new start for the small little town.

The town has won. Vipera Magnifica has also won.
Setup information/night actions coming shortly.

Back
Top Bottom