• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

anyways uhhhh end of day is today, I think? time isn't real but I am pretty sure about that (the 8 pm est has unironically been a really useful point of time to look forward to

@Keldeo I saw you target tbh, care to explain that?? also uhh what are the votes at right now, all the recent nonsense has made things hard to follow

Vote History:
kyeugh voted kokorico (#1695)
storm voted Keldeo (#1708)
Mist1422 voted kokorico (#1726)
RedneckPhoenix voted kokorico (#1750)
Keldeo voted kokorico (#1768)

Active Votes (+ post numbers):

Vote Count:
kokorico (4): kyeugh (#1695), Mist1422 (#1726), RedneckPhoenix (#1750), Keldeo (#1768)
Keldeo (1): storm (#1708)
(Nonvoters: Despicable Meme, Vipera Magnifica, IndigoEmmy, kokorico, Trebek, tbh^2, Butterfree, JackPK, Seshas, Hydreigon25)

EoD in like. 7 hours

Sorry, my sense of urgency is like nonexistent right now because even if I get yeeted tomorrow I can still contribute or something in f3, so shrug haha.

I'm a treestump (I lose my vote and ability but can still talk after I die), my one-shot power is a limited medium that I used on tbh last night - basically I go to treestump school, where I learn accounting, botany, and what in the world the "deepwolf-punishing aspect of multiball" is, and I can tutor someone in being able to speak from the dead too. Mechanically, I can target someone alive and once they die, they can send a message to me in the following night phase, but it's limited somehow. Knowing Mawile, I don't know what this means but I assume it will be a time.

(cf. ~treestump-punishing aspect of multiball~)

I'm not that mechanically incompetent and I like... just ran a game where mafia got buried by a tracker result, if I were mafia with koko there's no way I would carry the kill last night instead of em. You can track me again tonight, storm, and I won't be going anywhere.

Any mafia who isn't Emmy today wins after two misyeets, so the agenda for them would be to widen the POE into probably including me as the easiest next misyeet and that is like... how basically everyone has been treating the tracker result, so meh I guess.

I'm not that mechanically incompetent and I like... just ran a game where mafia got buried by a tracker result, if I were mafia with koko there's no way I would carry the kill last night instead of em. You can track me again tonight, storm, and I won't be going anywhere.
That's

A fair point, actually

hihi day is over, vote count is here:

Vote History:

Active Votes (+ post numbers):

Vote Count:
kokorico (4): kyeugh (#1695), Mist1422 (#1726), RedneckPhoenix (#1750), Keldeo (#1768)
Keldeo (1): storm (#1708)
(Nonvoters: Despicable Meme, Vipera Magnifica, IndigoEmmy, kokorico, Trebek, tbh^2, Butterfree, JackPK, Seshas, Hydreigon25)

gimme like 15 minutes if you have things to correct and i will write Flavor

It would be nice to not get yeeted but I don't really think it matters, I should go over again the mechanical stuff that I'm clearing other people for but it's probably just koko/Emmy and Emmy's always dying before endgame here, so.

Boom bye scum etc.

End of Day 4

The town's discussion starts out strongly, but ends up tapering out over the course of the day.

The mayor is distracted playing modded Terraria on his computer next to the Hell Pit. The remaining villagers sort of fidget around a bit, not really talking, and not really putting in any more votes. They reluctantly hoist up the redchecked resident chicken, kokorico, and politely request eir house key, which e provides.

They toss the chicken into the Hell Pit while the mayor plays his game, and leave him to play. The townspeople shuffle over to kokorico's house, which is (of course) a large chicken coop, and unlock the front door.

Inside eir chicken coop is a desk housing a single laptop, frozen on eir browser screen, and Task Manager won't even open on it. Someone tries to reboot it, and the computer won't even turn off. Another person cautiously rifles through eir freezer, finding nothing but ice cream.

Most of the containers of ice cream are half-eaten, with spoons stuck in them. Weird, but okay.

Two people are about to pull the battery out of the laptop, when someone helpfully notices the tabs open on kokorico's screen. One of them says nothing more than "Mafia Chat [PRIVATE DO NOT READ]", which is generally agreed upon to be good evidence. It's unfortunate that the computer is frozen to the point where nobody can navigate over to that tab and click on it.

Someone pulls out the battery, and the laptop somehow doesn't turn off. It's not even plugged in, how does that work?

kokorico is dead. E was mafia.
Night 4 begins now, and will last 24 hours, until 5pm Pacific on August 1st/midnight UTC on August 2nd.

DAY 5

The morning is cold and the townspeople are bitter. Fog continues to roll in from the edges of the town, and it doesn't seem to stop. A cold wind rustles the leaves of the trees surrounding the square.

The mayor is chilled to his bones, trying to make the makeshift graveyard look decent. At this point, he's had to dig nine graves (some of which are filled with their belongings instead), and make nine signs to hammer in the ground above their final resting places. He doesn't want the townspeople to have to worry about doing it. He finishes nailing a photograph of kokorico to eir memorial sign, and carefully lays down a small bundle of flowers.

Nine graves, nine signs, nine sets of flowers, all in the span of less than a week. It's all too many. The fog seems to gather the most heavily around the graves, somehow.

He heads over to the Hell Pit and begins to warm his hands. Steam, light, and warmth continue to rise out of the Hell Pit, but he can't find any solace in its warmth. The people of his own town have used it to kill a number of their own, some justly and some unjustly. The unjustly ones always hurt the most.

The townspeople wake up on their own schedules, not having much sun to judge the time of day by. They all bundle up in thick coats and shuffle into the town square, one by one, to figure out the results of last night. Nobody says a word to one another. Nobody likes the morning head count.

The mayor pulls his hands away from the warmth of the Hell Pit to grab his megaphone. Out loud, he calls peoples' names and points to people, one by one.

Mistyx, Keldeo, storm, IndigoEmmy, and RedneckPhoenix. Five people remaining. Five out of fifteen.

The mayor closes his eyes for a brief second, and exhales slowly. He calls for kyeugh, in hopes that she's just now walking over, or that maybe he just can't see her in the fog. She never answers.

He leads the routine march over to the house of the dead, and everyone follows suit, huddling together for warmth. He gently pushes open her door.

She's found dead in her kitchen, still in her pajamas, and clutching a small book, now spattered with blood. She was beaten to death with a now bloodstained club, gently placed down next to her. Someone gently prys the book out of her hands, and the cover reads "Dream Journal". Scraps of paper fall out from inside it, but they're all nonsensical dreams and records of what time she woke up each day. Inside the journal is the same.

Nothing incriminating is found in her home, and the townspeople leave her be. The mayor silently makes plans to dig her grave later.

Day 5 has begun. kyeugh has died. She was not mafia.
Day 5 will end in 48 hours, at 5pm Pacific on August 3rd and midnight UTC on August 4th.

mafia i hope you didn't get rid of kyeugh expecting me to stop caring about the game because honestly i'm taking it as my fucking quest to win this game for the town

Back
Top Bottom