• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park (v 3.0)

Because (a) that would make them ridiculously short-lived, and (b) the fact that ice-types can survive in hot environments supports the idea that Pokémon don't melt.
Houndour Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Dawn Stone, Klinklang, Black Belt, Black Belt, Lucario (Male), Vanilluxe (Female), Charcoal, Steel Gem, Picture of a Weavile, Krookodile (Male), Rock Gem, Golurk, Bastiodon (Male), Black Belt, Conkeldurr (Male), Bug Gem, Electric Gem, Hawlucha (Male), Zoroark (Male), Psychic Gem, Hippopotas (Shiny) (Male), Charcoal, Charcoal, Poison Gem, Darmanitan (Male), Goodra (Female), Charcoal, Monferno (Male), Noivern (Female), Picture of an Excadrill, Fighting Gem
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 35990
Partner Pokémon: Golem

Nah.

And the flame is a ghost flame, so it probably doesn't actually burn. If it did, the litwick death rate would be a lot higher. Also, what ice types can survive in hot environments?

Last edited:
All of them? In games and anime alike, I've never seen an ice-type suffer from environmental heat. If nothing else, Ash's Glalie suffers no ill effects from being in temperate areas and/or exposed to fire-type attacks, never so much as dripping, despite the Pokémon-Amie suggesting that the white parts are made of solid ice.
Marowak Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Ferroseed (Male), Hippopotas (Female), Snorunt (Male), Aerodactyl (Male)
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 1650
Partner Pokémon: Nosepass

It probably maintains a steady internal temperature somewhere in the -200s or something, so that it can adapt to its environment like us. Now that I think about it, this probably applies to most, if not all Pokémon. Aside from that, ice can be REALLY thick, like in the case of the poles and glaciers, so that could apply to glalie as well. When the ice is worn down enough, it freezes moisture in the air so to keep its armor... But I'm just speculating here.

If the Charmander line is in danger of dying in the rain, I think it makes sense that say Cryogonal is in danger of melting

Stryke
Sure, thick enough ice can remain mostly intact for a long time, but not even dripping? If it was vulnerable to melting, there would be some sign.
Croagunk
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x2, Ferroseed (Male), Hippopotas (Female), Snorunt (Male), Aerodactyl (Male)
Total Points: 1695

Wargle
Mankey Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Balls x1, Zweilous (Male), Alakazam (Male), Hariyama (Male), Dawn Stone, Klinklang, Black Belt, Black Belt, Lucario (Male), Vanilluxe (Female), Charcoal, Steel Gem, Picture of a Weavile, Krookodile (Male), Rock Gem, Golurk, Bastiodon (Male), Black Belt, Conkeldurr (Male), Bug Gem, Electric Gem, Hawlucha (Male), Zoroark (Male), Psychic Gem, Hippopotas (Shiny) (Male), Charcoal, Charcoal, Poison Gem, Darmanitan (Male), Goodra (Female), Charcoal, Monferno (Male), Noivern (Female), Picture of an Excadrill, Fighting Gem
Total Points: 35990

It did say in the pokedex that it wears an "armor" of ice. An armor of ice. Maybe it's tougher ice than we think. Like I said, maybe it has a very cold internal temperature, so that could be holding it.

Stryke
No toughness of ice is sufficient to weather moderate temperatures for extended periods without at least some melting. It could be that it's using whatever process is involved in attacks like Ice Beam to generate cold, though.
Hippopotas
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1740

Wargle
I think I saw an extra pixel in one of the games once. In the darkness around a house in Opelucid City or something like that.
Tyrogue
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 36035

Last edited:
Bonsly Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1785

Wargle
Right. Because that's the only glitch in Black and White.
Stunky Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 36080

Stryke
Steelix-f
[Catch / Ignore]?
Points for Encounter: 60
Total Points: 1845

Ah, the days of invisible cabinets and walking through rocks...

Also catch.

(By the way, my partner pokemon is a probopass now)

I have actually never encountered a glitch in a Pokemon game. Ever. Which is a lot better than other developers (whose french name I won't say)

Stryke
Yeah, that happened after I posted that.
Yamask Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1890
Partner Pokémon: Probopass

Wargle
Abra Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 36125

Stryke
Helioptile Female
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 1935
Partner Pokémon: Probopass

Wargle
Golem Male
[Catch / Ignore]?
Points for Encounter: 90
Total Points: 36215

Back
Top Bottom