• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ParaBob-Omb vs Darksong

Scyther

i write erotic novels. for children.
4vs4 single
Style: Don't Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Splash (Because I don't want to cheat.)
Arena: The River
The river is a river in the middle of a grassy plain. The river is calm and hardly moves. There are two rocks in the middle of the river for some Pokemon to stand on.
Other: There is a 5% chance that the river may start moving quickly, sweeping away Pokemon that are in it.

Pokemon may drink water to regain 5% energy, but doing this makes them vulnerable to attacks.

Darksong's Active Squad said:
[Bang] Bronzor (Genderless)
Ability: Heatproof

[Cicada] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Swarm

[Kyu] East Shellos (Male)
Ability: Storm Drain

[Dysalia] Girafarig (Female)
Ability: Early Bird

ParaBob-Omb's Active Squad said:
Treecko (M)
Ability: Overgrow

Kecleon (M)
Ability: Color Change

Magikarp (M)
Ability: Swift Swim

Swinub (M)
Ability: Snowcloak

Hey, y'all, welcome to my first reffing. By luck of the draw:

ParaBob-Omb sends out.
Darksong sends out and attacks.
ParaBob-Omb attacks.

Good luck, to the both of you.

Okay, then. After a bit of arguing with myself, I'm deciding to send out Dysania.

Let's go, Girafarig, and take advantage of this thing. ~ First, start out with Guard Swap so you can give it your low defenses in return for its high ones, especially Special Defense. Then set up a Reflect to make up for the lower Defense, and finish off with Double Kick to set up for the next turn... mwahahahaha! *insert Envy-style evil laugh here*

Guard Swap ~ Reflect ~ Double Kick

The referee sat on the ground idly playing with the lush green grass, waiting for any sign from his contestents. He tried to just focus on the slow gurgling of the small stream beside him, though a stray thought such as C'mon, get here all ready, I want my monies! couldn't help but pass through his mind now and again. Finnaly, the faint sound of footsteps and bored chatter enterted his eardrums, and he looked up. Oh, Darksong, and that new kid, ParaBob-Ohm.

A few wry memories streaked across the referee's mind as he stood up with a red flag, namely his first battle (which happened to be against Darksong). He stifled a laugh when he thought of the physics-defying Squirtle that could somehow summon an Earthquake, and that Cincada-scyther-thing with a sassy nature he managed to put into a rage. But no, this was not the time for internally remenising, this was the time for destroying a serene place a Pokemon battle!

ParaBob-Omb twirled the Pokeball on his finger stylishly before throwing it into the arena. A glowing white blob of energy morphed into the reconizable shape of Kecleon, which soon got pastelled in with distictive colors and markings. He darted his eyes around a few times before lashing out his tounge to catch a fly that flitted about, then he layed to down to absorb as much sunlight as he could, and also to take in his surrondings.

Darksong, using an underhand throw, tossed her red and white sphere in front of her. Materializing now was a girrafe-horse hybrid, with a pure black backside with another faced that poked out of her tail. After spotting her opponent lying in the grass, which against what one would think was extremely easy to find due to the tropical colors, Dysania began to graze on the grass, the back head mimicking her movements presicely.

ParaBob-Omb:
Kecleon
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: His blood is beginning to warm up, and he is now is rearing for a battle.

Darksong:
Girafarig
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Glad for the snack, and now is quitley awaiting her trainer's orders.

As soon as the trainers issued their orders, Dysania wasted no time in closing her eyes and focusing on her and her oppenets defenses (though her opposite head stayed quite awake, creepy smile and all). She thought about the pain she was best at enduring, and the knowladge that she had about Kecleon, and suddenly imagined her having Kecleon's defenses and vice versa. To no avail, apparently, as nothing at all happened. Obviously her trainer has to know what she was commanding, so she focused harder, unaware of futality of her actions.

Kecleon stood on the other side of the stage, watching her opponent closely. He wasn't sure, what exacley was Dysania doing? He listed the attacks he knew girafarig could learn in his head, and this didn't match any of them. Psychic, maybe? No, then she would have a purple aura. Should he just rush foward and hit her aside the and hope to surprise her? But what if this was a ruse? Sighing, he glanced an apologetic glance at his trainer and began to channel bug energy through his arm.

After a few more moments of trying and failing, Dysania just gave up with an internal Screw this. *As she opened her eyes, she was greeted with a smack across the face by an arm aglow with an Irish green color. While the hit was quite timid, it still did hurt with the type advantage and all, and Dysania knew that a hit like was usually followed by another of greater streangth. Not wanting any serious damage, she and her backside began breathing out psychic energy until a purple spherical veil covered them throroughly. Good, let's see him hurt me through that.

Kecleon stared at the shield respectfully, now secretly a bit proud of himself for hitting Dysania hard enough to make her want to put up a shield. The bug energy flowed into his arm as he ran foward with his stubby chameleon legs headfirst into the reflective sheild ready to swing his arm harder than before. However, he almost stopped completely as he dived into the girafarig's psychic haven, his momentum having quite a toll taken upon it. Nonetheless, Kecleon jumped up and hit his opponent across the face with a bit more courage than before.

Dysania, a bit irritated now, tried futilly to stomp Kecleon into the ground. When this didn't work, she flung her leg foward with the agility and grace of a fighting type and struck the chameleon twice, flinging it out of the shield.

Kecleon lay on the ground, body slowing turning from leaf green to concrete gray. He slowly got himself up and coughed twice, very hard, and his claw subconsiously flew up to to his mouth to cover it. As he looked back down, he observed a few red flecks on his claw that weren't there before.

ParaBob-Ohm:
Kecleon
Health: 88%
Energy: 94%

Darksong:
Girafarig
Health: 93%
Energy: 90%
Status: Generally content. Hoping nothing comes of her opponent's new fighting type.

Notes:
-Both of your first attacks failed. ParaBob-Ohm, sucker punch can only be used if the opponent is preparing a move that will hurt your Pokemon. Darksong, ASB doesn't run on stats, so a Pikachu would take as much damage as a Shuckle.

-Kecleon turned into a fighting type after being hit by Double Kick.

-I'm truely sorry for taking such a long time. Please forgive me, I'll try to go faster.

-I'm new. Alert me if you believe I've made any mistakes.

Last edited:
Oh, whoops. I was thinking of base stats. As in, swapping Dysania's base Defense and Special Defense with Kecleon. Oops.

So... do I attack first or does Parabob-Omb?

Kecleon, first jump on the rock! Then use Shadow Ball twice. If Girafirig tries to attack you, use Protect. But don't use Protect twice in a row.

Jump on rock/Protect ~ Shadow Ball/Protect ~ Shadow Ball/Protect

Okay, so first, while it stalls, you need to use Amnesia so you don't get caught with Shadow Ball. Then, to make it use Protect, attack with something that doesn't take much energy... how about Astonish? And then you need to use Stomp... and just hope he flinches! I had different plans, but it looks like they'll have to wait.

Amnesia ~ Astonish ~ Stomp

ParaBob-Omb:
Kecleon
Health: 88%
Energy: 94%

Darksong:
Girafarig
Energy: 90%
Status: Generally content. Hoping nothing comes of her opponent's new fighting type.

Kecleon wasted no time in following his trainer's orders. Quickly, the bipedal lizard darted across the grass and over to the stream, jumping over the gap between land and rock in one fluid motion. His gray color blended in perfectly with the gratnite island he was sitting on, he realized while he let the blood on his hands flow with the water.

Dysania stood hidden benaeth her transluctant veil, staring blankly at the sky. Wait, what was she doing again? Hm. Whatever she was trying to do, she felt stronger, almost as if invincable. Basking in this feeling, she slowly, ever so slowly, walked up to her opponent. He blinked at her blankly. Ha. He probably wasn't expecting a thing.

Except he was. As soon as Dysania made a sudden kicking movement, her legs covered in light purple, ghostly energy, Kecleon threw out his tounge and met the stopped the attack in its tracks, rendering the surprise attack harmless. (The referee couldn't help but think the whole idea of a chemeleon stopping a kick in midair with its tounge was rather comical, judging by his fits of laughter. The trainers just ignored him, watching the battle intently, though knowing secretly in their minds that their referee was crazy and probably homicidal and that they should probably kill him now while they still can.)

Kecleon, afraid that the ref's long rambly notes in parentheses might cause a break in the fourth wall, *quickly began to charge a sphere of ghostly energy in his mouth. Dysaina, knowing that her trainer desprately didn't want her to be hit, galloped foward across the grassy landscape, leaped across the stream, and began clattering her hooves loudly. Kecleon tried to keep charging his attack, however after being stomped upon a couple times, he disregarded this idea and tried to move. The ghostly sphere flickered in and out of sight until it existed only in ParaBob-Ombs wishful thinking.

Dysania stopped what she was doing and almost fell into the water. She stood with all four legs spread out, trying hard to balance. Kecleon was beneath her, wondering if he should tickle her underside with a Pidgey feather that layed beside him. Before he could do so, however, he coughed very violently a couple times, and tiny spots of crimson flecked the rock. He looked at it, discusted, as his body color slowly changed back to its original state.

ParaBob-Omb:
Kecleon
Health: 80%
Energy: 89%
Status: Not understanding; aren't Pokemon supposed to get painful injuries later in the battle?

Darksong:
Girafarig
Energy: 80%
Status: A bit winded, but otherwise feeling pretty darn good. Trying hard not to lose to lose her balance.

-Special Defense is up two levels
-Energy Ball is forgotten
-Reflect up for one more round

Notes:

-Sorry guys, boring orders makes for either a short reffing or a drawn out boring one. :P

-You were lucky Darksong; that stomp did roll a flinch. Thus, Shadow Ball failed.

-After the Stomp attack, Keckleon returned to the normal type.

-Astonish was protected against.

-Amnesia made Dysania forget the move Energy Ball.

-ParaBob-Omb, if your strategy is what I think it is, you rock so much.

I'm afraid that I've forgotten to take my confidance candy today. Do speak up.

Unless special circumstances apply, whoever attacked second last round attacks first in the next round--that would mean you, Darksong. Still, it is generally helpful for refs to remember to add that to their reffings.

And fyi... not that it seems to have affected anything this round since Kecleon flinched, but shadow ball cannot possibly affect a girafarig anyway. It's part normal-type and is immune to ghost moves. Figured I should point that out now before a "successful" shadow ball was allowed to happen.

Oh. Thanks, I'll remember that.

Uh... Okay, Dysania. I'll restart this. Let's... leap at this thing before it leaps at you. First, we'll start off with Attract. Follow up with Double Kick, and then launch a Psychic.

Attract ~ Double Kick ~ Psychic

Kecleon, Protect yourself from Attract. Next, use your own Attract. Then, use Sucker Punch to stop that freakish giraffe from using Psychic.

Protect ~ Attract ~ Sucker Punch

And fyi... not that it seems to have affected anything this round since Kecleon flinched, but shadow ball cannot possibly affect a girafarig anyway. It's part normal-type and is immune to ghost moves. Figured I should point that out now before a "successful" shadow ball was allowed to happen.

Haha, that's the part I thought Perry was deriving a strategy from. You probably just ruined it >:-(

ParaBob-Omb:
Kecleon
Energy: 89%
Status: Not understanding; aren't Pokemon supposed to get painful injuries later in the battle?

Darksong:
Girafarig
Energy: 80%
Status: A bit winded, but otherwise feeling pretty darn good. Trying hard not to lose to lose her balance.

Dysania quickly took an ungraceful leap off of the granite, hooves flying every which way in the air, before finding damp grass. Her back horseshoe fell briefly into the water, but she pulled it out quickly, shook it, and began to think of some great compliments for her next attack.

"Hey there," the girrafe said, trying to make her voice sexy. The chameleon didn't hear this, however, as an invisible, invincible forcefield surrouneded him, blocking out all sound. He watched, chuckling quietly, as his opponent pranced about, proudly displaying her long neck and long legs, and silently remarked that there was no way that that shriveled up thing she called a head could even be remotely attractive. In fact, Kecleon didn't even noticel the psychic prodding at his mind, a last ditch effort of arousing sensual images. Finnally, Dysania lowered her head and walked away shamefully, and Kecleon took this at his cue to surface some lustful feelings.

He lowered his head and opened his mouth, though only barely. Dysania, embarresement beginning to ebb away, figured that now would be the time to use her next attack. And crap, was he about to charge another Shadow Ball? The Girafarig began to run foward, but too late, her opponent's mouth was opening larger, and something almost invisable was flying towards her. Crap, crap, crap...

Wait. Was that her... tounge? The breif idea of running away and ripping the muscle from its socket was abandoned as the chameleon winked at her and she leapt off the rock, slowly retracting the tounge. Claws soon stroked her fur, so relaxing, so...

No, no, no. He was just trying to manipulate her. But as her underbelly was softly rubbed, this notion became more and more unbelievable until it seemed impossible together. Finnaly, Dysania gave into the tiny voice in the back of her head that murmered, That tounge could be used for more than catching flies...

Kecleon stepped out from underneath her opponent, and he giggled as he saw the back and front end of the girrafe fighting to look at him. Despecible, but right where he, and more importantly, his trainer, wanted her. But then... a flaw in the strategy. How could he surprise attack her, to interrupt her move, if she wasn't using one? (Which obviously she wasn't, judging by the longing stare and the way she locked her lips.)

He awkwardly tried to stare back, to keep the facade going, but ended up getting to creeped out by the way the back end was mimicing chomping something. As a result, he just tried to strut around while avoiding any looking at Dysania. She accepted this, and if the hormones rushing through her body were any clue, really wanted more.

Almost as if on cue, strange, reptillian coughing fits sounded. The sphere around Dysania flickered and then disappeared. Why would she need it anyway?

ParaBob-Omb:
Kecleon
Energy: 83%

Darksong:
Girafarig
Energy: 77%

-Special Defense is up two levels.
-Energy Ball is forgotten.
-Attracted.
-Light Screen faded.

Referee's Notes
-Rolled a 48 and a 32. Sorry, Darksong.
-Sucker Punch failed. Once again, the opponent needs to attack. (You do know about conditionals, right?)
-I had fun writing Attract. Could 'ya tell?
-Perry attacks first, Darksong, you follow. I'll be reffing.

Last edited:
Okay Kecleon, let's do this! Use Fury Cutter thrice! If she somehow manages to attack you, use Protect. Don't use Protect twice in a row!

Fury Cutter/Protect ~ Fury Cutter/Protect ~ Fury Cutter/Protect

Back
Top Bottom