• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

pathos vs Crazy Linoone

1. Luftballon

Banned
Pronoun
it
3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing
Arena: Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier’s Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden. Maps of the general area can be found on this page.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta’s rules… or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won’t add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

As an example of how scoring works: Trainer A sends out a Treecko and Trainer B sends out a Turtwig. Treecko and Turtwig battle for three rounds; Treecko finishes with 64% HP and 72% energy and Turtwig finishes with 71% HP and 59% energy. Treecko has also been poisoned by Toxic. Both Pokémon stop battling and so their scores would look like this: Turtwig (71H + 59E = 130), Treecko (64H + 72E – 15 [poison] = 121). Therefore, Trainer B (Turtwig’s trainer) would have the lead with 130 points over 121.

As far as TCoDASB battles are concerned, experience is determined like this: all Pokémon get the usual 1 experience point for being sent into battle, and if one Pokémon actually knocks another out it will get the 1 experience point as normal. If neither Pokémon faints at the end of three rounds, the one with the lower score (Treecko in the above example) is considered knocked out for the purposes of experience, so Turtwig would get the extra 1
exp.

yes, shai, I insist.

(psst, linoone: if it's a name you don't recognize, it's probably the other one.)

--

Whivit's active squad:

[Syler] Golbat (m) <Inner Focus> @ Black Sludge 3
[Dwight] Poliwag (m) <Water Absorb> @ Lucky Egg
[Tye] Clefairy (m) <Magic Guard> @ Moon Stone
[Allitersonance] Abra (m) <Synchronize> @ Lum Berry 1
[Kramer] Slowpoke (m) <Own Tempo> @ King's Rock
[Shawn] Eelektrik (f) <Levitate> @ Thunderstone
[Quinn] Snorunt (f) <Ice Body> @ Dawn Stone
[Guster] Growlithe (m) <Intimidate> @ Fire Stone
[River Tam] Sneasel (f) <Inner Focus> @ Razor Claw
[Vite] Machop (f) <Guts> @ Lucky Egg

--

Crazy Linoone's active squad:

[Riley] Lucario (m) <Inner Focus>
[Heinkel] Gabite (f) <Sand Veil> @ Expert Belt 4
[Kwak'wala] Xatu (f) <Synchronize>
[Death Canon] Porygon2 (u) <Download> @ Dubious Disc 3
[Totally a Creeper] Lileep (m) <Suction Cups> @ Big Root {body: But I Just Happened to Like Little Children! It's Not Suspicious at All!}
[Ride] Shroomish (m) <Effect Spore> @ Eviolite
[Faraday] Murkrow (f) <Super Luck> @ Dusk Stone
[Blimp] Wailmer (m) <Oblivious>
[Drifloon] Drifloon (m) <Unburden>

--

Pentimento sends, Crazy Linoone sends and commands, higgs boson commands, we ref and brain bleach.

Bluh bluh bluh forgot to give my team hold items, whatever

And my lileep is not a creeper :(

Anyhow, Riley needs EXP for the purposes of beating things up. Let's go~

Anyhow, it's for certain that the Sneasel is going to try to freeze you. If, at any time, you find yourself frozen, Blaze Kick so you can melt the ice with the flames. Attract back until it works if you find yourself Attracted (although I really don't want another Attract battle happening), since you might as well as earn that Sneasel's good will if you somehow find yourself smitten by her.

If none of the above applies, Aura Sphere. If you're attracted, you can impress the sneasel with these shiny lights of coolness and awesome.

Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere ~ Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere ~ Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere

incidentally, it occurs to me that if a pokémon is, say, burned and then frozen, that's a -15 to points. just being frozen would be -20. er.

Okay! Let's see what we can do here, River. Start with a Swagger, just... to screw things up. Then I want you to make your way around Riley. Like, behind him. And climb on him. If you need to, use Low Sweep to get him off his feet - either way I want him down and you standing on him. If this doesn't take an entire action (which is unlikely but), in which case I'd assume you're just on top of him but he's not on the ground, or he's on the ground and you're still on top of him, either way just hit him with a Dynamicpunch. If it takes two actions to get him down, Dynamicpunch to the back will probably do it; unless you already hit him with that, then Brick Break instead.

If he doesn't end up on the ground and you're just straddling his back, just focus on hitting him. Preferably in the skull or neck area. That'll be nice for his confusion.

Swagger ~ Low Sweep / Dynamicpunch ~ Dynamicpunch / Brick Break

shai: 1/2

Health 100%, Energy 100%.
Condition: Now, how does this work?
Commands: Swagger ~ Low Sweep / Dynamicpunch ~ Dynamicpunch / Brick Break

Crazy Linoone: 1/2

Condition: Nice building.
Commands: Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere ~ Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere ~ Blaze Kick/Attract/Aura Sphere

Round 1

See, the thing you have to remember about battling is that you do have to make sure your referee gets there on time. Because if not, there is no battle, and that's no fun for anyone, is it? It sure took res a long time to get to the battle -- the battlers are beginning to call for a substitute by the time it falls out of the sky onto the battlefield in a wailmer, leaving a small crater in the ground. And then it walks out of the wailmer and realizes the trainers have already given their commands ("It's been a month") and motions for the round to begin.

The somewhat-mad (in multiple senses) trainer has sent out a sneasel which, by now, is itching for the fight to begin; the other, somewhat-mad (in fewer senses, but moreso) beret-wearing trainer's lucario has simply been meditating; but now it is alert, and waiting for the sneasel to take initiative.

Which the sneasel does (no, not in that sense -- get your brain out of the gutter, I already reserved that space), by strutting around and bragging, loudly. The lucario does not seem particularly concerned; it simply stands up, seemingly not reacting to the sneasel's actions -- and then it shoots a ball of brilliant energy at the sneasel, which explodes on contact and gets the sneasel's attention, mainly because ow, that hurts.

Now the sneasel jumps at the lucario, trying to get on top of it (no, really, get your brain out of the gutter -- I have tickets). When this doesn't quite work and the lucario simply shakes the sneasel off, the sneasel attempts to trip the lucario, and it falls over; the sneasel, triumphant, jumps on top of its body and does something of a victory dance -- and then the lucario blasts it with another ball of energy, knocking it over, though still on top of the lucario in an ... inappropriate position. (Didn't I tell you to get that brain out of the gutter already?)

No, this is not a horribly inconvenient position for the sneasel, who twists around, charging its left fist, and delivers a punch which would, if this weren't a pokémon battle, probably be overkill. Since it is a pokémon battle, it simply leaves the lucario ... decidely unwell. This does not really prevent it from shooting another one of its balls -- it goes off in entirely the wrong direction, and would, under more realistic physics, have simply gone elsewhere entirely (not that the balls should have existed in the first place -- also what did I tell you about brains and gutters?); but because here in Asber we tell the laws of physics to sit up and shut down on a regular basis, the lucario's ball simply turns around in mid-air and whacks sneasel on the head.

higgs boson: 1/2

Health 50% (cap), Energy 84%; -1 spe.
Condition: Can I get a Band-Aid™ brand adhesive bandage?
Executed: Swagger ~ Low Sweep ~ Dynamicpunch

Health 72%, Energy 88%; confused (moderate).
Condition: These are not "shiny lights of coolness and awesome."
Executed: Aura Sphere ~ Aura Sphere ~ Aura Sphere

Notes
  • swagger misses, regardless of what I may have said earlier, because I lost my notes.
  • dynamicpunch hits. this is notable. (mind that I gave it an "I'll just let it hit on 6-10, too, because it's got to be pretty difficult to miss something you're sitting on" -- although it rolled a 17 anyway, so.)
  • you're all mad.

Whivit commands first for round 2.

Last edited:
Hm. Aim a close-range blizzard at the lucario's head. Focus it on freezing rather than doing damage, if you can. I don't know if a blaze kick would uh, melt ice that's encasing a pokemon's head... uh... if the blizzard manages to freeze it anyhow. Then, because I'm feeling asshatty, attract, and then brick break.

If lucario is protect/detect/shielding itself from your attack, subsitute for 10% of your health on the first action, swords dance on the second and third. Also on the third action, if lucario is not attracted yet, attract him then.

Blizzard / Substitute (10%) ~ Brick Break / Attract / Swords Dance ~ Brick Break / Attract / Swords Dance

Agility to dodge the Blizzard or at least move around fast enough so you won't get frozen, then, since you should be faster now, Dig (down) to avoid the Attracts coming your way and also to poke some holes in that beautiful turf we're battling on here. Shut your eyes and cover your ears so you don't hear the sneasel saying whatever. Sing loudly to yourself if you need to.

Finish off with an Aura Sphere from your tunnel because you don't need to aim.

Agility ~ Dig (down) ~ Aura Sphere

Whivit: 1/2

Health 50% (cap), Energy 84%.
Condition: Can I get a Band-Aid™ brand adhesive bandage?
Commands: Blizzard / Substitute (10%) ~ Brick Break / Attract / Swords Dance ~ Brick Break / Attract / Swords Dance

Health 72%, Energy 88%; confused (moderate).
Condition: These are not "shiny lights of coolness and awesome."
Commands: Agility ~ Dig (down) ~ Aura Sphere

Round 2

Once the action of the previous round subsides, the clearly-insane pervert cackles madly, then screams its commands at the sneasel. The other trainer approaches the referee with a few concerned questions; upon receiving an answer, it walks back to its side of the battlefield, and thinks for a moment. At this point, the first and more obviously insane trainer beckons to the referee; then, seeing that the referee has no intention of moving, walks up and hits the referee.

Upon waking up, the referee is understandably displeased; but, being apparently still alive, simply waits for the other trainer to give commands. After a while, it becomes clear that the commands have already been given from the impatience of both of the pokémon, and the referee instead motions for the round to begin.

The sneasel is quick to somehow disregard physics entirely and deposit far more water from the air than there should have been and shape it into a small, localized snowstorm with which to blast the head of the lucario (which it still sits on). Quite unfortunately for it, the lucario somehow manages to squirm out from under the sneasel, and then run off, improbably quickly, in circles around the sneasel, working its muscles in an effort to improve its speed and and in hopes of being able to react quickly enough to avoid the sneasel's attack.

It it, of course, quite difficult to dodge a storm, even a small one; and with the sneasel directing it, the storm manages to be just in the way of the lucario as it runs at top speed; the lucario crashes through the snow and ice, emerging with a face full of water crystals, to the sneasel's amusement.

The lucario is only slightly accelerated by crashing through snow and ice, and simply continues running -- then, it suddenly stops and smashes its face against the ground, removing most of what remains of the solid water on its face, and tunnels deep into the ground to avoid the sneasel.

The sneasel, happy to have an excuse to show off its claw skill instead of embarassing itself in front of this audience, begins to twirl around, working itself into a battle trance. When the lucario still does not reappear, it continues its demonstration, though it begins showing its impatience -- although it would much rather continue to demonstrate its murdering-while-maintaining-plausible-deniability skill, it recognizes that, without further beating in the lucario's face, it is quite likely that, by the match's rules, it will be disqualified despite clearly being the better combatant.

The lucario, meanwhile, is rather less concerned with the possible outcomes of the battle, and more with this headache que no se lo -- which just wouldn't go away. It recalled that should have been shooting more of its balls at the sneasel above; but its headache had started being particularly terrible when it had started digging, and it just wouldn't go away -- it still won't go away -- but the lucario keeps digging, without paying much attention to the surroundings, and manages to whack its head against the foundation some building.

Above ground -- the onlookers are somewhat horrified to see the Battle Arena collapsing; one of the trainers cackles madly, while the other looks around for a way out of the area in case the crowd tries to mob the battlers; and the referee mutters something about Asberian respect for safety regulations and proper standards of building design.

Pentimento: 1/2

Health 50%, Energy 74%; +4 atk.
Condition: What the hell happened to honor? Coward.
Executed: Blizzard ~ Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance

Health 59%, Energy 80%; confused (mild), +1 spe.
Condition: Ooo, not shiny!
Commands: Agility ~ Dig (down) ~ fail @ self

Notes
  • speed order: sneasel (115) and +1 lucario (115)
  • my experimental speed scale (which you two will be the guinea pigs for, just because you ordered attract) varies speed boost based on base speed. have fun with conditionals for the speed tie!
  • speed from agility apparently decays extra quickly -- so, as of the end of the round, it is +1.
  • is slightly difficult to dodge a blizzard at effectively point-blank range, I think you'll find.
  • lucario confusefail on action 3.

Crazy Linoone commands first for round 3.

Okay, I swear I already commanded but apparently not :\

Just shoot Aura Spheres out at the sneasel, since it's not like you have to aim. It'll die eventually. Make sure to shut your eyes, cover your ears, and ignore the sneasel completely while you're doing this so stupid things like Attract, Torment, and Swagger won't work. Also, try to stay on your feet this time. Sing loudly to yourself if you have to. If the sneasel is within punching range due to it jumping down your tunnel or whatever, Drain Punch (health) it once and Close Combat to finish it off. However, if it has subs, just stick to Aura Sphere-ing until it has no subs anymore, then Close Combat if it's within Close Combat range. If it's going to Counter your Drain Punch and Close Combat, Aura Sphere spam. Also, if it jumped down the tunnel and is about to Attract you, close your eyes, cover your ears, and Aura Sphere. On the last action, if the sneasel is still undead for whatever reason and you have nothing else to do, Aura Sphere.

If you are unable to hit the sneasel for any reason including but not limited to Protect, Detect, magic, hax, and command loopholes (Subs should be Killed On Sight) (use your aura-detecting skills to tell what the sneasel is doing), Chill.

Try to move about somewhat while you're doing this to warm up your muscles so you won't end up being frozen.

Aura Sphere/Drain Punch (health)/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Close Combat/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Chill/Close Combat

Hrm.

Dig down, but make it a different tunnel than the lucario has created. It may be able to shoot aura spheres up out of its tunnel to find you, but the aura spheres going out of its tunnel, up, and then back down your tunnel sounds a bit farfetched to me. It should be chilling, then; if it is, and you are not being hit, find lucario - but please please please wait as long as you can before attacking, until you're positive it's used all its attacks (or you will faint if that situation arises) and hit it with a dig + focus punch. If you are being hit or you won't be able to prepare focus punch without knowing ahead whether you'll be hit, dig + brick break instead - but still delay it as much as possible. Also, if you cannot combo dig/focus punch/brick break, chill on the second action and just hit with dig.

Dig ~ (Chill ~) Dig + Focus Punch/Brick Break

pootos: 1/3

Commands: Dig ~ (Chill ~) Dig + Focus Punch/Brick Break

Crazy Linoone: 1/3

Commands: Aura Sphere/Drain Punch (health)/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Close Combat/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Chill/Close Combat

Round 2

There is some minor dispute about the interpretation of commands after the second round -- but eh, nobody wanted to press charges, so it all worked out just fine. Meanwhile, the nearby Battle Arena is tottering, which does not really help Asberians' reputations in other regions. But never mind that.

For a moment, neither trainer gives commands. It takes quite a while for the slightly-insane beret-wearing one to realize that it ... hasn't given commands. Once that one has finished, the other one quickly gives its commands, and everyone waits patiently for the referee to stop being distracted by arena damage, glorious arena damage!

As soon as the referee gives the signal to begin, a glowing ball of energy is ejected from the hole in the ground (although you have to wonder how the lucario knew when to start -- very suspicious!), which rises in the air, and then bops the sneasel on the head. The sneasel is rather less than amused by this, but, seeing as there is no lucario to attack at the moment, smashes its faces against the ground, creating a ludicrously large hole -- in, as it happens, the direction directly opposite the lucario's hole. (This is all according to plan, we are told.)

The lucario, in its hole, has, of course, no way to know that the sneasel is no longer above ground, and shoots another one of its giant glowing balls. Of course, when it reaches the surface, there is no sneasel to hit ... but, simply to illogical, it goes and follows the sneasel down the hole (at which point the pervert smashes its fist against the air in the general direction of the referee, yelling something incomprehensible about farfetch'd and backing down.) and smashes into some dirt and dissipates. The sneasel considers its situation, and decides that, of the choices it was given, finding the lucario now and smashing its face in is probably the best option. Thus, it digs in that general direction, finds the damn lucario, sneaks up from behind it, and chop generally intended more for inanimate objects that for living targets ... but eh, it works well enough, so nobody cares.

The lucario is now right next to its intended target and this last ball of totally reasonable shinies at the sneasel. It hits, of course -- would be difficult for it not to.

Suddenly, the referee motions (above ground) for the round to end, and both pokémon vanish in a puff of logic, returning to the obviously insane trainers' balls. The referee and both of the trainers wonder at this for a moment -- and then, oh, right, end of round 3. Arena rules enforcement and all that. They set to work counting up the score, finding that the non-pervert is ever so slightly ahead.

The audience, meanwhile, having seen only two shiny balls and some people doing trivial math, gets rather bored. The pitchforks probably aren't a good sign, either.

nebuch (80): 1/3

Health 18%, Energy 62%; +4 atk.
Condition: *poof*
Executed: Dig (down) ~ Dig + Brick Break ~ nothing

Crazy Linoone (88): 1/3

Health 32%, Energy 66%; confused (light), +1 spe.
Executed: Aura Sphere ~ Aura Sphere (unworks) ~ Aura Sphere

Notes
  • lucario wins speed tie, lucario wins speed tie, sneasel wins speed tie.
  • note that new negrek-ruling says any combo must be executed immediately before the resting.

Hyde sends second and commands first for round 4. that is, Insane ex-Zigzagoon sends first. actually no don't will reinterpret this all eventually unless you two agree over this version.

Last edited:
pootos: 1/3

Commands: Dig ~ (Chill ~) Dig + Focus Punch/Brick Break

Crazy Linoone: 1/3

Commands: Aura Sphere/Drain Punch (health)/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Close Combat/Chill ~ Aura Sphere/Chill/Close Combat

Round 2

There is some minor dispute about the interpretation of commands after the second round -- but eh, nobody wanted to press charges, so it all worked out just fine. Meanwhile, the nearby Battle Arena is tottering, which does not really help Asberians' reputations in other regions. But never mind that.

For a moment, neither trainer gives commands. It takes quite a while for the slightly-insane beret-wearing one to realize that it ... hasn't given commands. Once that one has finished, the other one quickly gives its commands, and everyone waits patiently for the referee to stop being distracted by arena damage, glorious arena damage!

As soon as the referee gives the signal to begin, a glowing ball of energy is ejected from the hole in the ground (although you have to wonder how the lucario knew when to start -- very suspicious!), which rises in the air, and then bops the sneasel on the head. The sneasel is rather less than amused by this, but, seeing as there is no lucario to attack at the moment, smashes its faces against the ground, creating a ludicrously large hole -- in, as it happens, the direction directly opposite the lucario's hole. (This is all according to plan, we are told.)

The lucario, in its hole, has, of course, no way to know that the sneasel is no longer above ground, and shoots another one of its giant glowing balls. Of course, when it reaches the surface, there is no sneasel to hit ... but, simply to illogical, it goes and follows the sneasel down the hole (at which point the pervert smashes its fist against the air in the general direction of the referee, yelling something incomprehensible about farfetch'd and backing down.) and smashes into some dirt and dissipates. The sneasel considers its situation, and decides that, of the choices it was given, the only one that would actually work -- even make sense -- is to simply rest until it seems likely that the lucario has attacked again.

It isn't hard to tell when that happens, seeing as its glowing balls have a ridiculous tendency to illogick their way into the sneasel's new tunnel and make loud noises hitting things. At that signal, the sneasel decides that it's probably safe to move into the lucario's tunnel. It manages to pop out just above the lucario, and jump on it before it realizes that the sound of rocks crashing isn't just a figment of its imagination brought about by that horrible headache -- which seems to be lifting somewhat, actually, but isn't quite gone yet. Or, wasn't quite gone before the sneasel whacked it on the head, giving it a momentary sense of complete clarity ... until both pokémon vanish in a puff of logic, returning to the obviously insane trainers' balls.The referee is surprised for a moment -- and then realizes, oh, right, the end of round 3. Arena rules enforcement and all that.

The the referee sets to work counting up the score, taking ridiculously long to do what should really be trivial math. The audience, meanwhile, having seen only shiny balls and a building not collapsing and some trivial math, seems to get rather bored. The pitchforks probably aren't a good sign, either.

nebuch (108): 1/3

Health 28%, Energy 80%; +4 atk.
Executed: Dig (down) ~ Chill ~ Dig (up)

Crazy Linoone (108): 1/3

Health 43%, Energy 65%; +1 spe.
Executed: Aura Sphere ~ Aura Sphere (unworks) ~ Aura Sphere (unworks)

Notes
  • things I failed to account for the first time: confusion decay from damage. 16% is a large amount, I think.
  • because neither has a lower score and neither was a KO, I suppose I have an excuse to cheat both of you out of the exp.

Hyde sends second and commands first for round 4. that is, Insane ex-Zigzagoon sends first.

Much as I'd like to go for the obvious machop, I think I'll go with allitersonance.

Widdle, we outspeed 'em, so start off with a hypnosis if there's no protect/detect/fleeing going on. If it's asleep, focus punch twice. If you can't hypnosis on the first action, drain punch if you can hit, light screen if you can't for any reason barring substitutes. If it's not asleep, drain punch instead of focus punch; if you can't hit for any reason barring substitutes, calm mind instead.

ps: hover if necessary to hit, and you learn hypnosis via kratos's business.

Hypnosis / Drain punch / Light screen ~ Focus Punch / Drain Punch / Calm Mind x2

Since Magic Coat has priority, this means you're allowed to Magic Coat retroactively, making the abra unable to change its moves in time! Get yourself hit by that Hypnosis but Magic Coat it back -- synchronize doesn't pass sleep, so you're safe here. After that, Conversion to Ghost type via Shadow Ball so you can laugh in the face of the second Drain Punch. Since you're a Ghost type, Drain Punch can technically hit you--it just won't have any effect. Finish off with a nice Swagger just because.

idk too lazy to think of a better plan

Magic Coat ~ Conversion to Ghost Type via Shadow Ball ~ Swagger

poo: 2/3

[Allitersonance] Abra (m) <Synchronize> @ Lum Berry
Condition: Zzz.
Commands: Hypnosis / Drain punch / Light Screen ~ Focus Punch / Drain Punch / Calm Mind ~ Focus Punch / Drain Punch / Calm Mind

Crazy Linoone: 2/3

[Thanatos's Classics] porygon2 (u) <Download> @ Dubious Disc
Condition: Neutral.
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Conversion (Ghost [Shadow Ball]) ~ Swagger

Round 4

With the pokémon of the previous round recalled, the trainers each send out a new pokémon: the clearly-insane one, a red-and-blue duck thing (which, to anyone keeping up with recent advances in technology, is easily recognizable as the decade-old, but still well-supported and reasonably usable porygon2); the other clearly-insane one, a seemingly-sleeping abra. At some point, commands are giving, and the time-honored tradition of waiting ridiculous amounts of time for the referee is observed.

The referee seem to be missing. Off on business regarding the continued existence of Asber, supposedly -- but who cares about that? Soon, the insane trainer (er, the other insane trainer; no, the other other one, that one) runs off, citing similar cause.

The remaining trainer sets up camp to wait for everyone else to get back and for the next round to just start already. It takes another long while before it actually happens, of course, as is right and proper.

The abra, being somewhat faster than the public release of millenium technology, reacts first to the signal, opening its eyes to meet the gaze of the porygon -- no easy task, actually -- and then feeding psychic interference into its processing unit. Ideally, it would have caused core dump in something important, which would take time to recover from; but instead, the porygon merely takes on a reflective coating, which seems to reflect the abra's psychic signals back to their source. The abra momentarily considers that it might want to just go back to sleep, then realizes the cause of its drowsiness, and bites into the lum berry had been told to bring to battle.

So that attempt hadn't gone so well. And so the abra takes a different approach: it waddles over to the porygon, charging its fist with orange glow, and throws a punch. The porygon, only then reacting (perhaps it needs a hardware upgrade?), disintegrates its projection and reconstitutes itself, glowing with a grey-purple light as it does so.

The abra recognizes this as the porygon line's signature Conversion move, and rightly assumes that the grey-purple colouration of the light represents the ghost type. Recognizing the impossibility of hitting the porygon in this state with another punch, the abra sits down and attempts to meditate.

The porygon won't let it, however; it proudly flashes bright, potentially seizure-inducing light while hoviring right in front of the abra's eyes. Despite having closed its eyes, the abra is not immune to being annoyed those flashes -- after all, its eyelids are only so thick. In fact, it begins to feel unexplainable rage at the porygon -- exactly the intended effect of the porygon's pattern of light.

nebuch (108): 2/3

[Allitersonance] Abra (m) <Synchronize>
Health 100%, Energy 92%; confused (moderate), atk +2, spa +1, spd +1.
Condition: Somewhat awake.
Commands: Hypnosis ~ Drain Punch ~ Calm Mind

Crazy Linoone (108): 2/3someone

[Death Canon] porygon2 (u) <Download> @ Dubious Disc
Health 93%, Energy 88%; ghost-type.
Condition: Neutral.
Executed: Magic Coat ~ Conversion (Ghost [Shadow Ball]) ~ Swagger

Notes
  • speed order: abra 90, porigon2 60.

Crazy Linoone commands first for round 5.

by consent of all participants, this battle ends in a draw.

each of sneasel, lucario, abra, Death Canon the porygon2 gains 1 exp, each trainer gains $8, and I get a piddling $5.

Back
Top Bottom