• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

Forsee the change in village life
A task anew to mar the strife
If role and path are understood
Then alteration shan't make good

boy cryptic was an understatement wasn't it

anyway yeah. i think the flavor refers back to night 0's flavor which was talking about how many players were out there that were dark-aligned or capable of winning with the dark. with the knowledge that potentially 3rd parties exist that can win alongside one faction or the other, this flavor clue might either be a) a red herring (why would we be supposed to figure the game out from flavor idk idk) or b) point to there not being a poisoner, for a result of a reasonable 3 players darkaligned/capable of winning with dark as 3rd parties?

which is just like... then what the fuck did my first poem mean then. and how does any of this connect to the shelmet being tampered with? anyway.

"they were Fennekin" with no mention of alignment...

given that Fennekin was the viewpoint perspective in the D1/N1 posts as well, it feeeeeeeeels like that should mean town, but idk if that's just my gut telling me "main character = good"... perhaps since there was no notice of alignment, that could mean Novae was a 3p?

(eifie's voice cries out. "stop setup speccing")

M&F I hope you're feeling better and I look forward to hearing what you think of yesterDay's EOD!

@JackPK No worries about the "stop setup spec" thing, I was just having a bad day then

I am a bit confused why no one died yesterDay; there were votes cast and iirc Herbe had a slight majority?

That was not an expression of doubt - reread the thread and qenya, zm & herbe abstained

also @Zero Moment - I know you're Riolu.

Might as well stir the pot to see what happens lmao

good news guys? (i was kinda afraid of some kind of mega death orgy to make up the previous quiet night)

annoying that we don't get a flip though. like i said yesterday i don't think 3rd parties are likely. at first i was thinking the game was flipless but actually, based on this:
Forsee the change in village life
A task anew to mar the strife
If role and path are understood
Then alteration shan't make good
i'm wondering if "alteration" means there's a role that's fucking with the flips?

's funny, right. i'd expect zori to proofread poems with gusto. use proper spelling and such.

seems unlikely zori'd spell somethin' wrong, right? specially a word like "foresee". pretty uncommon, right? you'd wanna spell that right if you were gonna use it.

but i know someone who spells it "forsee". haven't corrected them yet, cuz it's cute. but...
View attachment Screenshot_20220927-073757_Telegram.jpg

ok so I know who the protagonist and sidekick are in game, however I do not know their alignments. I can choose to protect one of them each night, so if they get targeted by a kill action, I die instead.

Haven't used my ability yet since I don't know if either ZM or Novae are Light.

I'm buizel flavour wise

I feel like we're not going to get very far without a Mass Roleclaim tbh (I thiiink mf also floated this idea Some posts earlier?)

Yup, I am the Partner. On N0 I was asked to pick two characters from the list of PSMD starter pokemon, one of which would be assigned to me. I chose Fennekin and Riolu.
During D1 start I saw those names mentioned in the flavor, but I thought it was just flavor based on my choice. Turns out the Player was also in the game, and species chosen by me.

Dropping this here for general information:
I realized that this might not be intuitive for all situations, and that this could cause confusion or a different result happen than may be expected according to standard expectations.

Order of Operations:
Manipulative Actions (Roleblocks, Redirections, etc.)
Protective Actions (Doctors, etc.)
Miscellanea (Up to host discretion)
Killing Actions (Anything that kills people)
Investigative Actions (Anything that returns feedback to you)

All actions (with the exception of Manipulative Actions) are queued up to occur in a specific, predetermined order, and are then processed serially.
Passive abilities often take effect as soon as they are triggered and process immediately after the action that triggers them.

gonna set aside my pet theory that tampering is a cult like mechanic and place a random vote on someone who hasn't flavor claimed yet...

one dodgy website later -

View attachment IMG_20220927_220350.jpg

sorry qenya - this is a vote to try and get some info on what your flavour is and some info about the night actions you can perform

Back
Top Bottom