• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

explaining quickly if I can get this in under the buzzer. taking M&F's uncapitalized "wanderer" word and looking it up as a mafia role without checking whether it has a mystery dungeon flavor as well feels, to me, like possibly bad faith pushing

Night 2

1280x720.jpg

(I'm in class right now so I'll start night quickly then try to write flavor in a few hours when I have the time)

Herbe was executed. They were Jirachi.

Night 2 begins, and lasts 48 hours.
Day 3 will begin Friday, 19:00 UTC.

Another long day. This time, the curse's hold on the village was undeniable.
Riolu payed no attention to the lesson at school. Nobody blamed them for it.

A daydream.

(Why... why would you do that? You knew you shouldn't have gone off alone...)

They came to the town square, where the adults were huddled in a mass.
Roselia pressed a flower into Jirachi's chest. "Give me my child back."

Jirachi stammered. "Well, the thing is🎵--"

Roselia punched him in the face. "Give. Me. Back. My. Child."

Before Jirachi could do anything, Roselia extended a vine. In a flash, she started pinning Jirachi to the ground. The adults surrounded them with somber demeanors.
Riolu snapped out of their trance.

"Please, stop fighting!"

"They stole my child from me. They stole your best friend from you... why? Why do you want to stop me from killing him?"

"This isn't a solution. It'll only... make things worse... Why... why can't we trust each other?"

"Why, you--"
They sucker punched her in the gut, tears pouring from their eyes. They looked pleadingly into the sky as she slumped to the ground, unconscious. They picked Jirachi's limp body off the ground.

"Come on. We're going. We shouldn't be here right now."​

Day 3

Tree_of_Beginning.png

Another night of unrest.
Riolu lay on their back in the woods. A tear rolled down their cheek. The moon glistened above, the pre-dawn glow filtering through the canopy. They saw Jirachi gently stroke their forehead, but they had no strength to do anything but stare at the fading stars and clouds.

(Why... How... How... could they be so bad... conceal such darkness...)
(They're killing us all inside...)

A glowing smile tugged at the corner of their memory.

(Why... why did it have to be her...)

---

The sun shined high in the sky, burning their eyes. It seemed to burn so brightly...
The wind began to pick up, rustling the leaves around them and gathering the clouds. An ethereal glimmer... They jolted upright to see Pancham's ghostly face.

He smirked. "Heh, to think I'd be relying on you, of all people?" They tilted their head and flashed a smile back. Pancham's gaze turned somber as he turned to look them in the eyes. He put his hand on their shoulder. "Don't give up, got it? You know deep down that you carry the truth that could help us... These scarfs, huh. They're really something..."

They returned his gaze. "I will." They looked into each others' eyes for a few moments before they turned to glance around.

Pancham smiled. "Yeah, she's here. She's hardly left your side, even."

A ghostly Fennekin stood next to a nearby tree, slowly advancing towards them. Both of them broke into wide grins, and ran forward to hug each other.

"Remember... even during the darkest night... you'll always have a light to guide you."

---

Another night, another note found in the town square.
"Begin with 0. Add 1 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Buizel. Add 2 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Riolu. Add 4 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Ampharos."
The adults were continuously puzzled by these notes. They had no idea who they were coming from...

RedneckPhoenix has died. They were Pancham.
Jirachi's rolecard was tampered with.

Day 3 begins and will last 48 hours, unless a 24 hour extension is voted on.
Night 3 will likely begin Sunday, 19:00 UTC.

mine hasn't changed either

also qenya thanks for answering my question and so sorry I didn't come back to the thread (actually, sorry to everyone) - I came back to this thread after EOD fearing I'd accidentally started a wagon against you :')

Jack pk, if you feel like it wouldn't be dangerous to share, can you explain what your action changed from/to?

well, i can tell you mine certainly didn't! i was actually the oracle, always have been and still am. (so it's just as well herbe got corrected about their misapprehension that they were the oracle way back at the start of the game, otherwise i would have been gunning in completely the wrong direction, haha.)

first, i apologise for any confusion that arose from my questions getting published in the start-of-day flavour every day... i did my best to steer people away from the most incorrect interpretations but i think perhaps there might have been a couple of occasions when folks got distracted by irrelevancies. oh well i can clear everything up now.

as well as the normal restriction (questions have to relate to the pre-game setup, so i can't just ask what alignment or role a player is), i'm also restricted to questions answerable with a single digit (zero to nine). however it turned out to be a lot more exploitable than i think zori anticipated. i have been diligently softing them in my first post every day so here's the details...
How many players are either aligned with the Dark or capable of winning alongside the Dark?
pretty standard first question. as well as being helpful to get a handle on the difficulty of the game, this also suggested to me that there were zero third parties, because otherwise there would only be one slot left for actual mafia. so i tried to talk down that possibility when it came up.

during day 1 i realised that "a single digit" is another way of saying "3.3 bits of information", so i could basically finagle the question into being 3 yes-or-no questions every night. (sorry again zori.) so my second question was a lot more complex:
Begin with 0. Add 1 if there is a Light-aligned role that passively receives information each night in the form of poetry. Add 2 if there is a Light-aligned role with a night action that announces itself to its target and blocks killing actions performed by its target. Add 4 if there is a role that could reasonably be described as a poisoner. What is the result?
this was basically my way of trying to clear herbe and rnp since they had provided enough info about their rolecards that i could ask about the alignments of those instead, getting around the restriction. a negative result wouldn't necessarily have made them mafia; they might also have been lying (or mistaken) about the details of their roles, or maybe i might just have technically misphrased something. but in the event it transpired that they were indeed both telling the truth and both town (which i thought was the most likely outcome anyway, but always good to get a mechclear). it is slightly aggravating that both are now dead so there's not much benefit to having their alignments confirmed, but whatever.

as for the poisoner question, i'm not really sure where that leaves us. i think herbe was right about their first poem talking about something to do with nightkills, because the "good news" thing does seem like a reference to the "good news guys" meme, and "infectious stone" calls to mind the fact that Novae was "found petrified" after N1. but it seems poison was not the solution after all. and nothing else springs to mind.

i think i should probably apologise for how EoD2 turned out as well... to herbe in spectator chat, if nobody else. i knew MF was the correct wagon to stay on since i had a mechclear on herbe, but i panicked as the timer ticked down, and also i was kind of distracted since i was being a little bit rude to my D&D table by playing mafia here on the side (not that my attention was really needed, our ranger was doing a backstory exposition subplot for most of the session, but). i eventually ended up in the right place i guess but, well, you know how it turned out.

arguably i should have claimed there, to get everyone else off herbe's wagon, but i couldn't quite bring myself to put myself in the line of fire because i knew i could probably solve the game with my N2 question. that could very easily have been the wrong call, but... well, see for yourself:
Begin with 0. Add 1 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Buizel. Add 2 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Riolu. Add 4 if there is a Light-aligned role whose flavour is Ampharos.
the answer i got for this one was 4, which i think says pretty clearly that haneko and ZM have both got quite a lot of explaining to do. not much more to say really. it also neatly ties up that thing with haneko being able to confirm ZM's flavour yesterday... lovely bit of wolf theatre.

we have a whole 48 hours to vote so i'm quite open to being told there's something i've missed, but it's gonna have to be good because from where i'm standing this seems really quite unambiguous.

i am gonna plop myself on Zero Moment because i feel vaguely more threatened by him than by haneko, but we don't really know what either of their roles are/which might pose the most threat, so if there's another inforole floating around out there that could shed some light (Jack? MF?), it would be much appreciated.

it also neatly ties up that thing with haneko being able to confirm ZM's flavour yesterday... lovely bit of wolf theatre.

Your post was quite the infodump. @_@

My reaction to reading today's number puzzle thingy in the flavour was seeing myself be featured with the correct alignment and trying to decide whether or not to trust the flavour on the other two. (As I said earlier, I do not know the alignments of Novae or ZM. I only know they are Fennekin/Riolu).

Secondly, doesn't the normal oracle role involve Zori *answering* your questions rather than *asking you*? It's possible you may have made a mistake in the quotes, but if it's accurate, I'm not inclined to believe your takes on alignment any more than someone else's.

well yeah, oracles would be broken as fuck if they could freely double as cops, watchers, etc. why do you ask?

In a less accusatory tone, can you explain how exactly your oracle role works? I'm very confused about who is supplying the information on the setup here.

well yeah, oracles would be broken as fuck if they could freely double as cops, watchers, etc. why do you ask?
Ha-ha! Well then, your tea reading does not, in fact, contradict my claims! For you see, my flavor at the start of the game was not Riolu! My flavor was The Partner until I took a choice Night 0!

Back
Top Bottom