• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia - Super Mystery Dungeon

im curious how you guys liked the setup fwiw
its the first one ive designed in a long time and i think it turned out okay
i think the 10p one would have been better but
to give this some kind of answer... as much as i'm pleased with my performance, it did feel like there was slightly too much power on our team. my first attempt at my fake rolecard was pretty overpowered compared to the actual town roles because i was expecting everyone else to have multiple roles, like us. you could probably have nixed MF's roleswapping and my oracle definitely needed nerfing, a one-word answer is way too much information... there's a reason why it's usually just yes/no

just my initial spur-of-the-moment thoughts. maybe it would turn out different if you ran it a second time somewhere else

to give this some kind of answer... as much as i'm pleased with my performance, it did feel like there was slightly too much power on our team. my first attempt at my fake rolecard was pretty overpowered compared to the actual town roles because i was expecting everyone else to have multiple roles, like us. you could probably have nixed MF's roleswapping and my oracle definitely needed nerfing, a one-word answer is way too much information... there's a reason why it's usually just yes/no
i think town partially got unlucky
we had a roleblocker, doctor, and a player that could block poison by describing it
town could have easily blocked all your kills in another run if they found out the kill mechanism
which is why i put herbe's role in!
maybe i was too vague with it, idk

it was a quite swingy game for sure
the town's abilities were simple-ish but pretty powerful
the one thing i did notice is that it probably could have used another info role to balance all the kill manipulation roles they had

also replace the poison roleblock with a regular kill, i'd say

after 2 games in a row with them i can confidently say it is Not A Fun Role To Play With

thank you for the game zori!

thoughts:

- flavour was really good! it made me nostalgic for my time spent playing mystery dungeon. I think it was pretty much my favourite thing about this game.
- I think some of the hints towards the custom game mechanics (like how you mentioned there was a way for town to do kills) were too vague to be understood. basically agree with you on that
- role pms was often vague

I'd be down with some proper bastard mafia sometime tbh
as long as it's proper bastard and not kaizo "oops all terrorists" bastard

anyways. i'm writing my next game still. it's less bastard and more horrifying role madness, but still.

Back
Top Bottom