• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Fansite Badge Quest!

Bluwiikoon

All is fair in love and war
Pronoun
he/him
Hello everybuddy! I had a cute idea and was wondering if anybody else would be interested in participating ^^

I think it would be fun and cute if those of us with fansites had little challenges you could complete to get little badge images, for forum signatures and the like! The challenges could be quizzes, clue hunts, text adventures, or anything else interesting you could think of! Ideally the quest/search/challenges for the badges would be really fun and rewarding itself, since nothing can stop people from just nabbing the images from other peoples' signatures xD

I think with something like this it would really encourage more friendships and connections in the fansite community, and encourage more fun content :D I'd make a little hub page linking to every site that creates a badge challenge, of course! Because you gotta get as many badges as possible...!

If anyone else is interested in this, please let me know! As a preliminary baseline, do we think the badges should be 50x50 pixels?

I think this sounds very cute if we can get a few sites in on it! Are you thinking each site would just make their own badge however they like, or that there'd be some kind of unified style?

Hopefully we can achieve some kind of unified style, but if not, then that adds to the uniqueness of each site's badge :D Some kind of pixel art for each is what I'm currently thinking!

omg i forgot i had a pokemon site... on hiatus until fall probably? When and if i work on that again i will most definitely be apart of this!
No worries Indigo! :D It'll take everybody some time and effort to create the challenges regardless, so there's no rush! ^^

If anyone else is interested in this, please let me know! As a preliminary baseline, do we think the badges should be 50x50 pixels?
I was about to come in here like, "So, when do we start? What size should we be aiming for?" And then it was right there in the first post, whoops. 50x50 px seems like a decent size!

Yeah, I definitely got a little distracted! ^^ I think we have enough folks to make a good start on this!

Since it'll be all-new website games/challenges I think it'll naturally take some time for everyone to make the things, so we can use this as a discussion/testing/help hub as needed 😄 No rush imo because I know these pandemic times make it hard to be creative.

For my challenge, I've been thinking about a CYOA story with humourous flavor! If there's branching paths, I wonder if people would also enjoy some funny "you tried"-esque badges for the "failure" states in it ^^ It's rough planning stages of course, but I think I can do a good job!

Just got a brainwave for what I'd like to do for my little challenge. Unfortunately it's super ambitious and I haven't even had time to work on my site in ages due to other obligations, but... want to see if I can figure out a way to make this work!

Back
Top Bottom