• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Go - Strategy/Tips Discussion Thread

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
So what are your strategies and/or tips?

Here are mine:

- Only use power-ups on fully-evolved stuff.
- Incense is for parks and nowhere else.
- Power-ups go to the lowest CP fully-evolved Pokemon, unless there's no more candy.
- Always transfer every single weaker duplicate unless it's Eevee, in which case, start transferring from the fourth one onwards.

If you're going to evolve Pokémon, evolve them all at once and use a Lucky Egg while doing so. Also evolve a bunch of Pidgeys and Rattatas with all that extra candy you no doubt have. Each evolution gives you 500 XP, and with the Lucky Egg bonus that's 1000 XP. I once gained three levels in the space of 30 minutes just by going on an evolution spree like this.

Always use the 3-use incubators on the 10km eggs because then you can use your infinite-use one on the 2km ones without running out of uses before the 10km ones hatch.
Replace 10km or 2km with 5km above if you've run out of either of them.

Throwing curveballs is easy once you get the hang of it, and generally ends up being more accurate. Especially against strong pokémon at high levels, when straight throws start randomly curving out of the way - curveballs don't do that, and it ends up saving a lot of balls.

- Incense is for parks and nowhere else.

Actually, incense spawns Pokémon much more frequently when you're moving above a certain speed. I use it when I'm on the train home and get about a spawn a minute. I got a 1k CP Vaporeon once :O

If you're going to evolve Pokémon, evolve them all at once and use a Lucky Egg while doing so. Also evolve a bunch of Pidgeys and Rattatas with all that extra candy you no doubt have. Each evolution gives you 500 XP, and with the Lucky Egg bonus that's 1000 XP. I once gained three levels in the space of 30 minutes just by going on an evolution spree like this.

This is a good one. I haven't used any of my Lucky Eggs yet so right now I'm catching every Pidgey I see, so that one day I might have enough candies to evolve 100+ of them twice all at the same time.

There's plenty of not-common Pokémon I have which I don't have the evolved forms of yet, so once I have enough candies I'll wait until I go on my Pidgey spree to evolve them, too.

Back
Top Bottom