• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon In Need of Critiquing

Blue Aura

The Spider Under the Leaves
Pokémon In Need of Critiquing

I need some feedback on some of my (favorite) Pokémon that I have in SoulSilver. Here they are (notice they are all blue...awkward):

Lucario
Nature: Modest
Ability: Steadfast
Item: Expert Belt
Water Pulse
Psychic
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon

Lugia
Item: Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Aeroblast
Recover

Latios
Item: Soul Dew
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Empoleon
Item: Quick Claw
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Hydro Pump

I know I have a problem or two...Please speak up!

Re: Pokémon In Need of Critiquing

My debut of critiquing. :O

I need some feedback on some of my (favorite) Pokémon that I have in SoulSilver. Here they are (notice they are all blue...awkward):

Lucario
Water Pulse
Psychic
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon

The only thing I would change is the item. A Choice Scarf or Choice Band would be more useful

Lugia
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Aeroblast
Recover

Lugia? Special sweeper? Pfff. Lugia is better suited as a wall/staller, so switch Modest for Calm. Throw out Hydro Pump and Psychic/Aeroblast (I'd keep Aeroblast because it is just a stronger attack and still gets STAB, but you might prefer to keep Psychic instead.) Next, put either Toxic or Thunder Wave in one of the free slots and put Reflect/Light Screen in the other. Leftovers are good.

Latios
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Soul Dew Latios is banned in competitive battling. Overall it looks good, but replace Soul Dew with a Choice Scarf/Band, unless Soul Dew Latios aren't banned where you're fighting.

Empoleon
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Hydro Pump

Quick Claw is a "hax item" to most and is therefore banned. Replace with a Choice Band. And Surf might be a better idea, just so a missed attack doesn't cause you to fail.

Anothes thing is that you don't have a single physical sweeper! If you come up against a Blissey, you've got no one to throw in! I suggest you put one in, just so special walls don't kill you. :P

Err...I was just checking the potential for these Pokémon, not putting them in a match all together. I'm not that crazy... :blank:

Lucario
Water Pulse
Psychic
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon

water pulse is a horrible move. steel and psychic are horrible offensive types. go with either shadow ball or dragon pulse for perfect coverage (shadow ball is usually preferred, iirc). vacuum wave is often used, because lucario doesn't have anything interesting to use. calm mind and life orb, maybe agility, or hidden power rock/ice and a choice item.

Lugia
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Aeroblast
Recover

either aeroblast or ice beam and roost or recover are given. psychic and hydro pump are bad ideas. usually CM on attackers, and the last move can be one of its other offensive options. usually earth power or ice beam.

uber.

Latios
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

see soul dew clause. dragon pulse + surf for perfect coverage bar empoleon and shedinja. (hp fire for those two.) roost or recover, and calm mind. you should almost always be using timid max speed on latias.

Empoleon
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Hydro Pump

quick claw is bad. steel is horrible offensively. surf is usually better than hydro pump.

subpetaya is fairly nice, or specs. Surf + Ice Beam / Grass Knot forms the base of its attacks.

Lucario
Water Pulse
Psychic
Aura Sphere
Flash Cannon

What. Water Pulse is bad, Psychic has bad coverage overall, you;d much rather have a Hidden Power here. Ice is a good idea, it deals with dragons. Expert Belt is okay, but there are better options, such as a Choice Specs/Scarf. Vacuum Wave or CC are also nice moves to chuck on.

Lugia
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Aeroblast
Recover

Ewww Uber. Anyway. Roost > Recover, it lets Lugia shed its Ice/Rock weakness for a turn. Surf ? Hydro Pump, 5/8PP is hardly enough for a defensive pokemon. Psychic is bad cause crappy coverage, and Ae3roblast has too little PP once again. Ice Beam would be smart.

Latios
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
Shadow Ball
Ice Beam

Latios + Soul Dew = Uber. Psychic is crap coverage, Pulse is okay, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are alright. I'd say Thunderbolt here somewhere, it gives you an answer to Water Types carrying Ice Beam.

Empoleon
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon
Hydro Pump

Quick Claw? Its usually frowned upon, but okay. Grass Knot doesn't help Empoleon that much, there are better choices. Flash Cannon isn't that good, despite STAB, so I'd go with something like Substitute and Agility over those two slots. Put a Petaya Berry on it too. So you can Agility on something that's forced to switch, Sub down to the Petaya, and rape some stuff.

Are these guys part of an Uber team? If so, Luke and Empoleon are horrible choices.

Umm...I'm just checking the potential of each Pokémon individually. This isn't a team.

I'm sorry, I don't have much experience or authority in this department, but, then why are you posting in the competitive battling forums?

Back
Top Bottom