• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

ShinyUmbreonX3

Moon don't tell me lies, don't let me roam forever
Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

The day was peaceful, the sky was clear and then sun shone brightly. It was calm, compared to earlier that day, when the quake rumbled through the area. The Pokémon were huddled, unsure whether another quake would come soon. The quakes had been happening for almost a week now, and natural habitats were being altered, though major damage was minimal.

The sea and river areas were being slowly flooded by rain, as well, around routes 105 to 109, 119 to 121, 124 to 134, Mt. Pyre, Slateport City, Foretree City, Dewford Town, Slateport City, Mossdeep City and Lilycove City. Everywhere else exprienced quakes and bright sunlight. There was speculation among humans that Groudon and Kyogre had risen again, and that Rayquaza was gone. There was much worry for the fate of Hoenn.

-------------------------------

Deep in a forest off route 111, Darius was lounging, lying with his back to a tree and picking his teeth with a stick. The Petrolfhar was tired, and he didn't want to have to move anytime soon. He soon dozed off where he was, and as he dozed, he heard a voice. It was quiet, nearly inaudible at first, but then it repeated itself with assertiveness and power.

"Darius, you and the other Pokémon are the only hope for your region now. Gather those you can, make allies, only you all can stop the land and sea. I will try to assist you, as I have not done in a very long time, though. Expect to hear me again...." The voice finished, trailing off. Darius snapped awake then. How did a disembodied voice know his name? Or for that matter, that he and the other Pokémon were the only hope? What was going on?

He decided he'd get up then, hefting his chubby form from his seated position and wandering for a while. He was confused, and it made him feel a bit better for once to be moving while he tried to figure things out. He wandered south through the forest, pondering.

------------------------------------

Zaimes paced the field, the voice still echoing in his head. It made sense, but how, he was unsure. The Pokémon, like him, were all that stood between survival and possible distruction. It didn't seem right though, Groudon and Kyogre couldn't just wake up again, could they? Was someone or something involved?

The aged Absol quickly decided it was best to think about it later and act now. He set himself on a quick pace down route 119 through the pouring rain and sought out other Pokémon that might have heard the voice. They would help. He was sure of it.

Re: Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

Elsewhere on route 119 a medium-sized rabbit-like Pokemon was stalking her target, a lone Kecleon. Usually they would be much too hard to find, but the heavy downpour was to the Nidoran's benefit, she could clearly see the rain against the camouflaged lizard as well as hearing the smooth pattering of water droplets on its scales.

The pokemon flexed her paws, unsheathing a single, huge claw in each one, before pouncing at her quarry and, with a single swipe to the neck brought the Chameleon down. She planned to wait until the Kecleon finished moving, as it was still twitching while it died, when something called out to her.

"Kammy, you and the other Pokémon are the only hope for your region now. Gather those you can, make allies, only you all can stop the land and sea. I will try to assist you, as I have not done in a very long time, though. Expect to hear me again...."

Hearing her name alone made kammy disregard the voice, deciding it was one of the males trying to pull a stupid prank on her, and steal her food... not that she was even hungry. She then only just remembered what she was doing, with a cheerful little chirp she picked her prey up by the throat and tried to pull it into the long grass where she could enjoy the meal in peace...

Kerroi was flitting through the trees of Petalburg Forest, searching for a trainer to steal from. From the treetops, he started to sing a haunting tune, similar to the winds of a hurricane rushing through the stubborn trees. This one was his favorite, and he knew it would eventually draw in an unsuspecting human, especially since today was the nicest day he could remember in a long time. Not that he could remember much at all... Then, to Kerroi's surprise, the windy song sang back to him.

"Kerroi, you and the others are the only hope for your region now. Gather those you can, make allies, only you all can stop the land and sea. I will try to assist you, as I have not done in a very long time, though. Hurry or that storm you sing of might just come to pass. Expect to hear me again...."

"Aaaeeekk! Whozat? Whozat? I are finding who? Where dem 'others' are?" His flurry of rushed questions receive no answer however, and after some time, Kerroi flies off towards Fortree City in search of the mysterious 'others' on the grounds that they might have some shinies he could steal.

A lone Infrit was sleeping at the base of Mt. Chimney when the Earth struck. The earthquake was probably heard for miles around, and was enough to topple the tree Shawn was sleeping by. The fire demon awoke with a snort, releasing a small puff of fire. He arose (quite literally) and looked around. "Damn earthquakes," Shawn muttered to himself, "Gonna make the entire mountain explode." This thought was quite unsettling to him, and the Infrit headed up the mountain. He didn't want his home to be destroyed again. In fact, the first time the volcano was destroyed it was because of men in outlandish outfits.

After floating for a while, Shawn reached the top. He peered into the lava, searching for any disturbances. The demon was astonished! The level was higher than ever! Then, an ear-splitting roar echoed through the mountain side, causing the volcano to ripple and send a wave of lava straight at Shawn. Luckily, Shawn was a fire-type, so lava didn't hurt him. Being right has never felt so bad. Shawn thought. A voice echoed through his mind. "You think this is bad? If you don't help, all hell will break loose." Shawn looked around, trying to see who said that. When he found no one, he gave up and headed back down.

Jacen unsheathed his claws just in time to dodge a pouncing attack of a Tyrogue. The Tyrogue came out of nowhere and he didn't seem eager to leave. Apparantly, the Tyrogue wanted a battle. To Jacen: Tyrogue wanted a battle, so a battle he shall get.

Jacen moved to attack. The Tyrogue tried doing a Mach Punch, but Jacen ducked it and did an uppercut slice that caused Tyrogue to fly back, a huge claw mark now up the Tyrpgue's chest. Tyrogue was now very injured. Time to kill now.

Jacen sheathed the claws and cocked his fist back. Suddenly, his fist began glowing white and steel soon formed on his knuckles. In an intant, Jacen attacked with the Iron Fist. Tyrogue flew back and slammed agaist the tree. Jacen smirked under his mask and walked over to Tyrogue. Sure enough, Tyrogue was dead.

"Thats for trying to attack me," said Jacen. "Hey, Flora, where are ya?" As if on cue, The Floraire flew down from the tree.

"Oh, hey Jace," Flora said. "That was a nice battle."

"I know, I think I am mastering this Iron Fist thing now." Floraire then landed on his shoulder.

"Want me to heal you? You are not very injured, but I could heal ya." At that, Floaire unfolded one wing ant touched his shoulder. The wing glowed white and Jacen felt restored. Flora then folded her wing back and took off from his shoulder.

Aella could smell blood. Her feathers bristled at the smell, and her ears pricked up, jaw quivering slightly as she stood coiled around the small tree, mouth open to take the scent in better. It was nearby, which was probably why she could smell it over the driving rain. Large prey had been harder to find lately, due to the rain and general skittishness of other Pokemon, and she was hungry, having been forced to feed on small creatures that could barely sustain her large body. But if she could find the bleeding thing, it would either be something easy to kill, or something that had made a kill - either way, it would take less energy for more food.

The dragon-type slipped from the woods under cover of the rain, keeping her body low to the ground and her feathers pricked up to offer disguise as a bush or grass patch. The massive creature quickly slid into the grass along the route, her powerful body - over 13 feet of muscle - pushing her quickly along, her small legs tucked out of the way carefully. She quickly scoped out her target - what looked like a Nidoran and the dead body of one of those lizard things she saw sometimes. Bingo. Aella tensed her body to pounce, jaw open, when--

<Aella, you and the other Pokémon are the only hope for your region now. Gather those you can, make allies, only you all can stop the land and sea. I will try to assist you, as I have not done in a very long time, though. Expect to hear me again....>

She froze as the voice spoke to her, aside from her jaws snapping shut in shock with a loud cracking sound. Whoops.

Those sensitive ears of kammy's picked up on the sound of jaws snapping and she quickly turned to face the source of the sound, which would have remained hidden if it wasn't for the snapping. Still, upon seeing it, Kammy wasn't really that bothered.

"Oh hello there!" She called out, after dropping her catch "Are you hungry? You can share this with me if you want!" She didn't quite understand this thing may have been a threat.

"You look a bit shaken... something happen?"

Darius had turned east at this point, and soon had to duck under a tree as the rain poured on him. It seemed he'd gone from one area to another in the region, and he'd been walking a lot long then he thought. He dropped heavily to the ground from the sudden exhaustion. After a moment, he looked around to see if there was anything else of note. Not that he cared.

After a moment, he saw the end of a feathered snake tail. Wait, snakes don't have feathers... he thought. He followed the tail up to raised feathers and then the back of a masked draconian head. After a moment, he kind of just shrugged, not really caring what it was. He started to relax, his panting slowing and his back-mane flames coming back to as close to normal in the rain as they would be. He zoned out some, not paying much attention.

---------------------------------------

Zaimes rushed over rock, ledge, and clearing down the route, searching for others. He didn't have much hope of finding someone due to the weather and other natural disasters, but he had to give it a chance. He couldn't be the only one who heard the voice. Who the voice belonged to also nagged him, it was like he knew but could never name it. He soon stopped pondering and skidded to a stop on a ledge above a scene. He saw a female Nidoran standing over what looked like a dead Kecleon and looking at a snake-like creature he didn't recognize. The masked snake looked... shocked, like it had seen a ghost... or heard something. It seemed to have been stopped mid-strike maneuver, seeing its position related to the Nidoran. He watched for a few moments more, then decided to act.

Zaimes leaped from the ledge and walked up to the Nidoran and the masked snake, which looked more draconian close up. He also noted a fire-type that looked a bit over-sized for its norm sitting at the base of a tree behind the masked dragon. He decided to finally ask the nagging question in his head. He turned to the dragon and Nidoran first, seeing as the fire-type seemed to be not all there. "Excuse me," the Absol started. "Have either of you heard a voice? One that seems to always come from where you can't see the speaker? I would just like to know. Just in case...."

Kammy's lack of focus snapped right to the aged Absol, completely ignoring the grass/dragon creature. She answered his question with an excited hop. "Oh yes, yes, I heard it too!" She squealed. "So we're gonna go on an adventure? Just gimme a moment!" She retracted her bloodsoaked claws "I can't go traveling on an empty stomach!" She raised her paws and placed them on her lower jaw, prompting a tiny pop before beginning to stretch her mouth over the dead Kecleon.

At the sound of a strong, assertive, questioning voice, Darius snapped to. He heard the question alright, if the dragon and, supposedly another beyond the brush, had heard it. At this point he guessed he'd get involved. He didn't think it mattered, but this guy sounded serious. Darius hefted himself up, shook himself off a bit, and walked past the dragon-snake-thing and through the brush.

"I've heard it," he said. "while I was lazing earlier. I wouldn't be out here if it wasn't for a bit of anxiety." He shrugged, looking now at the owner of the voice which seemed to be a fairly aged Absol. An old one, eh? Wonder why he heard it. I guess it's as logical as a big guy like me getting picked... he thought, though he didn't exactly care. He was also oblivious to the female Nidoran who was now devouring a dead Kecleon practically whole.

Zaimes, however, was more focused on the horrifying image of the snake-jawed Nidoran then the overweight fire-type. The Nidoran was not new, this mutation though... he was somewhat disgusted. Though, evolution does take its course, he knew this. He would have to let it go. The Absol kind of nodded to Darius, and then cringed and finally looked up at him.

"It is good to know that at least some of you have heard it... I thought I was going out in the head from my age," he said, then without looking at the Nidoran, acknowledged her finally. "I'm not sure. I'd say probably... but I don't think three of us... possibly four..." He looked at the dragon for a moment. "Could handle this alone." He looked between the other three with a serious look. Darius kind of just stretched and gave a "who cares" roll of his eyes. Zaimes's glance went to him for a moment, and he kind of straightened up a bit. The Absol knew this was no time for lazing and letting things slip.

Shawn hurriedly headed down the mountain, until he came to a part known as the Jagged Pass. He looked around for someone he knew, and he saw a familiar grey face. "Hey Shawn, what's up?" The Spoink bounced over to him. "Spoink!" Shawn exclaimed, "I don't really have time to explain, but just evacuate the area!" The pig looked at him with concern. "Shawn, are you feeling all right?" The demon sighed and said, "Yes! And the volcano's about to erupt!" This got Spoinks attention. "Alright," she said, "I'll gather everyone up."

Shawn headed back up the mountain, when he heard it again. "Ahem, I suppose we got off on the wrong foot earlier." He stopped dead in his tracks. "Look, you, and a select few others, are the only hope for the region. If you don't, then land and sea shall go into an endless war with itself." Shawn thought about this. Only hope for the region? He liked that. "Alright," he said, "What do I do first?"
"Gather allies. That is all I can tell you at the moment."
The voice then was silent.

Rain soon started to pour out of nowhere and Jacen sighed.

Jacen sat down to do some meditation. Perhaps this should give me a clear head said Jacen. He saw Flora perched on the tree, cleaning her feathers. He smirked and then closed his eyes. Suddenly, a voice spoke inside his head.

Listen, Jacen, you are the last hope for this region, the voice spoke.However, you are not strong to do this alone. Flora and you must go find allies. There are Pokemon located on Route 113 nearby. Perhaps you shall find some allies there.

Wait, who is this? asked the Rogastar. However, the voice failed to reply so Jacen returned to meditation. Sure enough, he detected a gathering of Pokemon on the route nearby. He couldn't tell from the aura readings, so he opened his eyes and then got to his feet.

"Flora, come on," called Jacen. "Its time to go for a walk."

With that, Jacen walked from the clearing and eventually arrived at the location of the gathering. There were an assortment of Pokemon, including a Absol. Flora followed behind him, flying from tree to tree.

"Hello there," called Jace to the others.

Aelle's feathers quivered as she heard the sudden burst of voices in the driving rain, yellow eyes looking from each figure she could see. It was all very sudden, and she hadn't expected so many Pokemon to be around... Then one mentioned the voice, the one that had interrupted her hunt. She was annoyed, but her human long ago had taught her about the importance of things beyond one's self, and this weather wasn't normal.

The dragon type reared up, balancing on her tail, claws twitching at the ready and muscular body held up in a straight line, and her narrow muzzle pointed down as she looked down at the others. her feathers bristled to make her appear larger.

"What's going on? I demand an explanation. That voice...? Who was it?" Her voice was loud and had an odd, drum-like quality to it, as well as a very thick and very odd accent to it.

Darius slowly turned and then stumbled backwards when he saw the dragon had reared up. That thing was -big-, though maybe it was the feathers too, not just the height. It still freaked him a bit. The Petrolfhar wasn't a huge fan of things bigger than him.

Zaimes, however, simply looked up at the dragon, and paced forward. He bowed his head once, then looked up again, as if apologizing. "I cannot tell you who the voice was," The Absol said. "But I'm fairly sure it was a voice from beyond, either that of a spirit or that of a higher being. I'm figuring something that still lives, though. I don't think something that has not been around would know about what's happening, but the voice was also cryptic about it... land and sea..." At this point he'd looked away, thinking to himself about it again.

Both Zaimes and Darius noted the voice calling out to them, and looked to see what looked like a humanoid figure, but was most likely another Pokémon from its size, and a bird Pokémon in a tree nearby, a fairly brightly colored one. Darius looked back to the others after a moment, and then sat down heavily on the wet ground. Zaimes raised a paw and called back, "Come on over!"

(Also, it's route 119 that they're all on at this point. Just for future reference before we get further.)

Alighting upon a treebranch for a quick rest before he continues his journey to Fortree, Kerroi spots a rather strange group of pokemon. A broken Nidoran, some strange green snake thingy with a mask, an Absol, all sorts of weird things.

"Whozem? I are ask mehbe. Mehbe dem haves me shinies." he chatters to himself quietly, before deciding that singing the hurricane song might be the best way to get their attention to ask if the own any 'shinies'.

Jacen walked over to the group and then sat down in meditation trance. "Hello everyone, I am Jacen, a Rogastar." Jacen explained calmly. "I was told by some stupid voice to come here. What was that voice?"

Flora looked at the group from the tree. She saw Jacen go over there, but didn't exactly feel confortable to introduce herself. Still, if Jacen saw no threat in the group, she decided to go over there as well. She unfolded her wings and flew over to the group and landed on the ground.

"Hello, I..am Flora," Flora said quietly. "I am a Floraire."

Kammy tried to say something to the newcomers but most of it just came out as a muffled yell, given she had a mouthful of Kecleon. Most Nidoran might have been deterred by the fact that the chosen food was actually bigger than them. However Kammy never had such a problem and after only a short while she was able to finish her meal and re-hinge her jaws with a sickening little 'pop'. "Ah, that's better! Nothing like a snack before an adventure!"

"So," she peered up to the Absol "When do we get going?" She asked with an excited bounce.

[Hey, it'll probably be a while until I meet you guys. I have to go through numerous towns and routes to get to 119.]

Shawn made his way east to gether allies, as the voice had told him to. His first destination was to get to the human city known as Mauville. As he reached the base of the volcano, where the rocks meet the grass, he took one final look back. Shawn sighed. Don't worry, you'll see it again, he promised himself. Although it was an empty promise. He trudged onward, and within short time he was on Route 111.

The fire demon floated over the ledges easily, and soon started through the desert sands. The sun was high in the sky, reflecting light off of the sands. Shawn was near-blinded, but he had to admit- for being so barren, it was a beautiful view. He reached into the sand, and no sooner had he let out a horrible scream. Shawn took his hand out, and a Trapinch had settled it's jaws on it. He flung it off, and let loose a large group of purple flames on it. Honestly, it was eat or be eaten out here.

Once Shawn saw the first patch of grass, he took no hesitation rushing towards it. He headed down the route with no further troubles, however he was quite hungry. He did feel more excited, however, when he saw the lights of Mauville City.

Seeing that they aren't paying attention to his song, Kerroi stops and ponders the situation. Is it worth going down to try and steal any possible shinies, or should he keep going to...Lilicove? Fortree? Mauville? Since remembering is much less interesting than stealing, Kerroi swoops down to the Nidoran with a thief attack.

Zaimes took a step back at the 'pop' of the Nidoran's jaw, clearly a bit disturbed. He did not like this. Nidoran didn't usually have abilities usually limited to the snake Pokémon. It just made him feel a little sick. The Absol regained his composure after a moment, shaking his head.

"I'm not sure. It seems so odd that only a few of us would have met at all after hearing this voice..." he said, lost in thought for a moment. He then turned again as the Rogastar approached, sat down near them to meditate, and introduced himself. This one was another of the ones he had not seen, but Zaimes knew what he was now. Then the vibrant bird landed nearby and introduced herself. The Absol bowed his head to them.

"Greetings, Jacen and Flora. I am Zaimes, an Absol. As for that voice, we are still trying to figure out what it is, but I am sure it is to be trusted... for some reason it seems familiar." He looked away, lost in thought again. The voice was a common topic, and for some reason, he was sure he knew, but he couldn't place a name....

Darius, on the other hand, gave a quick wave to the newcomers, oblivious of the hyper Nidoran and her amazing jaw. "I'm Darius, a Petrolfhar, and well, I'm just here 'cause it's better than doing noth-" He was cut off as he watched a dark-colored bird Pokémon swoop in at the Nidoran with talons extended. It looked like it was going to try and grab anything the Nidoran had on her, which didn't look like anything at this point.

Stupid bird, he thought. He lunged forward awkwardly to try and grab the bird before it grabbed at the Nidoran, though his size and the position he lunged from made it fairly slow.

Back
Top Bottom