• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

Re: Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

Jacen detected the incoming attack and got up, unsheathing one of his red arm-blades and facing the opponent, a dark-colored bird that seemed to be targeting a Pokemon with a Thief move. With a quick thought, Jacen held up the clawed hand and an aura barrier rose up, blocking the way to the other group.

"who dares attack?" asked Jacen. "Name yourself."

Kammy didn't even notice the half-crazy bird swooping towards her, only giving the other newcomers a warm smile "Oh, I'm Kammy, nice to meet you all!". She gave another little bounce "This is gonna be so fun! So many places to see, so many things to do, so many pokemon to eat!" She couldn't keep still at this point.

Aella didn't like the sudden noise that had exploded around her, and her feathers pricked up again, bristling like spines. She could at least tell that something important was happening, so why were they still siting around here? The dragon type started to hiss, very softly, still holding herself up on her tail. The hissing soon blossomed out into her rhythmic, drumlike voice.

"Names are not important. Important is voice."

Her feathers twitched again, as her sensitive senses picked up the sound and dark shape of a bird Pokemon in flight, which looked to be making an attack. Aella did little more than twist her body around gracefully, bringing her baleful golden gaze on the creature, jaw quivering as she used the Scary Face attack.

"Not important."

Seeing the strange green snake's Scary Face, Kerroi wheels away to land in a tree and Taunt it's newfound foe from afar.

Shawn's time in Mauville City had been rather uneventful. It's surprising how many people didn't notice a fire demon who almost set the grass ablaze. Therefore, he head out to Route 118. He stopped abruptly when he heard a nearby splash. "Ugh, water," he said to himself. He floated over the water slowly. He didn't want to fall inor he was very unexperienced with water. One Shawn reached the other side, he sighed and kept moving. From there he headed north- to hear the sounds made by numerous pokemon.

Shawn rushed up the Route, surprisingly becoming used to the rain, and appeared in the middle of what seemed to be a battle. "Uhh, hi?" he said, awkwardly.

Zaimes jumped between the bird and the others, swinging his head, and then growling loudly, a dark aura surrounding him as he unleashed a Snarl at the bird. "Enough!" He yelled afterwards. "We do not need fighting right now!" He glared at the bird. "If you are only here to harass and steal, then begone!" The Absol seemed to change his stance a bit, tilting his head at the bird. "Or perhaps you have also heard a voice? If you have, will you join us?" He ended in a very serious, but curious tone.

Darius, at this point, was lying on his belly, grumbling. He got himself back to a sitting position and kind of looked at the others. He then noticed the odd fire-type floating a short distance away. The Petrolfhar waved limply from where he was sitting and half-heartedly said, "Hey." He then went back to look at the others, at this point ignoring the fighting after embarrassingly face-planting when trying to grab the bird. He didn't care much for the Nidoran's excitement, either. He sighed and shrugged, then stared off into nothing for a bit.

Hearing the Absol, the small bird quit taunting the snake, and responded with a flurry of slurred words and a cocked head.
"Who voice? I are hear before. Say bad happen. Findey friends. Big storm come. Zat voice? Why broken Nidoran and angry snake no like? Have shinies?"

Zaimes took in the slurred, fast talking, seemed to ponder it for a moment, and then responded. "Yes, the voice that spoke of finding others and standing up to the disasters coming." He looked back at the dragon and the Nidoran, then back at the bird. "Also, I believe they aren't fond of you because of your very impulsive... aggressive behavior. If you're looking for "shinies", you won't find them among most of us. And attacking to find that out will only get you in trouble some day." He tilted his head again, thinking. "I suppose I could offer up anything we may find if you will come with us. We should be going soon if we are going to start figuring out what the voice meant and how we are supposed to act." He turned to the others as he said this as well.

The Absol then noticed the new-comer, another fire-type. The other Pokémon seemed to be coming out of the woodwork to join them. It was amazing they had a group like this already. He decided to give this one a moment before explaining. Maybe they would get moving first, and he would let the fire-type ask what was going on.

In response t the Absol's respnse, Kerroi glides down to land gently on his back before speaking again.
"No shinies? Whyzat? Howzi find shinies if attack are no-no? Zere shinies on big trip? Us go now?"
Awaiting a reply, the magpie pokemon ruffles his feathers before wiggling into a more comfortable position.

"Wait, wait, wait," Shawn said, "You've heared the voice too?" Shawn's spirits perked up. That had been easier than he thought! "Oh, by the way, I'm Shawn. I be an Infrit."

Zaimes chuckled, and looked over his shoulder at the bird. He grinned and shook his head a bit. "Not all carry things with them. I understand that you can't be sure without an actual attempt, but some may take it wrong, like we did. I'm sure there's no harm done now, though," he said, looking back at the others, but spoke again to the bird. "and I'm sure there will be plenty of shinies for you along the way. Just, maybe let us handle the diplomacy with others we run into? I don't want to get off on the wrong paw with those we may meet."

The Absol looked at the fire-type, labeling himself as an Infrit. "Yes, Shawn, all of us here have heard it. And I'm thinking now is the time to act on it, as well. We're going to be heading for the east coast of the region first," he said. "If that's alright, of course. I don't want to take full control of our path here. I just have an inclination that these disasters, and the voice's cryptic phrases, have something to do with what I tried to warn many of 20 years ago..."

Darius un-zoned and looked at the Absol. The Petrolfhar scoffed a bit and chuckled. "So we're going to the ocean because of a feeling? I don't think that's enough of a reason for such a long trek, really. I mean, come on, 'This seems familiar, let's go really far so we can make sure.' It just doesn't seem right." Zaimes glared at him a second time, and he fumbled a bit. "Well, of course, it might be worth it... just in case... uh, right? Right?" He got up as quickly as he could and looked at the others. "So, are we all going? Eh...hehe..." He then kind of frowned and rubbed his gut, looking down for a moment. "Eh... some food would be good, too. I haven't eaten all day..." He looked up and sweatdropped, sighing.

(Lol, me and my laggy Computer lab puter and your short quick posts.)

Last edited:

Kammy stopped and perked at Darius' complaints. "Oh, you want food? Consider it done, friend!" Without even asking or saying another thing the blue rabbit dived into the tall grass.

A few moments later her voice could be heard "Hey, did you hear any weird head-voice telling you about disasters? No? Just wanted to make sure!"

What followed were several stabbing noises, accompanied by a high-pitched whimpering. Seconds later Kammy re-emerged from the grass, dragging a Growlithe along the ground. She nudged the body in Darius' direction "There you go!"

Darius this time went to say something to the Nidoran, but she'd already dived into the brush. The sounds that came out made the Petrolfhar a bit worried. After a moment, they stopped, and he watched the Nidoran drag a Growlithe out, at which he stepped back.

"You know, um, on second thought, I can wait," he said, shaking his head a bit. "Especially because I'd rather not have random Nidoran trying to feed me distant relatives. Or assuming what I eat in general." He turned away, frowning, and looked off into the rain. He'd have to find something himself, but he'd wait until they got moving.

(And yes, that's a fact. I kind of planned that the Pozpup/Plarolf/Petrolfhar line (the fire starter I came up with) was distantly related to Growlithe/Arcanine (both lines being fire-type wolf/dogs) seeing as evolution in Pokémon hasn't just been the "growing up" type.

Anyway, waiting to continue plot until after acknowledgement of the "let's get moving" post.)

Kammy gave a huff at Darius' remark. "Fine." she actually felt a bit offended, not really understanding his problem. "That's completely fine..." She'd have it for herself but... she felt kinda full. Kind of a waste of perfectly good food, how inconsiderate!

"Alright," said Shawn, "Let's get moving!" He started to float in a direction, then stopped. He turned around and said, "Um, which direction are we, 'Let's get moving' to?" Then Shawn's mind raced to other things. Like, were all of the nessesary people here? Or if his home really exploded? Don't think about that, he thought, It will only make things worse. Shawn looked over at the dead Growlithe and felt his stomach rumble.

(I'll try to get longer posts in.)

Clearly disgruntled with this plan to head east, Kerroi wings his way onto a tree branch to voice his opinions.
"Water no like! Why east go? Here are lot trees! Shinies are here! No shinies at big water!"
Falling silent, he ruffles his feathers and glares sullenly at the group, seemingly oblivious to the Growlithe's corpse.

Blue was just that minute about to eat the Growlithe for herself, however she couldn't help but notice the looks Shawn was giving it. She quickly popped her jaw back into place and brought the canine carcass over.

"Here you go!" She chirped "You can have it if you want to."

Zaimes turned to Shawn. "We're heading east. I want to confirm something, if you're willing to head that way. It means going to the sea."

The Absol then looked at the bird and sighed. This one clearly didn't understand the importance of what was happening. "Shinies are not as important as confirming suspicions that could mean the end of everyone, including you, if something isn't done. The magnitude of this situation can only get worse, and if you think these "shinies" are more important than knowing whether you'll survive to find them or not, then you truly lack sense."

Darius, on the other hand, wasn't listening to the directions or the arguing or anything. He'd moved a short distance away, and put a hand and ear to the ground. He usually didn't care about what happened, but this time, he was worried. With this gathering, someone getting hurt could be trouble. The Petrolfhar waited there a moment, and then quickly got up with a fearful expression and ran back over to the others as quickly as he could.

"Everyone, find an anchor! Quickly! Another quake's going to come through! It's a big one!" He yelled, coming up to them panting, and then he ran over and hugged a tree. He looked up at the bird. "You might want to get off that branch for a moment of you don't want to be shaken up."

Zaimes ducked under a bush, then noticed a Glaceon a short distance away. "Hello! Now's not the time to make trust with you or anything, but I'd like you to trust me! Get under something, quick. There may be an earthquake coming through the area. I don't want you getting hurt," the Absol said. "Or anyone at this point."

(I'll let responses and then... action. :D

Edit: didn't notice Crooked. Adding. Also, Crooked, you need to post something where you respond to the voice from the first post... I'm unsure you read everything before you posted now. o.o))

Shawn looked at the strange Nidoran and said, "Thanks, but I don't really need it." This was a lie, of course, but he didn't want to take food from others. He turned to Zaimes. "Well, it's either my home exploding in my face or water. I think water's the best choice." Then the Infrit heard Darius. Another earthquake Oh, Arceus..." Shawn looked around, and seeing nothing he could use that he wouldn't set fire to, he did the next best thing.

Shawn looked at a nearby tree, and instead of hugging it, like Darius had, he charged into it. He felt the molecules of his body separating, and then merging with the tree. Soon enough, he was directly inside the tree.

Back
Top Bottom