• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon: Master Champion (log)

Would you be interested in playing this game?

• Total voters
Thank you @Ysabel for your kind words and continual support. 🌞It wasn't something we really thought about either until we went in depth over all the different mechanics in the game. Of course when we noticed they would be an integral role to our project, we knew that we wanted to do it and do it right.

Recently our dedication has been lying elsewhere. Not particularly because we've lost motivation or inspiration, but primarily because life has its own plans for us, sometimes. My colleague and I live here in Texas - and if you're privy to the on goings of the United States, you would have come to know that our region was completely frozen over for an entire week. Our power was out, water wasn't working, transportation was nearly impossible, and when we did get our water back, we weren't allowed to use it for three more days! In total, we probably lost an entire 7 days worth of worktime.

Now, would that time have been spent working on our project? Maybe, maybe not. Let me explain that, too.

We've recently been at an impasse where I go to work, have every moment taken from me at my job, and I go home tired and stressed. I personally feel in those times that if I were to work on the project, I may overlook details or not create as passionately as I do when I have the free time to do so either at work or on days that I don't work. It's been a combination of factors that have been interfering with our productivity. This marks two months in a row of low productivity. It is sad, and shameful, but I haven't given up. I'm being completely honest when I say that we still talk about the project, every day - we still have new ideas, we still have the desire to make this game. Nothing other than the time we've had available has changed. I'm hoping to make a schedule for us to work on the project, and not just a list of things that need to be done. I'm thinking that if I avoid mainly working on the project while I'm at work, I might be able to accomplish a lot more. My job has been ever-changing since the beginning of the year, and that's why the work pace has come to a grinding halt.

That being said, I want to take a moment and thank the work of Lord Blord. His research and dedication parallels mine, and I find it absolutely invaluable. We're hoping to pick up where we left off - the Camper class - as it's being specially looked at since it was made a long time ago when a different set of rules were in place, and it had too much power in comparison to the other trainer classes. We're going to shave off quite a bit, then put it back in the Trainer Classes worksheet. I hope to do this today or tomorrow, as it shouldn't take too long at all.

It's been a really tough struggle. I'm hoping that we can finally come out on top. Remember: Today's another day for creation! 🌄

-TrainerWalker

Good Evening Everyone,

This is a lot later than I would usually send out these updates, but a lot has changed since last I updated. Unfortunately friends, I lost my job working as a Drill Instructor at a DAP School, and the saddest part about that possibly is that this very account is made with a picture I took on the first day of this job, and the email I was given by the school district. Very soon, this email account will be erased and thereby this account will be erased as well. That being said, I have successfully transferred all necessary documents from my work email to my personal email before I was even advised. A lot could be said to explain what happened at my job... but I will opt to say that family drama and work drama don't make a good combination. Even if I have to make a new account and make a new thread, I will do what I have to so I may stay in this community and continue working on my project. Of course, since last Thursday (02/25/2021), I have been unemployed, yet I haven't spent any time on the P:MC project at all whereas Lord Blord has finished working on all of Kanto's Pokemon Spawning Locations. He's been putting a lot of work in recently and as of late has been the sole worker on the project. I do admit that a large amount of passion has been lost due to a lot of factors, the main ones being my depressive moodiness and self-destructiveness combined with recent major events and a long time of stress build-up from a ton of different things.

That being said... I still have not given up. Tonight I'm going to work on and finish the Camper Class, and start working on the next Classes. I am going to update some documents, including tasks that need to be completed, as we move forward with the project we find new things that need to be done. It's always fun that way, isn't it? Either way, that's how we like it - but what we'd really like is to get our game on the table and ready to play.

Thank you for your amazing and continual support everyone. Thank you for everything. And of course, today's always another day for creation!

-TrainerWalker

• Sad
Reactions: Ys_
Thanks for the concerns, Qenya! Butterfree reached out to me the other day and fixed my email issue, thank glob. Now I just have to change the picture, I feel like it's only right. Not sure when I will do it, though.

I would like to announce that as of 03/06/2021 I am being employed by none other than the nation's finest eatery - McDonald's! So, with my employment comes a bit of relief to my situation. I'm also going to be getting a car in these next few weeks, and with my new job being a Management position, things are looking up.

What does this mean for the project? It means brighter and better days - days where we can schedule the times we want to work on our project, and not have to rely on free time. With the Camper Class finally being done, we will move on with our own sets of individual tasks and then group tasks on days we both have time.

I look forward to sharing more progress with you guys soon! Stay updated and remember - Today's another day for creation! :D

My colleague and I live here in Texas - and if you're privy to the on goings of the United States, you would have come to know that our region was completely frozen over for an entire week. Our power was out, water wasn't working, transportation was nearly impossible, and when we did get our water back, we weren't allowed to use it for three more days! In total, we probably lost an entire 7 days worth of worktime.
Yeah, I heard about that. My best wishes!

I'm thinking that if I avoid mainly working on the project while I'm at work, I might be able to accomplish a lot more.
Yeah, makes sense, better not to strain yourself and focus on the present task.

Sorry to hear you lost your job but glad you found a new one!

Hello!!!! Today is another day for creation. Due to some life events the other dev the has slowed down in production. But don't worry I'm doing my best so we don't lose any productivity. I started working on it at least 2-4 hours a day with a 2 hour minimum. I've finished all gen 1 habits spawns, and finished all the gen 2 routes. There were also custom spawning events I added like a fishing contest, I also expanded on pokemon spawning like for example route 21 is a ocean route that only spawned 2 pokemon so I added some new life to some locations.
Well good bye have a great day.

we is back after a year hiatus sorry for our long departure. we are returning to our work after reorganizing our life.

Good evening, everyone. After a little over a year, we are breaking the silence on this forum. It's been a very long 392 days or so since we've updated you on the development of this game. While Lord Blord made some progress on habitats while I was away entirely, work ended up halting after a few short months when I was going through so many different jobs. Now, after all this time, I've found myself unemployed.

But, all that means is that I have ample time to work on our ol' project here. And we're coming back with a mission!

Our first objective coming back will be revamping the combat system. At it's current state, combat between two veteran trainers would literally take weeks, since we don't have a computer with the equations specifically built. But, if we're able to find a way to accommodate and make our own sort of web page or application, we would be able to run our game quickly!

However, if we can't find a way to do that, we'll just have to reduce the equations complicated nature somehow by creating a new, smaller equation that is true to the original somehow. Either way, we're going to need some help from a mathematical genius. So, if you are that and you want to help us out, let us know!

Like always everyone, today is a new day for creation!

-TrainerWalker

Back
Top Bottom