• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Aethelstan

Are you implying that indirect moves can somehow get through the wall, like a flamethrower passing through stone?

If the wall only manages to raise his defence three levels, does this mean attacks normally pass through the wall in some way? How does this work, if the Great Wall of Kenneth is supposed to be solid rock?

If attacks can pass right through the wall, does the wall sustain damage, or is it only when struck by attacks affecting all/multiple pokemon? Is the wall defensively a rock-type, or perhaps a combination? If it is a rock-type, explosion/selfdestruct may not cause 30% damage to the wall; is this a special property of Kenneth's explosion, a property of explosion/selfdestruct in general, a side-effect of Kenneth fainting, or something else?

The usage gap should be "from the end of all effects".

[Lumen] Ralts (M)
Synchronize
exp:1 and 2

to

[Lumen] Kirlia (M)
Synchronize

Going to have to deny that as per the first post:

first post said:
If a pokémon evolves twice and by level the first time, the first evolution requires two experience points to complete UNLESS that pokémon falls into one of the following two groups:

Group 1: Beldum, Bellsprout, Gastly, Geodude, Machop, Oddish, Poliwag, Ralts, Whismur, Zubat
Group 2: Aron, Bagon, Dratini, Duskull, Elekid, Gible, Horsea, Larvitar, Magby, Magnemite, Rhyhorn, Spheal, Swinub, Trapinch

Members of group one require three experience points to complete their first evolution, and those in group two require four.

Lumen needs one more experience point to evolve.

Uh, do I have to post here for Gifts from the gift exchange?

Venonat (M)
Compoundeyes

Link.

Last edited:

I could've sworn that last time I checked, Ralts wasn't on the list. Then again, last time I checked was several months ago. Anyway.

Uh, do I have to post here for Gifts from the gift exchange?

Venonat (M)
Compoundeyes

Link.

Please repost the stuff instead of editing next time. Approved.

Buying a:

[Glacies] Sneasel (M)
Inner Focus

[Tonitrus] Shinx (M)
Intimidate
and a Dawn stone and a Razor Fang.

I believe that it is up to $44

Bank Link

I had a feeling I wasn't being concise enough. I'll rephrase a bunch of stuff, change a couple of things and try again.

[Kenneth] Geodude (Male)
Ability: Sturdy
Signature Move: Great Wall

Kenneth has always been a skilled craftsman, creating simple structures and buildings with relative ease. Being a rock type, his favorite material is the stones he has natural control over, and thus his creations are usually decently hardy. After a long time of making all sorts of basic fortresses, Kenneth soon realized that he could create his works faster by using his ability to conjure up rocks from the earth as a method of finding and assembling materials. The stones would come together as swiftly as if they were feathers, and fit together nearly as tightly as a jigsaw puzzle. The walls began getting more and more complex, until he had constructed something of a open-roofed dome that he could rest comfortably in. Soon Kenneth was adept at making these simple walls within seconds, and decided this just might work as a strategy in battle.

Rock / Accuracy 100% / Target: Self / Energy 5%, 1% energy for every attack defended against / Duration: 9 actions max

Effects:
Kenneth assembles a fairly sturdy circular wall around himself. Kenneth adds a makeshift roof when defending against damage, then opens it back up slightly if he needs to attack. The wall can absorb up to 3% damage from each attack aimed at Kenneth, the rest of the damage inflicted directly to him. Kenneth can only used indirect attacks (attacks that don't involve making physical contact with the foe) or self-affecting attacks while this attack is activated. The moves Selfdestruct and Explosion do not work at all, and if used will faint Kenneth and destroy the wall. The wall also will be affected by moves that affect all other Pokemon, for example if Kenneth were to use Earthquake. Once the wall withstands a total of 30% damage, the wall crumbles, however, after 9 actions it will lose it's structural integrity anyway, and collapse on it's own.

Usage Gap: 12 actions from the end of all effects

I had a feeling I wasn't being concise enough. I'll rephrase a bunch of stuff, change a couple of things and try again.

[Kenneth] Geodude (Male)
Ability: Sturdy
Signature Move: Great Wall

Kenneth has always been a skilled craftsman, creating simple structures and buildings with relative ease. Being a rock type, his favorite material is the stones he has natural control over, and thus his creations are usually decently hardy. After a long time of making all sorts of basic fortresses, Kenneth soon realized that he could create his works faster by using his ability to conjure up rocks from the earth as a method of finding and assembling materials. The stones would come together as swiftly as if they were feathers, and fit together nearly as tightly as a jigsaw puzzle. The walls began getting more and more complex, until he had constructed something of a open-roofed dome that he could rest comfortably in. Soon Kenneth was adept at making these simple walls within seconds, and decided this just might work as a strategy in battle.

Rock / Accuracy 100% / Target: Self / Energy 5%, 1% energy for every attack defended against / Duration: 9 actions max

Effects:
Kenneth assembles a fairly sturdy circular wall around himself. Kenneth adds a makeshift roof when defending against damage, then opens it back up slightly if he needs to attack. The wall can absorb up to 3% damage from each attack aimed at Kenneth, the rest of the damage inflicted directly to him. Kenneth can only used indirect attacks (attacks that don't involve making physical contact with the foe) or self-affecting attacks while this attack is activated. The moves Selfdestruct and Explosion do not work at all, and if used will faint Kenneth and destroy the wall. The wall also will be affected by moves that affect all other Pokemon, for example if Kenneth were to use Earthquake. Once the wall withstands a total of 30% damage, the wall crumbles, however, after 9 actions it will lose it's structural integrity anyway, and collapse on it's own.

Usage Gap: 12 actions from the end of all effects

It's nigh impossible to collapse the wall, then, before 9 actions. I'd change the wall's HP to something closer to 20% or so, as otherwise it seems to powerful for a first-stage Pokemon. Also, if Kenneth has -1 Defense or something, will this be accounted for? I'm not sure, since they're technically attacking the wall and not Kenneth.
Also, what about attacks such as Leech Seed or Sleep Powder? Will they somehow manage to wiggle their way through the wall, or will they be blocked entirely?
What about physical attacks? I don't see how they'd inflict their remaining damage onto Kenneth. For example, Mach Punch is merely a quick punch, though it should do more than 3% damage; I don't see how the remaining damage is transferred to Kenneth.
And, like Kusari said, what about attacks that don't make contact with the wall, such as Psychic?
Also, saying that Selfdestruct or Explosion doesn't work at all and that if used, it will faint Kenneth and destroy the wall is kind of contradictory. Did you mean to say that the usage of those moves isn't recommended?
Buh I feel like I typed more than necessary :|

I figured it wouldn't matter since I was essentially reposting it by quoting it, but I'll keep that in mind.

Reposting makes our jobs easier, so we don't accidentally overlook stuff. :3

[Hikozaru] Chimchar (Male)
Ability: Blaze

[Nyula] Sneasel (Female)
Ability: Keen eye

[Hitodeman] Staryu (Genderless)
Ability: Natural cure

I make that $37, correct?

Bank Link

[Nyula] Sneasel (Female)

I make that $37, correct?

Bank Link

Yes, that's correct. However, you have to link directly to your posts in the other thread. To do that, look in the top righthand corner of a post - there should be a number. Click that number, and a new window should pop up. Then, copy the link from that window, and paste it into your posts.

[Nyula] Sneasel (Female)

$37

Bank Link

Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.