• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Pronoun
she
Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Sign-Ups/Info Post
Theme Song: The Others

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•​

"So are these custom made, or what?"

The man kept pulling at her ears as if he expected them to come right off--obviously he had never heard of personal space in his life--but Nikki just kept smiling at him, and she laughed. "I, uh, guess you could say that," she responded, not really seeing how she could tell him of the actual circumstances without him calling her a psycho.

Oh well. He thought she was in costume, so as long as he didn't grow suspicious of her, she supposed it was alright.

"I mean, they feel like actual Skitty ears," he said as he let go of them, and he scratched his head. "Not that I go around feeling them of anything, but... Well, you know what I mean. You put a lot of detail into them."

Nikki's grin faltered for a second. "Well, thanks! I'm glad you like them." She forced her tail to not bob at his words; she had to make it seem fake, inanimate, lifeless. If it moved, he'd know something was up, and that it might not be part of her supposed "costume."

"Well, ah, have fun at your convention." The man tipped his head in a small nod before walking off. She waved at him jubilantly like an idiot as he left.

And with her wide, beaming smile, Nikki set off herself.

She wanted to find the others—a whole night had passed since she had seen them, and the weird looks people gave her made her feel slightly vulnerable. She needed people, her people. They had to stick together, right? But she didn't know where they were...

It would be easy to spot another morph like herself in the crowd, even with the Pokémon convention going on; the differences between the real features of the morphs and the fake costumes of the cosplayers were numerous.

Plus, she remembered a few of their faces. That cute little Ralts boy, the somewhat off-putting Poochyena girl, that huge Tauros guy... Yeah, she could recognize them if she saw them. She never caught names, though. On the ride over, none of them really spoke, she recalled, so she didn't know any of them personally.

Or, well, really at all. All she knew were their faces, and that was it.

So without much direction the Skitty morph wandered aimlessly through the crowds of people coming and going, and when people smiled at her odd appearance she giggled. They may have found her weird, but she found it kind of funny that they didn't know the whole story.

But at the same time this saddened her.

... They would never understand, would they?

Last edited:
Re: Pokémorphs: New Day, New Dawn

Benjamin clutched his gut as it rumbled. He didn't remember ever being this hungry. Well, he didn't remember much to begin with. Regardless, he had to find food, or money, soon. He forced himself to move on, away from where he had been; standing in front of a giant poster featuring a "Sampler Plate." There was about five kinds of meat on there, seafood included. It was for a Fondue place.

He didn't get far, of course, because the same restaurant had another poster showing off their desert platter. Five kinds of chocolate fondue to choose from, with lots of super sweet fruits to dip. And marshmallows. And brownies. And pound cake. Benjamin sighed and dragged his feet farther on the sidewalk, staring at his feet. He'd considered trying to get into that convention everyone was on about, but he didn't have a ticket. It occurred to him to steal one, but he immediately pushed the idea away.

Eventually, Benjamin came to a bus stop, where he sat on the bench and rested his elbows on his knees. Perhaps he should have stuck to one of the others. Of course, he didn't know any of them, and he'd hate to be a bother. He hadn't seen any reports on half-breed corpses being found anywhere, so they must all be doing all right. He stared at the bus schedule to his left and took special notice of the warning that passengers without a bus pass or sufficient funds to pay the fare would not be permitted to ride. Then, to his right, was another boy who didn't look much older than he was. The boy was holding a skateboard in one hand, and fiddling with a hacky sack in the other. His ears were covered by large yellow headphones blasting music loud enough for Benjamin to make out clearly.

The boy notice Benjamin staring. "... What?" He asked irritably tearing his headphones off. He must have been having a bad day or something.

"Nothing. Sorry." Benjamin said, returning his gaze to his feet.

"Ooooh... it's so realistic!"

The young boy was wearing a brown hoodie, some cheap make-up, and foam horns to faintly resemble a bull Pokémon and he was ecstatic to find someone else who was an avid fan. A small crowd had gathered around the two, who were seated on a bench in a hallway - though really the child was climbing on top of his older and significantly larger counterpart.

"I've never seen such smooth and brilliant horns!" one Pokéfan exclaimed, rubbing his chin with interest. "I've only ever seen photos of Tauros, but ..."

"The tails are what has got me all giddy," a young woman confided to her friends. "They even seem to move, just like a real-life Pokémon!"

The Tauros man wasn't outwardly showing any signs of anger that would be obvious to a bystander - his arms were crossed, his eyes closed, his back perfectly straight. His hair had been moved by the child so that his horns were displayed prominently. His face glinted slightly with sweat, but that could be attributed to poor ventilation. There was, however, one thing that was slightly ... off. His right ear was twitching.

What was he to do? He had been separated from his people by that man - the freak with the mustache - and left here to, what, his own devices? Or would the stranger return to take what he believed to be his?

He stopped for a moment and reflected on his thoughts. His people? Were these mistakes his people now? What about whatever family, whatever town he came from? Did any of that matter now?

And would this kid ever stop he swore he would stop him dead in his tracks if he so much as touched his horns

Last edited:

It is very hard to blend in when one has unusual features and few features were as hard to hide as hair color. Alexis walked with his head down and hands shoved into his pockets. He was lucky to be able to hide in this crowd though, with all of the crazy costumes that people seemed to be wearing.

Alexis had no idea where he actually was. The buildings soared above him and people came in droves up and down the sidewalks, surrounding him on all sides. There were all kinds of emotion coming off of the masses of people - happiness andexcitement, rage and sorrow. It was all Alexis could do to keep walking straight as the emotions pushed against him.

Worse yet was the fear and loneliness that he recognized came from himself. He wished he was back with the older kids that had come with him. He wanted to hide somewhere - but he didn't want to hide alone.

"Hey, where are your parents?"

Alexis stopped and looked up at the businesswomen who had suddenly talked to him. She was smiling at him, but Alexis couldn't figure out what she was actually feeling. There were too many people around sending conflicting information.

"I... I..." Alexis couldn't get anything out. His head hurt, he was scared, and he wasn't sure if he wanted more to be alone or to be with the others.

He turned and ran in the other direction.

There were a handful of them scattered throughout the city. Doubtless, they had all met up by now, and were having good fun running about the city,
wreaking havoc as they pleased. And Lucy was missing out on all the fun. She blinked, hard, and concentrated on her mental environment. It
was always a hard thing to explain to others; she had a general awareness of her surroundings even when blind, thanks to her ability to detect
electromagnetic fields, and when coupled with her regular vision, this ability gave her the ability to see that no other human could match.
When she opened her eyes again, their regularly dull golden colour was now a bright yellow, giving off light like stars. Everything around her
was suddenly completely clear-- to her, at least. She was confident that if anyone else was suddenly given this power, they would be overwhelmed,
but Lucy had learned to read it. She could tell, through the golden haze, where each and everything was, even things obscured by the imposing walls
around her.

She could see practically the entire city from her present location; and yet, she was unable to pick out any of the other halflings from here.
There was a Poochyena one, he thought. The cute Skitty girl, too. That shy Ralts kid, and that shy Ampharos kid, too. And then that big Tauros
guy, the only one that Lucy felt any sort of fear towards. Something told Lucy that if there was anyone that could destroy Lucy in the world,
it was probably him. He was just so imposing-- big and dark, his many tails whipping behind him, his great horns nearly as wide as his
shoulders. Lucy didn't like the Tauros guy, because she was scared of him. That wasn't an emotion she was equipped to handle.

Lucy was an idiot for not Marking the morphs while she had the chance. While the rest of the world was a golden miasma, Lucy could "draw" on
her surroundings mentally, by placing blue markers on them. She blue markers from a reasonable distance away, sometimes miles if the land
was flat enough, and she would have found the morphs without issue. However, because she was stupid, she had failed to do so, and now she was alone.

Lucy realised she was hungry. She looked at the trash heap, but none of it seemed very appetising. Besides, she was part Pokémon, for God's sake,
and eating trash was not something she was prepared to do. People like her deserved better. People like her would get better than that, at least.

And yet she was without a penny to her name. Basically any real food sounded appetising at this point; she could use her charm to beg,
but she wasn't looking exactly attractive at the moment. Her main mission, then, would be to find the rest of the morphs. Gathering herself
about, she ran her fingers through her hair and exited her alley, brushing past others in her search for the morph.

That was god-awful. Hopefully my writing will be less shit later on.

So this was a convention.

Leto couldn't really see the appeal, except that it gave her - and the others - a huge chance to blend in. Normally, any one of them would have stood out completely. After all, they looked... well, maybe some of them had more appeal than others. She didn't mind her marks, or her eyes all that much, and being tougher seemed like it could be useful, but her stupid spike was just too obvious and too weird. Why couldn't she have gotten a tail instead?

But it was her spike which was under scrutiny right now, while an older guy - maybe in his twenties, she couldn't be sure - seemed to be way more involved in talking to himself than her.

"I would have gone with a Tyranitar myself - you can't do much with a Larvitar costume, right? Nice skin paint, though. And that crest looks really high quality... did your parents make it for you?"

She had shoved her hands tightly into her pockets, hoping he'd shut up and leave so she could find someone that she actually knew, if only by appearance. But he apparently didn't care about how uninterested she looked, and reached out to touch her head.

Reflexively, she swatted his arm away without even thinking about it, only for him to wince. She hadn't even put that much force into it.

"Don't touch me," she told him, itching to get away.

"Kids these days. Get them to teach you some manners," he said, disgruntledly, and turned away - her chance to get out of here. She pushed through the crowd, jostling a few people and ducking around groups posing for photos. Where were the others? She squinted at the throng, and eventually the mass of people resolved itself, just a little. There was one person who stood out well above the rest - the Tauros morph, who seemed to be at the cluster of interested people. He made a good destination, to be honest, and Leto began to determinedly make her way towards him.

"Excuse me - sorry, we have to go. There's somewhere we have to be," she said firmly as she reached them, trying to slide into the space around the bench without jostling anyone else too much. "Come on, we're going to be late," she told him, craning her head a bit to look up at him properly. Was this how you talked to a friend you were at a convention with? Probably not.

But she couldn't remember having friends, so it wasn't like she could help it.

[[I know not everyone who signed up has posted yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and get this out of the way. c:]]

She started humming a little jingle to herself as she walked along the streets, and it put a little skip in her step. Her tail danced behind her before she forced it to be still--gotta keep a low profile, can't let them know!

... Well, ha ha. I can't really do that anyway. I'm noticeable enough as it is.
Nikki giggled to herself at that, not even aware of what could possibly happen if someone found out what she and the other morphs were. She wasn't aware that they were wanted back in Kanto, she wasn't aware that if they were caught they would be probed and picked apart by the scientific community; but it was probably better that way. Ignorance is bliss.

Wow. Some of the people here have some pretty good costumes. A few of them even look real. Like, not real like us, but still pretty good! They must've put a lot of time into those--Hey! Just like that guy told me earlier. But I really didn't make my stuff. ... Come to think of it, I really dunno why I have these ears and tail and hair anyway, 'cause I don't think they were always like this--

"Oof!" A blur of green knocked her flat on her backside, crushing her tail beneath her. Nikki yelped as she quickly pulled her tail out from under her, and a deep frown settled on her face as she was the yellow bulbs on its end were crumpled. "Ouch... Hey, you just made me--"

She turned to her assailant, and her eyes immediately flew open. "Hey! I know you!" She pointed a clawed finger in the little boy's face, almost poking his nose. Her smile was already returning. "Oh my gosh, I remember you! Hi! Hello!"

On instinct Nikki wrapped her arms around him to bring the Ralts morph into a tight hug. "I missed you! I mean, we really didn't talk, but I missed you all the same. It's so lonely here! ... Well, being different amongst all these normal people makes me lonely, anyway." She finally let go of him and hopped back onto her feet, her hand whipping out to him to help him up.

"So, uh, what's your name? We never got to introduce ourselves!" She paused. "Oh, right! I'm so rude sometimes, ha ha. I'm Nikki."

Last edited:

"Come on, we're going to be late."

The voice was familiar and cut through the tempest that had built in his mind. Instantly alert, he opened his eyes and surveyed his surroundings. More accurately, he surveyed the girl looking up at him, and settled upon her face that, frankly, stuck out like a sore thumb.

"You've arrived," he said matter-of-factly, rising to his feet, the Tauros-loving child sliding off onto the bench with a small oomph. Looking around at the crowd - which was now murmuring about the new arrival - he continued abruptly, "My friend - yes, I was expecting you. We have business, right?"

He forced a smile, putting an arm around the Larvitar morph and leading her away from the confused throng with a long and forceful stride. In as quiet of a voice as he could manage, still widely audible, he said: "We need a plan. The others - where are they? Do they know -- "

Quite suddenly, an unnerving growl broke through both the din of bustling Pokéfans and his own sentence. He bared his teeth and gave the girl an intense look. "Also I need food."

The bus had come and gone, taking the boy with headphones with it. Benjamin rubbed his eyes, feeling worn out from being so hungry. He sat quietly for a few more minutes before he stood up and continued walking as he had been before. It wasn't long before he passed a park where some people (probably from the convention) were in costumes taking pictures of each other. As it happened, he was the nearest person to them and they asked him to take a group picture for him. He obliged, and snapped three photos for good measure. "Thanks! Like those headphones you got." said the man dressed as a Drifblim. With a nod and a "You're welcome," Benjamin handed the man back his camera.

Of course, it shocked him when he took it. Not really a gentle shock, either. He yelped and dropped the camera, waving his hand frantically. Benjamin tried to stammer an apology and stood half-stooped over the camera. He wasn't sure if he should pick it up since it was his fault it fell, or leave it there because he might shock the poor guy again.

He ended up not having to decide, because the man picked it up himself. "Don't worry. It happens." He shrugged. He looked at his camera and his eyes bulged. "My battery!" He exclaimed. "It was almost full! Now it's almost dead!"

"Your camera sucks, bro." Laughed a Scraggy-dressed fellow. Benjamin decided to slink away while the group pondered the mystery of the battery. He ended up across the street from the main location of the convention. He still hadn't seen any of the others, but maybe he'd have better luck here. He leaned against the window behind him (which, maddeningly enough, was another restaurant), and watched the main entrance. If any of the others were at this convention, or going to it, he'd most likely see them entering or leaving. It was the best plan he had right now, other than putting on some old rags and begging.

"That will be 200 Pokédollars."

Li Feng pulled the money from her purse and handed it to the cashier. She picked up the pair of sunglasses and put them on. The rims were in the shape of a Golbat's mouth. A little tacky, she thought to herself, but I guess they'll do.

"If I were you, I wouldn't be hiding those pretty eyes of yours. Where are you from?"

Li Feng turned to look the cashier dead in the eyes. After a moment of cold silence, she laughed quietly to herself and walked away.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•​

As she waited in line to enter the convention, Li Feng stared down at her fingernails. The venom she had carefully applied that morning would look just like black nail polish to anyone else. Nail polish, however, can't stop a man's heart from beating. She held them up to her face level so she could admire her handiwork. Just then, she felt someone pull her dress from behind her. She turned around at a lightning speed.

"L... Lady... I... I, uh..."

Her quick reflexes had startled the little girl standing there. She can't have been any older than six, and was wearing a crudely made Clefairy costume.

Li Feng smiled faintly, trying to calm down the frightened child. "I like your costume," she told the girl.

"Th... thanks. Are you a P... Pokémon too?"

Just then, the girl's mother walked up to her and took her by the hand. While the mother led the girl away, Li Feng heard her warning the child not to bother strangers.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•​

Li Feng didn't care much for conventions. This one was no different. The constant sea of people rushing back and forth made it difficult to concentrate. All of her senses were on high alert, as if she could be attacked at any instant. A man dressed as a Zangoose walked by, and she could feel her teeth clench as she squeezed her hands into fists.

Behind her, she heard a man laughing. The laugh triggered the same memory she had heard many times before in her dreams. That laugh, she thought to herself. It couldn't be...

Li Feng shook herself and remembered the task at hand. She had to regroup with the others. She may not have liked some of them, but she would have to find out more about them to see if they could help her. Perhaps they had the memories too...

As she walked through the convention center, she stopped in front of a girl sitting on a bench. It's the Poochyena girl, Li Feng thought, did she get separated as well?

"Hello," Li Feng uttered, as she took off her sunglasses, "Bell... was it?"

"Convention? What convention?"

"You know... the one that everyone is making the big fuss over. I mean, really, who shows up in this place in this time of year dressed like a Pokémon and doesn't know about the convention?" The man rolled his eyes, then pulled a golden stopwatch from his pocket. The cover was adorned with an intricate design, at the centre of which rested a Poké Ball crest. "It's really quite late, I should go. Good luck finding the convention... Lucky, was it?"

Lucy gritted her teeth and felt several volts of electricity crackling through her hands, and then quickly dulled it. Can't have anyone noticing that. Not here. Not now.

So a convention? I suppose the others would have made their way there, in a place where they would fit in-- at least relatively so. I should make my way there as well

Lucy approached a man, about forty in age, as he looked. He had greying hair, and wore a heavy coat and straight pants. "Hello, sir," Lucy said with a cute grin, sure to let her dimples show.

"Oh, hello, sweetie!" the man replied, an obviously forced look of adoration painted onto his face. "May I help you?" The niceness in his voice was fake and disgusting; Lucy almost wanted to hurl.

"Yes, I'm looking for the, uh, convention! Yes, the convention," she declared, trying her best to adopt the cute little quirks that adults seemed to love for some reason. Her hands were behind her back, clutching incessantly at her fingers; occasionally, she would lift an arm to brush a strand of black hair from her face. Her bottom lip was tucked comfortably below her upper teeth, and her eyes darted from side to side quickly. She was irresistible.

"Oh, the convention? I think you'll find that somewhere on Murkrow Boulevard: that's that way, if you didn't know," the man said, gesturing at a nearby road. Lucy marked it. "Just walk around a bit and you'll see a bunch of people dressed like Pokémon, you'll know you're in the right place!" The man faked a smile and hurried off.

Lucy rolled her eyes and sneered. What a loser. Without further ado, she began trotting towards the road she had marked in blue, brushing past others to reach her destination.

As was promised by the brown-nosed idiot she had acquainted with earlier, it did not take long for her to find the convention. There were people of all kinds bustling about, yelling and smiling and posing for photographs, all of them dressed like a Pokémon. One stuck out like a sore thumb; the Tauros guy, chatting with a woman. Lucy shuddered, electricity crackling over her neck. She would be sure not to go that direction. She would not enjoy a confrontation with him.

Maybe there were some others coming. Before entering the convention, Lucy looked about for other morphs that may be making their way in. There were certainly lots of windows around here; cities always irked Lucy, and this one was certainly no exception.

That was the Ampharos kid. He looked most uncomfortable, leaning on the window, surrounded by chatty tourists and loud locals. Perhaps she should help him out. Lucy grinned; she had been waiting for this. She made her way to him, and extended a hand. "Hey, I'm Lucy," she said. "I'm like you."

Good, he caught on really quickly. She had never done this kind of thing before - or didn't remember it at least - and she had a feeling this was too abrupt and tense to really fool anyone, but the crowd gave way before him anyways. Maybe it helped that he looked so intimidating and tough - even if they suspected something, who would bring it up to him?

No one would have done the same for her, but that was to be expected, right? She didn't look impressive, just weird.

"I --" Yes, where were the others? She didn't have much of an answer for him, and trying to spot them while walking was proving to be impossible. Not all of them were tall and had very visible horns, after all.

"I think they might be all somewhere in here. It's a good way to hide. But it makes it harder to find each other." That was what they were supposed to be doing, right? She had no other goal in mind, nothing that would help her figure out what to do. Meeting up with the others, staying together... that would be safer. What they did if they all found each other, or after they did -- she couldn't bear to think about that just yet.

Small steps were the important thing. At least she wasn't alone in looking for them now.

Food -- right, that was important, too. She met his gaze, frowning. "From what I saw, you have to buy the food here. I don't have any money, though." It was quite possible that Billius had more than enough funds to feed all of them, but she wasn't about to walk right into whatever scheme he had been planning. Just thinking about that made her skin itch.

There. The Luxray girl was heading near the entrance. But when she hesitated, so did Benjamin. He took a deep breath and didn't move, and then her eyes landed on him. He leaned back against the window as she approached. He expected her to pause for at least a good solid breath once she "arrived," but she was probably extending her hand before she ever came to a halt.

"Hey, I'm Lucy," she said. "I'm like you."

He suddenly straightened himself, coming off the window with a bit too much force and staggering forward a bit. "Uh, yeah, I know - I mean, Benjamin. Pleasure." He shook her hand. There was a slight hum as a current formed between them. "I mean, I knew you were - like me, that is - I mean, I remember you. Sort of." He felt like he'd dropped his tongue somewhere and he should be picking it up and dusting it off. He was still shaking her hand. "Sorry," He muttered at last under his breath as he retracted his hand and stuffed it in his pocket. He took a deep breath and straightened his back again.

His stomach grumbled loudly, and he asked, "It's probably a bit much to hope you've got money, isn't it?" Realizing that what he said was rather intrusive to most people, he added, "Sorry." Oh, yes, wonderful job making friends, Benjy. Quite the performance. He thought dismally.

Alexis hadn't meant to bump into the girl, but sometimes these things just happened. Luckily, he didn't collapse right on her but fell backwards himself.

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "I'm so-" The girl who he knocked over cut him off, and Alexis recoiled as she stuck her finger in his face.

He then fell flat on his back as she tackled him into a hug.

Alexis really hoped no one was staring.

It wasn't until the girl has stood up and introduced herself as Nikki that Alexis even got a good look at her, much less a good reading of her. Pink hair, cat ears, tail... Yeah, that was the Skitty girl, wasn't it? Alexis could feel the excitement and happiness come off of her in waves. Although it was over the top, her feelings did reassure him, along with finally finding someone that he recognized.

Shakily, he took Nikki's hand and pulled himself up.

"...My name's Alexis..." he said. Even though he couldn't look her in the eye, Alexis still smiled.

"Oh my gosh! Alexis! I love that name! Alexis, Alexis... I almost feel like I knew someone with that name. Someone other than you, I mean." She stuck a thoughtful finger on her chin. "Huh. Can't remember. Oh, well! Maybe I never knew anyone with that name. Can't remember much, actually, before this." She shrugged.

Nikki grinned at him as she let go of his hand. "Aw, you're just so cute!" she exclaimed, clasping her hands together in admiration for the boy. "I mean, in a good way, of course! But don't get any ideas; you're too young for me." She laughed at her own little joke, and her tail inadvertently began to bob behind her.

If she could have possibly become any happier than usual, it had just happened with her meeting the Ralts morph.

"But, ah, there were a few more of us, weren't there? Like that Tauros guy. And that boy with the headphones or whatever." The Skitty morph's eyes darted over to where many of the costumed people were heading. "I wonder if some of the others are there?" she thought aloud, and she turned to Alexis again. "You wanna come check with me? Better to stick together, right? Plus, I like you. I wanna be friends with you." She giggled.

Lucy giggled. "Don't worry about it, I would've asked the same thing," she assured. "Unfortunately, I'm out of money, for now. The moustache guy must have picked me clean before he dumped us here." She pulled her pockets out, to illustrate her point.

The Ampharos kid, or Ben, apparently, made Lucy smile. He was awkward, that was pretty clear, but Lucy felt the need to help him. They were more similar than any of the other morphs; she felt strangely akin to him. Besides, maybe he could be help if the Tauros guy ever decided to make a move.

"I know where we can get some, though. Watch and learn."

Lucy swept her hair behind her ear, putting on her cute face again. She approached a man wearing a fine suit; he surely had money to spare. "Hi there, sir," she said, standing in front of thevman and forcing him to stop. "My name is Lucy, and I live on the street all alone. I'm dying for a meal, if you could spare some money for me. I'd be so grateful, I'd do whatever you want in return."

A spark of lust burst into the man's eyes. Lucy was instantly disgusted, but kept up her act. "Anyth--? Yes, well, I suppose I have some money to spare for such a sweet girl in a less blessed situation," he said with a smile, handing Lucy a thick wad of bills. Jackpot!

"Thank you, sir," Lucy said quickly, and she darted off from the man's presence. He gave an exasperated sigh and shrugged, walking off: what was the point of giving if you didn't receive?

Lucy returned to Benjamin and handed him the stack of bills. "There you are," she said with a grin. "Maybe you can try it next time."

He was a little afraid of what Lucy would do when she got that look on her face. It wasn't just begging, of course, but closer to swindling. She didn't entirely lie (they were living on the street, after all), but it seemed indecent. Even so, Benjamin did not protest as she handed him the money. "I thought for sure he was going to try to do something about that. Call you a robber or something." Evidently, that man had so much money that he could afford to carry (and lose) large wads of cash at a time.

He flicked his fingers through it. Mostly small bills, but still enough to feed the two of them for at least a couple weeks. The whole group might get a few days out of it, even. "I think I'll leave it to you. I can't imagine I'd be much good at that." He split the cash, but only kept a third, giving the rest back to Lucy. "Thank you," He said, pocketing the money. "Unless you have any ideas on where to find the others, we should probably find something to eat." Suddenly, he wasn't upset by all the smells wafting from buildings everywhere. Suddenly, it was all accessible, all within reach.

As much as he'd have liked to eat somewhere like that fondue place, it wasn't very smart given their limited supply. Alternatively, they could now get into the convention without having to break any rules. It was possible the others had gotten in, even without money, and were wandering about. And then one more thing suddenly occurred to him. "Where do suppose we'll sleep?" He said out loud. "We won't have money for long if we have to rent a hotel room."

"That doesn't do much for us," the Tauros morph said, gritting his teeth. He continued to lead her through and around the clusters of excited people milling around and giving the pair not completely furtive looks. He wasn't sure who she was - well, she was one of his kind and didn't belong to this place, that was for sure, but what did that really mean? Were they bound together by their quality of exclusion?

His mind was racing as he struggled not to make his anxiety noticeable. He didn't exactly trust this girl, but he figured that there wasn't much of a choice to be made. At the very least, he wanted to make sure that no weakness was displayed to her or any of those potential enemies that might be watching.

He grunted and withdrew his arm from the Larvitar morph without a change in facial expression. She was right about one thing, though: they needed money. They needed sustenance. They desperately required to find some sort of way to survive. He was becoming convinced that it wouldn't exactly be clandestine.

"First things first. We find the others. And, " he paused, glancing at her frowning face, "we find the man. We bring retribution."

Stopping, he extended a rigid hand to the girl as he pushed back his hair with the other, doing his best to obscure his ... gifts.

"Eskandar Rostami."

Well... he was right. It didn't.

What were their options? Leto could try to get money, by... what? Ramming into people by accident and trying to fish for their wallets at the same time? What if she hurt them? She looked down at her hands briefly. She wasn't the kind of person suited to trickery, or stealth, or just being quick. Strength seemed to be more her thing. Maybe that was why she'd sought him out.

Or maybe just that he was the tallest and easiest to spot. That seemed more practical by far.

The plan - it wasn't much of one, but it wasn't like they had anything else to go on at this point - was simple, and to the point. Retribution sounded risky, but then... was it fair to let that creep get away with thinking he could just do whatever he wanted to them? It could be safer to just strike first, maybe. She nodded firmly, only to be put off as he held out his hand.

She blinked at his hand dumbly, and then carefully took it. He looked tough enough that her grip probably wouldn't have made him flinch, but it was better to practice not accidentally having a death grip.

"Leto Abdima."

There were probably pleasantries and polite things to say at this moment, but she couldn't think of any that really fitted the situation. It's not like they were friends, but they were... the same. That meant they had to stay together.

Anything was better than being alone.

"We should find some place that stands out. Where they might pass by, or something," Leto said quietly, casting another uncertain glance at the area around them.

It wouldn't really be that easy, would it?

Callie breathed a sigh of relief as she entered the building and was greeted completely normally - by no one. It seemed that actual attendants had to wait in line to buy a badge for the convention (resembling, but not identical to, Goldenrod City's gym badge), but as luck would have it, the Pokédollars left in her pocket came up too short to try. She didn't think she could haggle a discount for this sort of thing; she didn't think she could talk her way out of anything in a situation like this.

In any case, she now had a place to hang out for the day, at least as long as she wasn't found and kicked out - amongst the large crowd of people, that seemed unlikely. She didn't see a security worker anywhere around here, and as long as she stayed calm and avoided looking suspicious, there would be no reason to target her, right?

She should find something to do, she figured, if she wanted to act natural. (Though there were many people just sitting around the walls and talking or people-watching.) She heard there were presentations (called panels, she noted for later) around here somewhere, and she should probably try to start looking for the others, or perhaps she could try to find something to eat -

She saw two "costumes" that seemed far more realistic than those the typical convention-goers donned. As she came closer, she became surer of their status as pokémorphs - though also a bit surer of intimidating they looked, big horns and scary eyes and... bare feet? Why weren't they wearing shoes? (She supposed the convention didn't have a "no shirt, no shoes, no service," policy, then.)

"Oh! Uhm," she said as she approached, unprepared even as she initiated the conversation. "Hellooo... I guess? I found you! We don't quite have a pokémorph party yet, but if we stay together I think we can find the others a lot more quickly, since we might have trouble with getting back to each other if we split up - that's what I assumed the gathering was for, sorry if I'm interrupting you two or anything. I'm Callie Aviery; I don't think I've ever caught either of your names back... there?"

She gestured vaguely, and hoped they knew where "there" was.

Back
Top Bottom