• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rate The Video Game Song Above!

Thorne

It's feeding time
Seeing that people complain about how I(and some others) post video game songs in "Rate the Song Above!", I took the matter into my own hands and made it impossible for people to complain about such things by doing a separate thread for it.
It's simple, the poster above post a song, and the next person comments on it and posts another one, repeat process.

I'll begin, by posting Rundas' battle theme - Metroid Prime 3

Amazing bass in the beginning. I'm also loving the rock beat on this song and the synth breaks. If I had to find be really nitpicky and find a criticism, it doesn't have much in the way of melody, but it sounds great. 9/10.

And now I present the song I have been compulsively listening to for days now: Bubble Man's Stage from Mega Man 2.

Fun fact: It was a remix of this song that sent me on my wild Mega Man kick. Love this song so goddamn much. Keep in mind that it is an NES tune and therefore is kind of limited. Still, for what they had, they really worked it well.

8/10 I'm not a huge fan of Bubble Man's theme, it's not my favorite, but I do like its Rockman 2 Complete Works remix.

My next one, is the main battle theme of the best RPG I played last year (Yes, it was better than Tales of Vesperia. Vesperia's Part 3 had sooo many things wrong with it, and it pulled an Abyss, and rushed itself massively.), and possibly one of the best period, Persona 4's Reach Out to the Truth. I had a hell of a time choosing between this, and music from other MegaTen games ;_;

I know technically this isn't the final battle though, but the one that comes after this is scripted, and impossible to lose, so I don't count it.

Last edited:
Heh, that's what everyone says about that one, and Persona 3's battle theme. There's no in between, you either like'em, or hate'em.

Anyways, gotta give Zero-2 9/10. It's really good, but not the greatest thing, in my opinion.

Dance of Pales - Castlevania: Nocturne in the Moonlight/Symphony of the Night
Music from my favorite game, in my favorite series. It plays when Alucard is in Olrox's Quarters. It's just my opinion, but Castlevania is the only series with absolutely perfect music. From the classics like Vampire Killer, and Bloody Tears, to this. Michiru Yamane, simply put, works some sort of magic when she's composing.

I've never played the game, but I'm assuming that's Super Dimentio shown in the video.

8/10. I loved the marimbas and the beat.

Hmm... how about this? It's the Halo Finale music heard in the final mission in Halo 3. My favourite musical score in a video game to date. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDEscgiTa8&feature=related For some reason you can't hear the piano... :(

EDIT: Apparently at the very end you can hear the final few notes that it plays.

My next one, is the main battle theme of the best RPG I played last year (Yes, it was better than Tales of Vesperia. Vesperia's Part 3 had sooo many things wrong with it, and it pulled an Abyss, and rushed itself massively.), and possibly one of the best period, Persona 4's Reach Out to the Truth. I had a hell of a time choosing between this, and music from other MegaTen games ;_;
i love you. I'm not gonna even go into a post about how much this post is w1n.

The music from Persona 3/4 is really great, but during the game it can be REALLY repetitive. Srsly. I liek it though.

@PG: Greatness. Love Halo and it's music. <3

Now, in honor of fucking Persona 4, Ima gonna post another song from it.
The Genesis

8/10 It's an awesome song, but it's got nothing on Battle Hymn of the Soul. I really like the end of it too.

Next one, in Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2's main battle theme; Battle for Survival
It's the very pinnacle of what a battle theme in a JRPG like this should be.

9/10, Canvas Curse was AWESOME. Though I don't really have the right to say it's the best DS Kirby, since I still haven't even played Squeak Squad, or the Superstar remake.

Iron Blue Intention - Castlevania Bloodlines for the Genesis/Megadrive. The music for Stage 4 - Nazi German Munitions Factory. I don't see why we aren't in Transylvania, but given the fact that this game takes place during World War II, I guess it makes sense. This is one of the 'Classics' I mentioned in my previous Castlevania post. I'll have to get a little more classic later though, and post one of the million versions of Vampire Killer though.

Back
Top Bottom