• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

*headdesk* DAMMIT WE ALL SUCK

A question. If say, I try out for Novice, could I try for Advanced later, or do I have to get promoted from there?

If you get approved as novice and want a promotion, you can PM me with a request to have one of your reffings in an actual battle evaluated. I guess you could do the advanced mock instead, but it seems like that would be unnecessary extra work.

You paid me for an e-reffing again, and you linked to my recently accepted challenge instead of the you vs. moony I reffed.

I mean, unless I should be getting paid for the e-reffings again

Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Darrin
Let's crush this nobody, Rayquaza! Start off with a swords dance to boost your power, then bring down the house with an earthquake. If spinda has any clones, use sandstorm--otherwise, dragon claw!

Is this really a Rayquaza? Or some Pokemon nicknamed Rayquaza
Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask. Meh.

wtf Rayquaza vs Spinda

Let’s give this another shot... And an attempt to write more >.>

Originally Posted by Elite Trainer Darrin
Style: 1 vs 1
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: Far Shore

A quiet beach in a temperate region, with wide stretches of sand interrupted by tall outcroppings of rock, many of which are riddled with caves. Beyond the beach are grassy plains that stretch on into the distance.

Mouse36
spinda
Spots, female Spinda
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Elite Trainer Darrin
rayquaza
Rayquaza, Genderless
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

ROUND 1

The two Trainers appear on the horizon of the Far Shore, and each nod to the referee. The arena seems like a nice, quaint spot, but will probably end up destroyed by the end of the match. The sun is high in the sky, just before mid-day. The referee raises her hand, and motions for the two Trainers to begin.

Mouse36 moves first. She/he throws a Pokeball to the sand, and a Spinda forms from the red light. The Spinda, Spots, twirls in a circle, and faces the rival Trainer with a shaky smile. Elite Trainer Darrin smirks at the Spinda, and throws down his own Pokeball. A shape easily twenty times bigger than the Spinda forms, and thins out into... Rayquaza? It roars at Spots, making her quiver and mutter something, probably a swear word. Rayquaza starts to move in a quick dance, crossing its arms, and twisting in tight circles. It roars again, feeling even more powerful. Spots jumps, and thinks about her orders. She looks directly at the dragon, and locks eyes with it. Neither of them move for a second, and Spots suddenly feels the rush of energy Rayquaza did. The dragon twitches, and both Pokémon look away.

Rayquaza hisses under its breath, and slams its giant tail on the ground. A cloud of sand rises up, and the ground starts to shake. Spots cries out and dives to the ground. She is thrown by the rippling ground, somewhat dulled by the sand. Spots cries for it to stop, and the Rayquaza roars with laughter at the little Spinda. As soon as the earthquake stops, Spots gets up and acts immediately. She starts to spin in a wide circle, continually getting faster. On points in the circle images of Spots freeze, and Spots stops. The five copies move with her, raising an arm, and stepping forward to face Rayquaza.

The green serpent lowers its tail, and uses it to throw up some sand. It continues, and sand starts to swirl in the air. Spots and her clones cover their faces with their hands, and step backwards. All six suddenly go limp, and murmur something together. Rayquaza leans forward. What are they doing? The six Spindas suddenly look up at the dragon and jump forwards. Rayquaza feels a single hit bounce off its hide, before feeling a weak jolt of energy sting the spot on his tail. Spots and clones land on the beach with a thump, and both Pokémon rub some sand from their eyes. All six Spindas look to their Trainer, and the giant Rayquaza whips the ground with the tip of its tail, waiting for a command.

Mouse36
spinda
Spots, female Spinda
Health: 88%
Energy: 90%
Attack +1

Elite Trainer Darrin
rayquaza
Rayquaza, Genderless
Health: 96%
Energy: 88%
Attack +1​

Notes[/s]
-wtf Rayquaza vs Spinda >_<
-Earthquake weakened by 2% because of the sand.
-Colours and sprites, woo?
-Elite Trainer Darrin attacks first
-Mouse36 attacks
-I ref

Woo, another failtry. >_< *hopes*

Last edited:
you chose confusing commands on purpose didn't you >:(

RIGHT because i'm feeling self-detrimental and i want to see if i can do it, let's try the expert mock~~

LugiaTyranitarHo-oh said:
2 vs. 2
Two out at a time
Damage caps: 45%
DQ: Standard (one week)
Style: Standard (set)
Arena: The Timberline Resort. A ski lodge at the foot of Mt. Coronet on the North Side. The Lodge is known to be a shelter for rough storms. The battle shall take place outside, whether through freezing Snowstorms are hailstorms. At the bottom of the hill is a vast forest of trees that can survive in this harsh meadows. Weather changing moves are impossible to cast due to the harsh climate. If You do any damage to the Ski Lodge or the Ski lift, the Blissey who runs the inn will come out at whip you her frying pan, causing you 5% (i.e. using fire at the inn). Also, if anything (i.e. Ski Lift or trees) fall on you, it will be 15%
Special conditions:
- Healing moves are restricted to three per Pokémon. Chills are restricted to five.
- Surf/Dive are banned. All water is unless melted, via fire. All rock using moves have an ice touch (seeing as you’re throwing snowballs).
- Weather-altering moves are banned.

EarthTone (OO)
Kylo Torchic (M) <Blaze>
HP: 99%
Energy: 70%
Heals: 0/3
Chills: 0/5
Status: Amazed not to have been attacked for most of the match, badly Poisoned (1% damage, 2% next round), infatuated (moderate, Spiritra).
Commands: Agility ~ Aerial Ace (@ Bells) ~ Peck (@ Bells)

Toji Squirtle (F) <Torrent>
HP: 57%
Energy: 57%
Commands: Protect ~ Icy Wind ~ Ice Punch (@ Bells)

LugiaTyranitarHo-oh (OO)
Bells Bellsprout (M) <Chlorophyll>
HP: 74%
Energy: 64%
Commands: Climb/Giga Drain (@ Toji) ~ Giga Drain (@ Toji)/Solar Beam (@ Toji) ~ SolarBeam (@ Toji)/Razor Leaf

Spiritra Mismagius (F) <Levitate>
HP: 66%
Energy: 51%
Status: Feeling good, Sub at 11% HP, Special Attack +1, Special Defense +1
Commands: Chill ~ Demon's Dance (@ Kylo)/Thunderwave(@ Toji)/Thunderbolt(@ Toji) ~ Demon's Dance (@ Kylo)/Ominous Wind

-Round X-

The trainers and Pokemon alike are so focused on the intense battle that they aren't even paying attention to the extreme cold up here in the northern reaches of Sinnoh (except Kylo, who is moreso focused on Spiritra). Toji is the first to take action, focusing her inner energy into a sphere of concentrated sphere around her to shield from anything that comes her way. Spiritra is moves next, or rather, doesn't move, taking the time to relax and make up some lost energy. She does, however make a point to do nothing in as distractingly hot a manner possible for Kylo. It works, to some extent, as it takes the little phoenix chick a little longer to take his eyes off of the ghostly maiden and carry out his commands. The Torchic snaps out of it for the time being, and quickly darts around the field and his opponents, loosening up his muscles and trying not to embarrass himself in front of Spiritra by tripping in the snow.

Fortunately, he manages to pull this off and feels much more confident in his speed and Spiritra's attraction to him. Grudgingly ignoring Kylo's show offish maneuvers, Bells murmurs an ancient grass type incantation to the spirits of the trees around them, asking them to suck the life from the impudent little Squirtle across from him, and replenish his own. It is in vain however, as even the mightiest of spirits can't penetrate Toji's shield. Thankful for her safety, the small blue turtle lets the dome collapse, its job done.

[Kylo- HP: 99% Energy: 67% Toji- HP: 57% Energy: 52%] [Bells- HP: 74% Energy: 59% Spiritra- HP: 66% Energy: 66% Substitute at 11% HP]

Almost instantly taking advantage of the lack of a shield around Toji, Spiritra fires off a (relatively) low voltage jolt of electricity at the Squirtle. It doesn't do any harm to the turquoise turtle, however it does leave her stunned for quite a while. Kylo, as usual, takes no notice to his partner's torture. To him, the only ones there are he and Spiritra, and all of his attention is on her. He can't tear his eyes away from her. No matter the fact that his trainer is yelling at him to attack loud enough to potentially cause an avalanche that would doom them all. He doesn't care.

Off in his little corner, Bells whispers the same incantation, again hoping the spirits of the pines around them would do him the favor of removing some of Toji's health and placing some of it in him. Evidently, he did it right this time, and several green globules of energy float out of the turtle's shell and into Bells, replenishing a small amount of his health. Despite the pain from that last attack and her paralysis, Toji convinces herself to pick up the slack for her partner. The Squirtle inhales a big breath of ice cold air, then heaves it out in a weak gust of snow and ice filled wind, mostly aimed at Bells, although some of it hits Spiritra's Substitute. While the Sub is not affected by the cold, Bells most certainly is- to the point where some of her (usually fairly limber) joints start to ice up. The plant scowls at the turtle, preparing a powerful surprise for her down the road.

[Kylo- HP: 99% Energy: 67% Toji- 47% Energy: 47%] [Bells- HP: 73% Energy: 54% Spiritra- HP: 66% Energy: 62% Substitute at 9% HP]

Not before Spiritra can finish muttering to the spirits of the dead to get off their non-existant bums and help her out, however. To most, the sight of the hundreds of ghosts swarming in to batter Toji and Kylo is blurred into a ghastly purple cloud blowing in. Their scratches and bites, though, are no less painful to the Squirtle and Torchic. It is only when the thick cloud of spirits dissipates that Kylo notices someone else- Bells. Competition! he thinks, assuming the Bellsprout can only be up to no good near his beloved Spiritra. In his mind, there is only one thing to be done- beat the living tar out of the little prick. Fortunately for his trainer, his jealousy leads him to the same action he had just ignored. The chick waddles over to the (now slightly glowing) flower Pokemon, rears up, and slams his beak straight in his little bulbous face.

The sudden impact startles Bells into releasing the charged solar energy that was making him glow, but it doesn't really matter, since he was about to fire it anyways. The energy fires straight in a highly concentrated beam, aimed straight at Toji. The blast sends the turtle (who happens to be smaller than the circumference of the beam) flying backwards, and manages to smash the door to the lodge. Before anyone has any time to react, a severely enraged Blissey (quite the rare sight indeed) storms out of the hole that used to be a door, marches over to Bells, grabs a frying pan out of hammerspace, and whacks the Bellsprout square in the face.

Just as Toji pulls herself up to start to laugh at Bells' misfortune (embarrassing the enemy is half the battle!), every muscle in her body seizes in slight pain, at almost the exact same time as Kylo starting to go into an extreme coughing fit as a side effect of the toxins plaguing his body. Toji allows her body to fall into the snow, the first one to realize just how beautiful the snow really is up here.

EarthTone (OO)
Kylo Torchic (M) <Blaze>
HP: 93%
Energy: 65%
Status: Growing a bit suspicious of Spiritra. Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next), Infatuated (slight, Spiritra), Speed +2
Agility ~ infatuated ~ Peck (@Bells)

Toji Squirtle (F) <Torrent>
HP: 16%
Energy: 47%
Protect ~ Icy Wind ~ paralyzed

LugiaTyranitarHo-oh (OO)
Bells Bellsprout (M) <Chlorophyll>
HP: 63%
Energy: 45%
Status: Wondering just where that Blissey came from... +1 Special Attack, -1 Speed
Giga Drain (failed) ~ Giga Drain ~ Solarbeam

Spiritra Mismagius (F) <Levitate>
HP: 66%
Energy: 57%
Status: Laughing at everyone else's misfortune inside. Special Attack +1, Special Defense +1, Sub at 9%
chill ~ Thunder Wave ~ Ominous Wind

Battle Notes:
-Kylo was infatuated on the second action.
-Toji was paralyzed on the third action.
-Solarbeam destroyed the door to the lodge, causing the Blissey to attack.
->:( @ confusing commands. YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE DIDN'T YOU

Back
Top Bottom