• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

One-Shot Revenge

savol456

"Woot Woot Raise the taxes." -cheif of partying
Pronoun
he
The little Pidgey circled around the creature.
Its body a mass if stone.
It was responsible for the death of the flock.
He had to avenge his fallen brethren the only was he knew how: slay the beast.

He rose higher until he was at a nice elevation for a strike.
He flipped his body, folding his wings in.
As he descended he began to spin. Whether that would slow him down or speed him up he could not recall.*
But terminal velocity would deal with that. Adrenaline was the only thing fueling his thoughts.
He slammed down on the beast in hopes of a strong strike, but instead was met with a sudden jolt of pure pain as his beak slammed against the skin of the monster.
He fell off onto the ground with a loud thud.
Pain shocked in waves coursing through his body.
He ached to where he could hardly stand. His eyes red with blood.*
The only thing he could trust to hold him was the air which then reassured him with a breeze.

He stood tall and trusted the wind to keep him up.
He jumped off using thermals to guide him up.
He turned and gave a swift gust to the beast but it didn't even notice it! He flew around a few more times striking it but to no avail.
This creature could withstand and attack he threw at it! He'd never defeat it!
... He'd never defeat it...
Sorrow echoed with his pains. If he was to die, it needed to be by his own choice. He would not sit around and let the beast rage through once more.
No, the foul monster would have nothing to do with it at all!

He rose up a final time, the last of his life, and let go.
The air which had promised to hold him up finally let him go, to meet with the ground for a final confrontation.
His mind began to process faster than time passed.
This was it. He would embrace the ground with all he could.*
He noticed tears had formed in his eyes as he counted of the distance:
Yes. All the pain and suffering would be over in mere moments now!

But as he dropped, only about 10 feet from the ground he saw it: the walking rock moved in his way, oblivious to the fact that he was interrupting the pre-determined connection with the ground.
And that's what happened.
The pidgey's head connected with the skin, snapping his beak and breaking his frame.

He was some how still alive when he hit the ground.
Fading fast, his last thoughts were "The damn Ryhdon, it is the death of us all."

Critique? This was entirely though of in about five minutes and tweaked slightly as it was typed so I doubt this is ended up with good quality.
What should I have done better?

Well, it was okay. I couldn't find anything really good about it, and I couldn't find anything bad about it. The main problem with it is that nothing really stands out; you clearly tried to put emotion in there, but... well, I don't feel very emotional. A longer length and perhaps First Person narration may change that.

Maybe it's just me being biased, because I'm not used to pieces that are lined out like this. It's kind of more like a poem, to be honest.

But still, it's tons better than the ones with no grammar. And it's completely original to boot.

Back
Top Bottom