• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sherlock Mafia

standard lover gets to choose the other one.

IN ANY CASE, one maf, one lover, and one unknown innocent are dead. this unknown innocent is either terrorist, sherlock, a doc, the vig, lestrade, or mrs. hudson. (else we'd know due to side-effects.) I have information enough to confidently rule out mrs. hudson and nearly enough to rule out sherlock.

Last edited:
To her side, holding her hand, was somebody else that Sherlock instantly recognised: John Watson, pistol in his other hand and a gunshot wound to his head.

On the desk was a note in John's handwriting that Sherlock quickly read: "Found Molly here after she called me - there was something wrong. I can't live without her, Sherlock (I know you'll find this first). Life must go on though. Find the person who did this."

THIS MAKES ME UNREASONABLY SAD. ;~;

Back to the actual Mafia thing, it looks like Mycroft took out Molly and, by proxy, John (so we're a Doctor down?), which makes me think the Mafia missed out on killing someone again. Which is, you know, good, but we might have an activated alien or something?

oh. it specifies watson. that certainly simplifies things.

what I don't understand is why you're so certain that it was the vig instead of the mafia. perhaps you might have some insider information? (if so, please tell us who the alien is!)

Haha, it's just my obsession with the show - Mycroft is the vigilante, and is never seen without his pimpin' umbrella. Like so. (okay, he doesn't usually look quite so evil, but he's still a BAMF)

With yesterday's almost-definite vigilante-kill:
On the floor was a man in his thirties, but his side impaled unorthodoxly by an umbrella stained red with blood. He was quite clearly dead.
And today's:
the disfigured body of a young woman, not much older than twenty-five, yet another brightly coloured umbrella through her side
I assume it has to be a vigilante kill.

ETA two things:

1. The art I linked is not mine.

2. What we should be asking is - did John shoot himself in the right or left side of his head?

Because he was left-handed and it requires

30vhri8.gif

quite a bit of contortion!

(I am so sorry, I couldn't help myself - this has nothing to do with the Mafia game and just me being silly)

Last edited:
That's a question - how much information can we infer from the flavour-text? I think it's logical to assume that the deaths were because one victim was a lover, and I think the killings with an umbrella are pretty conclusive of a vigilante-kill (we know the mafia didn't kill the victim in Day 1, so it's not their MO), but should we assume that we're a Doctor down because John's dead? Will we know the roles of all the named characters who get killed from the information we're given?

Back
Top Bottom