• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

hello don't mind me I'm just selling popcorn
iu

price is only 1 reaction. take as much as you want. cheers <3

the other issue i have with representatives is that it seems easy for mafia to weasel themselves into the process, maybe even electing a member of their own as the rep?
I don't disagree, but can you expand on this please? Why is that bad?
Also, we can have different representatives on different days.
the other issue i have with representatives is that it seems easy for mafia to weasel themselves into the process, maybe even electing a member of their own as the rep?
yeah also this, esp since we inevitably kind of lose the spontaneity of EoD this way :p
hmm all right. Also someone mentioned a mafia member maybe not voting at EoD on purpose. It would still look weird though, and cast more suspicion of them?

Also, to be sure:
@Seshas @IndigoEmmy does the popularity scale affect zoruas the same way as snoms? As in, does voting for snoms decrease their popularity and voting for zoruas increase it?
Also, do all votes affect popularity or only final ones?
Also also, do we get the vote count at the end of the day and is the vote count afected by popularity visible to us?
Sorry for so many questions lol.

Thank you, Ysabel, that’s cool!
You're welcome and thanks as well, Keldeo!
Can I ask, do you prefer playing as town or non-town, and why?
I prefer playing as non-town. As third party, you get to watch all the mess with all you really have to do is blend in and help maintain the balance between town and mafia. As mafia, you get to brainstorm with your buddies and you already know who to trust, so it's easier in a way.
What do you think are the most important traits for a town and for a mafia?
For town, I'd say being able to read people. Ignoring night actions, which can also be helpful, but not if you can't read people in day chat. Reading people and analyzing posts. And maybe preferably being more logical than emotional, heh. For mafia it's distracting and blending in. Being able to seem like you're helping without actually helping. Analyzing and making reads is also important, but not as much since you already have more info.

How do you usually go about looking for mafia when you are town?
I have tried a few ways. On my first game as townie I tried making questions and speculating, though that brought some suspicion to me. Eh, I could go into more details with this, but I don't think that's too important right now. Other than that, maybe still ask questions and try to be helpful to fellow townies, like explaining a strategy. What I'm doing this game, at least for this phase, is taking notes about people's posts, and trying to decide who to trust.

Going to sleep now, hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow with the posts I missed xD see ya. 👋

I don't disagree, but can you expand on this please? Why is that bad?

my concern i think got more generally/succinctly explained by keldeo, which is just the overall issues with consensus voting not hitting mafia. i was mostly just thinking about mafia pushing a consensus towards a townie, and then since only the representative votes it becomes a lot harder to analyze who was pushing to kill town

it might be sort of beating a dead horse at this point but if the options are "play it safe and preserve popularity levels" or "get organic votecount analysis/avoid consensus and pre-agreed upon wagons" i just don't see the relative merit in the first option. especially not d1

granted i think this is also just kinda me grumbling about how, to me, keeping in convention seems easier/overall better than changing it up for the sake of a new mech that i just haven't really absorbed yet. and i am probably speaking too soon about this seeing as we aren't even in voting season yet really, but i guess there's not much else for me to latch onto yet (re-reading the thread would help but that's for tomorrow-me)

i guess like. even if it's a vote simulation sort of scenario i think it inherently loses a lot of the characteristics that make votecount analysis useful - such as wagon scattering in the last few minutes of EoD, etc - by nature of having to reach some agreement so that the appointed rep can place the vote. i get your point about being able to swap representatives around and i don't think i share the fear (that i think someone else mentioned?) about the rep just going absent/acting out of turn or whatever, but i think it's like ... it removes some freedom of movement that i personally find important in post-EoD analysis

Good news everyone! We resolved the ice cream situation, and they will trade me an unopened one :D

I'm very "no thoughts, head empty" at the moment. People have a lot of valid points about voting/no voting and how it contributes to mech analysis. Since popularity debuffs mostly come into play in vote ties, perhaps trying to swing a majority is better if we have some kind of idea about whom of 2+ people is more suspicious.

Additionally for folks who want to preserve any night powers they have, it may be better for them to keep their own analysis of their current social rank a secret. 👀 GMs said popularity values won't be public, so with that in mind someone who refuses to vote could be seen as an easy power role kill by mafia goons.

Back
Top Bottom