• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

something mafia [INNOCENTS WIN]

Re: something mafia [day 2]

For once, I actually agree with abstaining. Meowth said something in the first post about roles' powers being conditional on other factors in the game, and that powers can be removed. I think that might mean that we have linked roles (e.g. Cop Enabler) which would be quite a big loss for us if we killed one, no matter how inactive they may be in the game. With no leads at all, it's probably a better idea not to take chances.

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA

What if the mafia can't kill unless we lynch?

It's just a random crazy idea, but... we didn't lynch on day zero (whatever you call it before the game starts) and there was no kill. We didn't kill then so no more kill! But that doesn't really help us get rid of the mafia, does it? Unless we all roleclaim so we can out the frauds and inspectors inspect and stuff.

That's pretty crazy and probably wrong, but still.

That's possible, but there's no way to tell unless we abstain again and the mafia don't kill again. Then again it could still just be the mafia not killing, so it seems like there's no way to tell unless a mafia member tells us. And what if they're lying anyway?!

I still vote to lynch Escavalier.

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA

What if the mafia can't kill unless we lynch?

It's just a random crazy idea, but... we didn't lynch on day zero (whatever you call it before the game starts) and there was no kill. We didn't kill then so no more kill! But that doesn't really help us get rid of the mafia, does it? Unless we all roleclaim so we can out the frauds and inspectors inspect and stuff.

That's pretty crazy and probably wrong, but still.

This is actually the thought I had. And if it's true, we can sit tight while the inspectors discover all the mafia. Guys, come on, there is absolutely no reason to lynch. The only people who benefit will be the mafia. To all of you who have changed your vote: what convinced you? Why were you happy to abstain earlier, and now equally happy to bandwagon? This goes for you especially, Tailsy. >:(

Sometimes I wonder if people actually think about these things. There are eighteen players; the vast majority are innocent; the odds of lynching helping are very small. The odds of not lynching helping are much, much higher, even if the only thing we get is more information.

Mai: out of solidarity for having the same idea, would you like to change your vote back to no lynch? :D

Bandwagon = Escavalier

Also, some people are starting to sound suspicious by almost begging people to abstain.

Bandwagon = Escavalier

Also, some people are starting to sound suspicious by almost begging people to abstain.

How many times do I have to say it? Randomly lynching benefits the mafia. If anything, the people insisting on lynching Green are suspicious.

I really don't know what to say o_0

I've been cursed with COMPUTER BAN, sorry for inactivity D:

It's been lifted, thank goodness.

Eh, because bandwagons are hard to stop, Excavalier

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Eh, because bandwagons are hard to stop, Excavalier

How to stop a bandwagon: don't jump on it

Last edited:

Opaltiger sounds correct.... I'll switch my vote to abstain.

It wasn't a very powerful bandwagon in the first place.

Your point about what-if-the-mafia-can't-kill-unless-we-lynch is convincing enough for me to withdraw my vote, but I'm still not sold on abstainment. All I can say is once the Mafia do kill, we had better effing go in guns blazing with a lynch - even a random one if we have no leads - or else they'll just pick us off.

I really hope our inspector(s?) is/are actually turning in his/her/their night actions, though.

(Normally there's only one inspector, but some people are using the plural apparently comfortably for the inspector"s". I'm not going to ask you to explain yourselves because I don't want the inspector(s) outed before he/she/they find a/all mafia, but... I noticed this and I may either be hitting on something important or totally overblowing a meaningless slip of the tongue.)

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL VOTE TO LYNCH JUST TO PISS OFF OPAL, THAT'S WHAT I THINK

(Normally there's only one inspector, but some people are using the plural apparently comfortably for the inspector"s". I'm not going to ask you to explain yourselves because I don't want the inspector(s) outed before he/she/they find a/all mafia, but... I noticed this and I may either be hitting on something important or totally overblowing a meaningless slip of the tongue.)

I'm guessing there's at least more than one investigative role, but probably not two simple inspectors - there could be a tracker, a naive cop... at the very least there'll probably be at least one insane role just because they're fun, unless Meowth has some sort of weird aversion to them. >:(

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL VOTE TO LYNCH JUST TO PISS OFF OPAL, THAT'S WHAT I THINK

Haha, great idea.

But seriously, without random lynches, there will likely be no mafia lynches until we have some reliable inspections/very suspicious people.
Inactive lynching is also good for dropping dead weight.

Re: something mafia [day 3]

Day 3

hey guess what

Nobody died last night.
48 hours for discussion.

(incidentally, all night actions are voluntary and none are randomised.)

Day 3

hey guess what

Nobody died last night.
48 hours for discussion.

(incidentally, all night actions are voluntary and none are randomised.)

I'm still uneasy about this whole no deaths thing.

Meowth pointing out that no actions are randomized sounds like the Mafia may be inactive, in which case it may or may not be safe to lynch once we have just some Mafia, instead of waiting for all of them.

If there is/are any inspector(s) who have any Mafia (not necessarily all of them) I'm thinking it may be good to go ahead and get this game out of the actionless muck it's in now? Does anybody agree with me?

Of course, if our inspectors are inactive too, then we're just sitting here waiting on nothing and the game will last forever.

Okay, yes, it now seems likely that the mafia is inactive. It would have been nice if we'd known they could get away without killing earlier (and, incidentally, this is exactly why they shouldn't be able to :P).

What to do? Shame the "people who have viewed this thread" box is gone.

Really?! What a disappointment...

Let's go with lynching inactive again, what do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom