• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Spring 2012 Timetables

I'm sorry, I can't feel it over the halo of my arts degree surrounding my fabulously cushy grey matter.

Next semester I'm technically doing seven modules, but only five of those seven have any lectures (one is a coursework based module that has labs and other things, but no regular lectures, and the other is a field course that takes place in June/July in Kenya). I am reconsidering my choice of some modules so I may end up with a different timetable, but this is what my weeks look like so far:

MONDAY
0900: Genes and Development 1
1210: Comparative Cell Biology and Cell Death
1310: Genes and Development 1
1410: Genome Expression and Organisation
1610: Genome Expression and Organisation

(i am not going to enjoy mondays. luckily, genome expression was the one I wanted to change even before I saw my timetable, so.)

TUESDAY
1410: Comparative Cell Biology and Cell Death

(this day may look brilliant, but it's not. it's actually probably the worst day in my week and has already proven to be the most difficult day to actually attend. when you only have one lecture at like two pm it's kind of hard to wake up for it. or go if you're already awake, because hey it's only one lecture, right?)

WEDNESDAY
0900: Plant Development and Physiology

(nooooooo bane of my life. ; ; I hate plants, srs, and I've already had to deal with plants at nine am all year. it kind of ruins my Tuesdays actually because the only night I go out is Tuesday night and this means I can't actually GO OUT out, I have to just go to the pub and come home early)

THURSDAY
1510: Plant Development and Physiology

(see Wednesday's entry. i guess this day would be a good going-out day if I had like, anywhere to go on a Wednesday.)

FRIDAY
1210: Eukaryotic Micro-organisms
1610: Eukaryotic Micro-organisms

(i don't mind this one so much really because it's exactly the same as this semester, except i've got ecology now and mico then.)​

I think in all it's an okay timetable, but there are several things I'd like to do to it to make it better. That basically involves putting everything from Wednesday onwards into Tuesday and giving myself a five day weekend, but alas that is not possible. ; ; Mondays will probably be the easiest day to attend because it's so full, and I predict Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays will be rather difficult. I may swap out either Genes and Development 1 or Genome Expression and Organisation for Animal Behaviour, though (I can only swap those two because they're optionals, not cores, and my field course option is pretty much concrete now so I can't get rid of that).

Animal Behaviour would make Tuesdays far more bearable but would dent Monday's charm, although not by a whole lot. IDK what to do, really! I'll have to see how the first week of lectures goes and, if I don't like the content of one of my modules, I'll see about changing.

jufxva.jpg

Once again I registered too late to get into the Biology I need, but I'm going to be keeping an eye on it in case someone in that class right now doesn't pay their fees by Jan 4 and their schedules get purged. I really want that class so I can drop that stupid phys ed class that happens during the nerd club meetings. If I have to abandon nerd club I will cry because it's the only club here I'm interested in at all- also I'm supposed to be doing the t-shirt designs for Omnicon and stuff and it'll be kind of hard to keep in touch with everyone if I can't attend any meetings

Other than that it's an okay schedule. I'm going to have to wake up an hour earlier than I have been, but eh

Well, we have two "days" with four blocks each. The blocks last 74 minutes long.

A: Music Composition and Technology
B: Physical Education
C: Science
D: English

E: ((free block to do online Calculus))
F: French
G: Social Studies
H: Woodworking

My schedule is pretty much exactly the same as last semester.

Period 1: Concert Band
Period 2: Something with computers that I forgot
Period 3: Spanish III
Period 4: Biology
Period 5: World History
Lunch
Period 6: Expository Writing
Period 7: Algebra II

Back
Top Bottom