• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

sreservoir vs. RK-9 (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
2v2 double
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Fleet Ruins

Fleet Town used to be a boisterous, prosperous city, made up of well-built houses, apartments, beautiful skyscrapers, everything you'd look for in a city. Unfortunately those times are long gone and all that's left are ruins.

Fleet Town used to be ruins; not a single building remained, the streets littered with their parts, the ground itself cracked and potholed.

It is hard to tell that this was once Fleet Town, and then its ruins. Now it is but a rocky field, but the ghosts of the moves which destroyed long ago the town remain to haunt those who would destroy it again.

At the end of each round, select a random move, as metronome. Multiple-target moves hit all pokémon; single-target moves hit any single pokémon, randomly selected; self-target moves have no effect. All other moves function normally. The attacks just come out of nowhere in particular, and are executed as if by a first-of-three stage pokémon, without STAB.
sreservoir's Active Squad
Ralts
Vilya (Female)
Ability: Synchronize

Dragonair
Nenya (Female)
Ability: Shed Skin

Vulpix
Narya (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
Held Item: Fire Stone

Porygon
God (Genderless)
Ability: Download
Held Item: Up-Grade

Woobat
(Female)
Ability: Simple

Larvesta
Solar (Female)
Ability: Flame Body

Petilil
Lily (Female)
Ability: Own Tempo
Held Item: Sun Stone

Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Dusk Stone

Snorunt
Echo (Female)
Ability: Ice Body
Held Item: Dawn Stone

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Ability: Water Absorb

RK-9's Active Squad
Snivy
Smugleaf (Male)
Ability: Overgrow

Growlithe
RK-9 (Male)
Ability: Intimidate
Held Item: Fire Stone

Venipede
bugophobia (gender)
Ability: Poison Point

Pawniard
NinJAD (Male)
Ability: Inner Focus

Roggenrola
bro (Male)
Ability: Sturdy

First Round
- RK-9 sends out
- sreservoir sends out and attacks
- RK-9 attacks
- I ref

... remind me to get that sawk out sometime.

ah, well, Fluffy and œ, then -- have I mentioned that huge movepools are fun? yeah.

œ: lovely kiss pawniard and roggenrola and substitute, in that order unless the move is prevented, in which case do the next option and try again next action, or one misses, in which case move everything back one action.

lovely kiss @ pawniard / @ roggenrola / substitute (15%) x 3

Fluffy: if œ puts something to sleep, and you haven't yet, give it nightmare. snatch anything applicable, and make a substitute if you have nothing better to do.

nightmare / snatch / substitute (10%) x 3

pffft I`m much much faster than your silly pokemon.

You`re gonna snatch NINJAD's sub, due to speed. So let's get it back.

Bro: Sub for 10%. Hit oe thing with Attract to show your affection. Then toxic oe up.
NinJAD: Sub for 10%. On the second action, Snatch at Fluffy. On the third you can Night Slash Fluffy.

REAL COMMANDS:
NinJAD: Substitute(10%) | Night Slash at Fluffy or Snatch at Fluffy | Night Slash at Fluffy
Bro: Substitute (10%) | Attract at oe | Toxic at oe

Last edited:
My swivels are broken. Here, I'll use | to seperate

2v2 double
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Fleet Ruins

Fleet Town used to be a boisterous, prosperous city, made up of well-built houses, apartments, beautiful skyscrapers, everything you'd look for in a city. Unfortunately those times are long gone and all that's left are ruins.

Fleet Town used to be ruins; not a single building remained, the streets littered with their parts, the ground itself cracked and potholed.

It is hard to tell that this was once Fleet Town, and then its ruins. Now it is but a rocky field, but the ghosts of the moves which destroyed long ago the town remain to haunt those who would destroy it again.

At the end of each round, select a random move, as metronome. Multiple-target moves hit all pokémon; single-target moves hit any single pokémon, randomly selected; self-target moves have no effect. All other moves function normally. The attacks just come out of nowhere in particular, and are executed as if by a first-of-three stage pokémon, without STAB.

Pre-round Notes
This was once a beautiful city, thriving and happy. Those days have passed, the place fell into disuse, and the city turned to ruins. Those ruins, then, were gray and bleak, the remains of the once-prosperous city littering the area. But those days too are passed, and now this place is naught but a field, strewn with rocks that were once ruins that were once buildings. And now there are trainers, as there have been before, bending the very fabric of space-time to come here in an instant; they seem intent on ruining the area even more, should they manage to figure out a way. One of their trio calls forth a ghost and a tadpole; another a rock and a small, bladed creature. The bladed creature and the ghost look around nervously, sensing many malevolent spirits in the area - though what exactly the spirits come from remains unclear. The tadpole too looks uncomfortable, though this is more due to the fact that there is no water in the area. The rock, on the other hand, looks about as happy as a rock can look, which is pretty much the same as it had looked before. Oblivious to these reactions, the trainers take their places and the referee moves to a safe distance, signalling for the destruction to begin.

Team sreservoir
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Nightmare / Snatch / Substitute ~ Nightmare / Snatch / Substitute ~ Nightmare / Snatch / Substitute
Item: Dusk Stone

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Commands: Lovely Kiss @ NinJAD / Lovely Kiss @ Bro / Substitute ~ Lovely Kiss @ NinJAD / Lovely Kiss @ Bro / Substitute ~ Lovely Kiss @ NinJAD / Lovely Kiss @ Bro / Substitute

Team RK-9
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pawniard
NinJAD (Male)
Commands: Substitute ~ Night Slash @ Fluffy / Snatch @ Fluffy ~ Night Slash @ Fluffy

Roggenrola
Bro (Male)
Status: Why's everyone look so nervous, this place is great!
Commands: Substitute ~ Attract @ œ ~ Toxic @ œ

Round 1 Begin!

The tadpole creature is the first to move, running in a bizarre waddle towards the bladed one, who is still looking apprehensive about the general area. As such, he fails to notice her coming, and so doesn't resist as she comes straight up to him and, with her bizarre, beak-like mouth, plants a small kiss on a bladeless area of his face. He looks very surprised, and then suddenly feels extremely tired: the kiss planted on him a narcotic chemical that is quickly taking effect, lulling him into an artificial sleep. The ghost, then, shakes off her own apprehension, and casts her mind out towards the now-unconscious Pawniard. She quickly breaks down his mental defenses, entering his mind and giggling at what she finds; she begins tweaking and altering his comfortable dream here and there, making subtle alterations so as to turn it into a nightmare. As she withdraws from his mind, he whimpers, and she grins, having done her job. And now, finally, the rock moves; it scuttles over to one of the pieces of rubble that are littered around the field and begins talking to it, holding what appears to be a pointless conversation. But the rock suddenly begins to move; it heaves itself over a couple of times, smashing away some of its corners and edges, and then suddenly rolls in front of Bro, apparently wishing to protect him.

œ isn't quite sure how to proceed. She's been told to kiss the rock-thing, so presumably she ought to try that... she waddles over to him, but his new companion keeps blocking her path. After a minute or so she pretty much gives up and quickly kisses the lump of concrete before dashing away. As expected, the narcotic substance does absolutely nothing on the rock, and œ looks extremely embarrassed. Fluffy, meanwhile, begins channeling her energy, her eyes and necklace taking on a harsh red glow; a swirl of dark energy materializes in front of her, forming into another Misdreavus - if significantly smaller. Meanwhile, observing œ's evident distress, Bro raises his gravelly voice and shouts to œ. "Um... I'm sorry about my friend! He's just, well I don't exactly know what's up with him, I kinda just met him. I'd quite like to, like, go out sometime? Maybe?" Unfortunately for Bro, though, œ is too wrapped up in her own thoughts to pay attention, and the attack fails to take effect.

Snapping out of her trance, œ suddenly remembers she's in a battle. She spins round and her body begins to swell as she spontaneously creates water within her body, and when it builds to enough pressure she releases it. It pools into a puddle at first, of course, but within a few seconds it begins to take on a more definite form, pulling itself up into the rough shape of a Poliwag - admittedly one that is transparent and made of water. It hops around and leaps between œ and her foes, determined to protect her. Meanwhile, Fluffy is trying to puzzle out what to do. No-one's been newly put to sleep, so she can't Nightmare them... but there's nothing that can be Snatched... and she already has a Substitute? Is there anything she can actually do? The answer seems to be no. Meanwhile, Bro is gathering up several toxins from within his mineralized body; a purplish goop collects on the appendage atop his head, and with a flicking motion he hurls it at œ. The watery clone leaps in the way, though, and the goop is absorbed into its body; it turns a faint purplish hue as the toxins mix in with the water that comprises it.

Suddenly, Fluffy screams as one of the spirits hovering over the arena crosses into objective being. A vague, hazy form materializes behind Bro, a massive draconic beast, dark in color and flickering with powerful electricity. That flickering suddenly increases in pace as the creature's electricity generation goes into overdrive, and the entire beast is suddenly sparking and frying the air around it. The creature - the referee suddenly identifies it as the mythical Zekrom - raises its electrically-charged fist high into the air and then hurls it towards Bro; the Substitute shoves him out of the way at the very last second, and the beast delivers a mighty punch. An explosion rings out, and the Zekrom begins to fade away; as the monster finally disappears Fluffy's screaming ceases. It takes a few seconds longer for the area where the attack hit to become visible, but when the smoke finally clears it's revealed that a section of the ground - and the Substitute clone - have simply vanished, seemingly disintegrated by the immense power of the attack. All that's left is a crater a full metre across and a cloud of steam rising from it.

Round 1 End!

Team sreservoir
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Misdreavus
Fluffy (Female)
Health: 90%
Energy: 91%
Attacks Used: Nightmare @ NinJAD ~ Substitute ~ [nothing]
Item: Dusk Stone
Ani200MS.png
Substitute
Health:
10%

Poliwag
œ (Female)
Health: 85%
Energy: 83%
Attacks Used: Lovely Kiss @ NinJAD ~ Lovely Kiss @ Bro ~ Substitute
Ani060MS.png
Substitute
Health:
15%

Team RK-9
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pawniard
NinJAD (Male)
Health: 85%
Status: Zzzzzzzzzzz. Asleep (moderate; one more round); Nightmare'd (5% per action)
Attacks Used: [asleep] ~ [asleep] ~ [asleep]

Roggenrola
Bro (Male)
Health: 90%
Energy: 85%
Attacks Used: Substitute ~ Attract @ œ ~ Toxic @ œ

Damage / Energy Calculations
Lovely Kiss - 5% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 75 or above to miss)
Nightmare - 4% energy (accuracy roll 64, needed 100 to miss)
Substitute - 10% healh (Bro), 5% energy
Lovely Kiss - 5% energy (accuracy roll 53, needed 75 or above to miss)
Substitute - 15% health (Fluffy), 7% energy
Attract - 4% energy (accuracy roll 100, required 100 to miss - missed)
Substitute - 15% health (œ), 7% energy
Toxic - 6% energy (accuracy roll 23, needed 90 or above to miss)
Bolt Strike - 12% damage (accuracy roll 1, needed 85 or above to miss)

Notes
- It'd be a lot easier on me if you'd format your attacks as "Attack @ Target". And RK-9, if you don't have the tilde key for some reason, hold ALT and type "126" on the num-pad.
- Fluffy had no applicable commands on the third action, so she did nothing.
- Speed order for my reference: Poliwag (90), Misdreavus (85), Pawniard (60), Roggenrola (15).

Arena Notes
- This round, Bolt Strike appeared, targetted at Bro.
- There's a large crater, a metre across and about as deep, where Bolt Strike basically disintgrated the area.

Next Round
- RK-9 attacks
- sreservoir attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Forfeit~Handshake~Good game.

Placeholder for later when I'm more creative.

Ninjad: Wake up and attempt three night slashes at Fluffy. If you cannot do it via torment use Hone Claws.
Bro: Wake up asap and use three Stone Edges at Fluffy. If you can not via torment use Rock slide at fluffy.

Both: If at any point in time they try to put you back to sleep, close your eye/s.

Bro:Stone Edge/Close Eyes~Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Close Eyes~Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Close eyes
JAD: Night Slash/Cllose Eyes/Hone Claws~Night Slash/Close Eyes/Hone Claws~Night Slash/Close Eyes/Hone Claws

Last edited:
Fluffy: well, you're certainly going to be taking a few hits this turn -- at least NinJAD should be taken care of for the round. but we can make that a bit more difficult for Bro, no? spiting that stone edge should screw that roggenrola over nicely. flash it first to reduce the likely damage to you, then spite stone edge twice.

flash @ roggenrola ~ spite @ roggenrola ~ spite @ roggenrola

œ: NinJAD should be down for the round, and we don't really want him up next round either, so lovely kiss it up to twice until it sticks if that would work; we can slap it awake later if we need. if the chemical doesn't work that way, or afterward, flash bro. at the end of the round, encore the stone edge -- it's an impressive display of pretty rocks after all, right? preferably do that as late as possible, after the last stone edge, but before should work reasonably, too.

lovely kiss @ pawniard / flash @ roggenrola ~ lovely kiss @ pawniard / flash @ roggenrola ~ (delay) encore @ roggenrola

Now that I actually come to write the reffing I notice that NinJAD's commands aren't matching up to his command string, which is also extremely confusing. Some clarification on that would be nice.
Not that it actually affects anything since sleep but still

EDIT: Also, sreservoir, how fast is the spirit using the move at the end of the round? This becomes relevant in the damage calculation.

Last edited:
In the Both area it says close eyes if someone tries to Hypnosis. I cropped it up and made it better though

Back
Top Bottom