• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Story Ideas: Which One?

Which one? (See post for samples)

• Pokémon Origins

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Days at the Cave of Dragonflies

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • The Hidden League Champion's Biggest Fan

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Child of the Legends

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Nature's Morphs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eeveelution

Among the few morons with straight A's.
Well, I decided to start another story on here, though I'm not sure which one to do. So here are some options to choose from, with an example of what I would write in them.

Pokémon Origins
A series of one-shots answering questions about the world of Pokémon. Each title uses Japanese words, with a small "translation" at the bottom.

Why were they here? They never appeared until now, those little babies... All their parents could think was to abandon the poor tiny creatures. Wigglytuff was scared of this creature that said "Igglybuff", even though it was her own son. Wobbuffet felt the same way about this "Wynaut", but the Raichu didn't know what to do with this creature that hatched from his egg. His mate had died before the egg could hatch, and he felt the odd baby was all he had left of her. All the others abandoned their newly hatched children, thinking they belonged to some other species of Pokémon, and there was some kind of mix up with their eggs. But this "Pichu" was from his egg, he just knew it... {~Fushigi Kodomo, "Mystery Children" ("Why do Pokémon have new pre-evolutions discovered in a later generation?) Story Currently Unwritten. This would be the introduction to it.}

Days at The Cave of Dragonflies
A story about the forums as if it were a city or town. People can submit their own characters, and this would be a comedy with story-arcs.

Every year, siblings Rostu and Delxi were visited by their cousins from a town known as "The Cave of Dragonflies". They'd never been there themselves, but the stories Taco and Verin told made no hint of a bunch of caves filled of dragonflies, just another town full of Pokémon trainers. Now they were riding a train, on their way to stay with their cousins for the entire year. It was part of some plan their Aunt Pixie made while she went on an "around-the-world" trip or something. They'd been living with her since their parents died, but she didn't care about them that much. The only friendly thing in her house were their pet Glameow and Chatot, though she'd probably sell them if she was offered enough money. Maybe staying in a town called a cave--even though it was very low on actual caves--would be a good thing. The burnt food they could smell already beat Aunt Pixie's "Bellossom Bloom" perfume, which they thought was smelt more like a Stunky or Koffing mixed with Gloom.

The Hidden League Champion's Biggest Fan
Another collection of one-shots, this time about a fictional Pokémon league with the memories of its Champion in flashback form. Bit of a comedy.

The girl's breathing was calm, and her older brother sat by her bed loyally. It hurt him to see this young girl suffer so much, even as she slept. Here was this nine-year-old child, who had so much to live for, and now they were told she might never be the same. The doctor said she'd live, but the chances of her becoming a trainer like she hoped were slim. A slight mumble escaped her throat, as she slowly opened her eyes. Those big green eyes, which her parents said could melt away the evil from anyone who looked into them. "Hi Yuki," she muttered softly to him. "Can you tell me about your journey?" Yuki smiled at her, giving a light laugh. His sister Suki had heard every single one of them, but she never grew tired of them. Ever since he became a trainer four years ago on his tenth birthday, she was his biggest fan.

Child of the Legends
This story is about a little girl found by the Legendary Pokémon, and what happens as she grows up. It's a bit of a "dramady" with some story arcs.

"I understand you couldn't leave her," Arceus sighed, looking at the baby human. "But she is a human, and we are Pokémon. We do not know how to raise human children, Latias." Latias pouted at Arceus, giving her best imitation of the sad eyes she saw those Growlithe use on some scary human guy to get some food. It didn't move Arceus, though, so she gave him her saddest look: a baby Skitty pout, Igglybuff eyes, and a small whimper like a hurt Poochyena. The result actually wasn't sad like she intended, but the baby giggled at this. Arceus suddenly felt a sensation of happiness at this giggling, and felt peaceful for one of the first times in years, maybe even almost a century. "Okay, fine," he finally said. "We can raise her, and she'll serve as a connection to humans for us." The other Pokémon thought this was a good idea, even Giratina and Mewtwo, who normally opposed things like this. After a moment, Arceus went over what just happened. I need to learn to say "no" better.

Nature's Morphs
A story that's "fictional historical fiction". Basically, it happened a long time ago in the world of Pokémon, and is about "natural" morphs.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, hugging the Ditto. It still resembled Mew, but felt cold. Around them, Pokémon were slowly changing into humans, losing all traces of their original forms. The transformations were painful, but some looked sadly at the human and his Pokémon, even as the weaker ones died from the pain. They could always return to their Pokémon forms temporarily, but this Pokémon wouldn't ever change again. He was the only human there crying, even though they were silent tears, he was crying. Those men had taken his partner and friend from him. Everyone there not wearing black and red and purple had been tricked. Rain fell softly around the scene as they realized how horrible this really was. One truly innocent life had been lost, and it was the reason why they were being ruined. "I'm so sorry," the boy said softly, hugging his best friend. The Ditto changed to its original form, and smiled at him one last time before closing his eyes for the last time. By then, the transformations had ended. The Pokémon were now natural morphs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

So, please vote on which I should do! All of them will have some comedy elements in them, though only The Hidden League Champion's Biggest Fan and Days at The Cave of Dragonflies are meant to be comedies. Also, I already have an idea of how to write each one, since I've tried a story similar to Child of the Legends and Days at The Cave of Dragonflies before. (The latter one is popular on another forum, though the Child of the Legends one I tried there either flopped, or was too new before it was deleted with the server change.) I already have one story I could use on Pokémon Origins, too. The idea for Nature's Morphs is based on a story I made a while ago but never finished. The Hidden League Champion's Biggest Fan is the only one that would be really new for me to write. Anyways, please vote carefully!

Last edited:
Cameos of people almost never work. :(

... uh. Is your Japanese babelfished...? Because I don't think that was quite what you meant, given that jdic gives 'inbi' as meaning more of 'obscure' or 'impure' or 'obscene' than 'mystery'. 'fushigi' seems to be closer to what you meant, though that still doesn't seem right.

"Young girl adopted by legendaries" could maybe be okay if it's done well but I have no confidence and I don't think many other people would, either.

Pokemorphs are also done badly frequently enough to be wary of them.

Cameos only work in manga or anime, and slightly better in the latter. Ditto surskitty- Child of the Legends sounds vaguely promising.

Cave of Dragonflies... I honestly doubt many would read it unless their names were mentioned within the story. Also, for it to be "complete" we can't forget certain members who have been here for an inordinate amount of time.

Well, the actual "behind the scenes" of the dfc leetists (or the oldfags or the #tcod) tends to be a drama/shitfest of sorts. So, scratch that.

Thanks for the error, surskitty. I don't use babelfish, though; most sites translate it into the other language's letters, so I use one my friend found that translates words into the English alphabet. (Also, I never knew babelfish existed until I started visiting here.)

I have done a story like the "Days at The Cave of Dragonflies", though. It was pretty popular, and I even made a sequel to it. Sadly, the original was deleted when the server changed, but the sequel is currently at more than fifty chapters. It's the longest story I've ever written, so I have faith in doing one here.

Like I said earlier, "Child of the Legends" was also deleted on the other site, but I got pretty into it, and even made character sprites on my other computer. (I'd post them, but that computer's messed up right now.)

Well, I have to admit, morphs have been overdone. And so have champion stories. But I won't complain about what wins. These are ideas I've had for a long time, so whatever story is voted on will be fine by me. Besides, authors like knowing what kind of stories their readers would like. Guess I won't know until the end of the week, huh?

Still, your Japanese is atrocious and it's best to never use anything in languages you don't know. Apparently "fushigi no kodomo" would actually be closer -- my Japanese is really terrible though -- but um really. Why would you use Japanese titles when you very clearly don't speak Japanese at all?

I like the idea of the TCoD one, but only if I'm in it. :D
And the Biggest Fan thing sounds good, but the rest of the stories are meh, in my oppinion.

I like Pokemon Origins and Child of the Legends myself. Child of Legends would be pretty hard to pull off without making it suck so I voted Pokemon Origins.

Well, today's the last day to vote. And surskitty: you're right. To be honest, I don't know what I was thinking, using Japanese. (Probably has to do with Pokémon being Japanese... I might use a random Japanese word every once in a while in the winning story, though. You know, for names or stuff like that.)

Well, Days at The Cave of Dragonflies is in the lead, so unless another story gets forty votes suddenly, it could win.

Back
Top Bottom