• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

I'm at 15%. That's probably because I attacked Phantom last night, though. Thought that for a Smash Mafia it would be par for the course, but seeing all these 0%...

I'm at 15%. That's probably because I attacked Phantom last night, though. Thought that for a Smash Mafia it would be par for the course, but seeing all these 0%...

I just love how everyone went over the fact that you targeted me.

I used my recovery move, my up special basically. It let's me know who targeted me, protects me from damage, and it has a chance to deal damage to them as well.

Also, why would you attack me?

At this point? You're looking suspicious mate.

I just love how everyone went over the fact that you targeted me.

I used my recovery move, my up special basically. It let's me know who targeted me, protects me from damage, and it has a chance to deal damage to them as well.

Also, why would you attack me?

At this point? You're looking suspicious mate.

Like I said, I thought that this game would be more of a, well, brawl. I guess I was wrong.

And I targeted you in particular for vague rp reasons - I'm Ganondorf, you're Link. Makes sense.

Honestly I kind of wanted to attack someone just for the lulz, and it is a smash mafia, so I don't find it all the suspicious that ZM went off and attacked someone random.

...I suppose that makes sense. Although, if the teams are limited to innocent and mafia-aligned (I was given a colour team; maybe there are more than just two?), beating up on an ally for lulz would be just as counter-productive as it would be in any other mafia game. For the record, I'm not going to be attacking anyone unless I feel that it's necessary, though obviously I can't force anyone else to do so.

I guess not everyone has the same type of moves. I don't have an up-special (recovery). And one of my moves is a taunt that is kinda useless

...I suppose that makes sense. Although, if the teams are limited to innocent and mafia-aligned (I was given a colour team; maybe there are more than just two?), beating up on an ally for lulz would be just as counter-productive as it would be in any other mafia game. For the record, I'm not going to be attacking anyone unless I feel that it's necessary, though obviously I can't force anyone else to do so.

Yeah, I'm on a team, too. I think this is a team game, with multiple inno teams and one scum team.

I am also at 0%, and I used recovery last night.

Yeah, I'm on a team, too. I think this is a team game, with multiple inno teams and one scum team.

In that case, it might be a good idea to reveal who's on which team. I know I'm Blue, and of course there's a Red team, but what about Green and/or Yellow?

Somehow, I don't think this is a multi-faction game. There are only three teams to begin with (assuming MF didn't use Team Yellow before the Smash Direct officially revealed 8P), and those correspond to Mafia, Innocents, and Unaffiliated.

...by that logic, we probably also have an Alien here somewhere.

The basics of mafia are informed minority vs uninformed majority, so you'd think it was one team being mafia and the other being innocent - with the mafia knowing who each other are.

Anywho, so far? I've only got one truth to go off of. ZM targeted me N0. There is no real reason to target ANYONE on N0 unless there is scum involved.

Zero Moment.

There is no real reason to target ANYONE on N0 unless there is scum involved.

Well, you know, except for the reason's we've been listing...

I don't really care whether we lynch ZM or not, though. I just hope we don't end up spending the entire game just spamming recovery moves.

Anywho, so far? I've only got one truth to go off of. ZM targeted me N0. There is no real reason to target ANYONE on N0 unless there is scum involved.

Zero Moment.
This is a pretty weak conclusion. I don't think everyone has a recovery move, so obviously some people have to attack others.

however.....

Are teammembers supposed to be notified of their teammates, or is it a Red vs Blue fight?
If you were part of the innocent team, shouldn't you already know the answer to that?

This is a pretty weak conclusion. I don't think everyone has a recovery move, so obviously some people have to attack others.

however.....

If you were part of the innocent team, shouldn't you already know the answer to that?

(Abstain so I don't get surpriselynched again)
I'm asking because I'm a Fishing Brother, and I'm not sure if we're the only ones on this "team" or if we're just the only ones we know of.
You fight in the BLUE TEAM (innocent)
is kinda ambiguous. By the lack of claims for other teams, I'm guessing it's just a flavor-y way of saying inno or scum.

Abstain

It doesn't seem like there are multiple innocent factions. Knowing MF, there may be a cult faction though.

I, too, am on the blue team.

Relevantly...

-Most players will have at least one recovery move. When a recovery move is used, the threshold of damage needed for a launch to lead into a KO is increased, making the recovering player harder to KO.

It doesn't seem like there are multiple innocent factions. Knowing MF, there may be a cult faction though.

I, too, am on the blue team.

I highly doubt "multiple innocent factions" as a concept as well. From what I know about Smash, I don't think a cult would work in this game, either - but multiple mafia factions might be a thing (though the lack of deaths might be kind of odd, then).

I'm on the blue team as well... but this is getting to the point that people are probably going to use this to just softclaim as innocent, aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom