• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Mafia for TCoD - Game Thread

It seems unlikely to me that the mafia have actual instakills, though they might have something that's roughly equivalent. It seems off to me that there's a percentage-based health (or whatever you call that) system when you can be killed in a single hit. Moreover, moves that decrease the damage you take overnight would be only useful against friendly players that are beating up on your for roleplaying unknown reasons. If all of the scum players ganged up on a single player, however, you probably wouldn't need an instakill.

I took damage last night. Meaning I'm gonna assume someone wants me dead. Why target me two days in a row? Who else took damage?

I didn't have any free time over the weekend, so I didn't actually communicate with ZM overnight, nor did I remember to send in a night action. For the record, I also took 10%.

I'm sorry, but for right now my vote still goes for Zero Moment. Unless someone else targeted me, I was targeted yesterday for 'plot reasons' which makes no sense, this is mafia, not a RP. Plus with how the game is set up, fishing bro really is a bad claim. And with those characters? I could see other characters being fishing bros, maybe, but not them.

Well, although MF didn't specifically say so this time, I believe that your choice of character has zero impact on your role. A lot of people (including me) also seem to find ZM's reasons somewhat acceptable, if not logical - not thinking that it was a good idea doesn't necessarily mean that you should find it suspicious. It also seems like it would have been a bad idea for Superbird to stick his neck out for ZM this early in the game if they were both mafia and lying about being fishing brothers. I find it kind of strange how much you're gunning for ZM given how much people have disagreed with you, but I also think you usually act like this... I dunno.

Well, although MF didn't specifically say so this time, I believe that your choice of character has zero impact on your role. A lot of people (including me) also seem to find ZM's reasons somewhat acceptable, if not logical - not thinking that it was a good idea doesn't necessarily mean that you should find it suspicious. It also seems like it would have been a bad idea for Superbird to stick his neck out for ZM this early in the game if they were both mafia and lying about being fishing brothers. I find it kind of strange how much you're gunning for ZM given how much people have disagreed with you, but I also think you usually act like this... I dunno.

It's a mix of gut feeling and just that it doesn't make sense to me to attack someone based off 'rp' reasons. And if so many people believe him, then why did Superbird feel the need to step in if there wasn't any real threat?

Honestly, if it weren't for my move that I used N1, I would never have known who'd attacked me. So, I really don't think they were expecting that at all. And if I didn't know? Would he have kept attacking me? Because I took damage last night, when I didn't use that move. So, obviously, I was attacked again, which means the mafia sees me as a potential threat after what I revealed one of my roles to be so now that I've figured out that perhaps, perhaps, ZM is mafia, they want me gone.

That, or Zero Moment is taking his role far too seriously.

'act' like this? ouch. Just playing the game. :(

It's a mix of gut feeling and just that it doesn't make sense to me to attack someone based off 'rp' reasons. And if so many people believe him, then why did Superbird feel the need to step in if there wasn't any real threat?

Honestly, if it weren't for my move that I used N1, I would never have known who'd attacked me. So, I really don't think they were expecting that at all. And if I didn't know? Would he have kept attacking me? Because I took damage last night, when I didn't use that move. So, obviously, I was attacked again, which means the mafia sees me as a potential threat after what I revealed one of my roles to be so now that I've figured out that perhaps, perhaps, ZM is mafia, they want me gone.

'act' like this? ouch. Just playing the game. :(

Sorry, I didn't mean any offense! I just meant that you tend to be what I think is a bit overly suspicious of certain people most of the time, so this isn't anything unusual and ptobably not something that should raise any red flags. (Though now that I think of it, in the instances that I remember this happening, you were always mafia... but I think there might have been a couple where you were innocent that I could find if I looked.)

So, that's actually pretty weird. If mafia knew that you can find out who's attacking you, why would they take the risk of attacking you? But why would an innocent attack you, unless they were suspicious and for some reason didn't feel like bringing it up in thread? Either way doesn't really make any sense. Did you mention how much damage you took last night? If it was a small amount, maybe somebody had some sort of AoE that targeted multiple random players or something?? idk smash man

I am actually not sure why Superbird spoke up; maybe he panicked because the vote at the moment was in favour of lynching ZM (though that was because there was only one vote)? I guess on this forum people who have information tend to be more forthright with it than I would really think logical... I dunno.

Ummm I had more to say but now I'm late for my train haha.

I abstained from acting last night, so no, I didn't attack Phantom last night.
Placeholder abstain to make the vote even.

Hmm. The ZM/Phantom thing is interesting. Did someone frame him? Are they both mafia acting on an elaborate and brilliant plot? MF's careful avoidance of the Mafia instakil; pretty much confirms it to me, and that's worrying. We can do minimal? damage at night, and hope to get lucky with an lynch, but they'll be trying to throw things off.

I know MF wouldn't make this purposefully unbalanced towards mafia, so there has to be some saving grace for the town. Or maybe it really is Bastard MaFia

Also, since Phantom seems to be misinterpereting what I meant with the 'rp reasons' thing, here is my thought process N0:

>n0
>"gonna be a right brawl m80 who should I target"
>scrolls to player/character list
>espies Link
>is Ganondorf
>target acquired
>uses damaging but non-launching move because accidentally killing someone you were just messing with feelsbadman

There was only one vote at the time and it was before everyone stepped in saying they believed him, iirc (too tired to check.) Like I said, we're fishing bros, and if he was lynched I'd have to use a very high-launching attack on someone, and unless I have any idea who the mafia is, I don't want to.

(I'm actually very sure you're not mafia, because your playstyle so far is very like you usually play, from my point of view, but you would be the one I would have aimed for in the absence of any other leads, simply because you threw the first vote.)

I kind of agree with this, but I will reiterate that the attack has no launching power and I saw it as harmless when he said he was going to do it.

I am actually not sure why Superbird spoke up; maybe he panicked because the vote at the moment was in favour of lynching ZM (though that was because there was only one vote)? I guess on this forum people who have information tend to be more forthright with it than I would really think logical... I dunno.
It's my favored playstyle to be as open as possible without sabotaging myself, generally, to lower suspicion and then bring out the most important of my powers later on. In this case I saw it as beneficial to warn whoever was going to target me or ZM that we could take revenge. And, of course, the innocent count is incredibly important and in MFia games it's important to keep as many of us alive as possible because if we're not careful seven of us could die at once.

I know MF wouldn't make this purposefully unbalanced towards mafia, so there has to be some saving grace for the town. Or maybe it really is Bastard MaFia
If anything, I think this game seems more biased towards the innocents.

...just to be safe, I think we should all vote Lynch MF to make sure that's not the win condition for this game.

Even if YOUR attack was weak and had no launching power, it still could have done damage and as a result made me easier to launch.

I'm not saying how much damage I took, for my safety. As little or big as it is, it still is damage and might make me even more of a target.

Also, if there are fishing brothers, which I doubt is true, does that mean there are other standard roles hidden amongst our moves? Are there lovers? A doctor (someone who can heal other players or prevent them from getting damage)? Something to think about. Because this isn't a standard mafia, so I don't understand why fishing brothers or lovers would be involved saved for a few characters.

Also, if there are fishing brothers, which I doubt is true, does that mean there are other standard roles hidden amongst our moves? Are there lovers? A doctor (someone who can heal other players or prevent them from getting damage)? Something to think about. Because this isn't a standard mafia, so I don't understand why fishing brothers or lovers would be involved saved for a few characters.

I don't see why you discount the possibility of having normal mafia roles in a MFia game. MF generally seems to tend towards cutting roles only where thematically appropriate (there probably is only one healer in this game, and it might have to do with using the Team Healer item or something; I'm sure Robin has the means of healing themselves) and we've certainly had lovers in past MFia games; fishing bros also.

"Saved for a few characters." Which is why it makes sense why ZM (Ganondorf) and I (Bowser) would be the fishing brothers in this situation -- we're the "evil" people in contrast to everyone else's heroic nature, and we are thus encouraged by the situation at hand to work together.

MF, can you confirm whether or not your character has any effect on your role? (I'm assuming not.)

No lynch for now.

Back
Top Bottom