• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarot Mafia

I'd have given it good odds that she was being docced at that point
extremely good point honestly
Ehh, if Seshas was targeted by a doctor, I'd assume that would stop them from dying no matter the source of the death.
to word it more clearly: it's evidently unlikely that seshas was, in fact, protected this previous night -- but if I were the mafia, I would have assumed her to be a likely prority for protection. so, either the mafia didn't think the same way as me, or they killed kokorico

Ehh, if Seshas was targeted by a doctor, I'd assume that would stop them from dying no matter the source of the death.
mm, maybe, but regardless i think seshas probably wasn’t the mafia kill.
do you think that just because she was a likely doctor target, or for other reasons too?
pretty much just the doctor thing. maybe seshas was or wasn’t actually targeted by the doctor, but i don’t see why the mafia would chance it.

do i have any way to corroborate this claim? no! can you interpret it however you want? certainly! did i share it anyways because i wanted to contribute to the conversation to a greater degree than i have been in past games? well, yeah, but also its funny to have an actual reason to vote rnp instead of just doing it for the meme

i guess i have to do a bit of a roleclaim but w/e. essentially my role just tells me who visits me each night; not sure what the official name for that is but thats what it is. no night actions, i just get a list at the end of each night. anyway, rnp claims he roleblocked me n0, yet, at the end of that phase, it said no one had targeted me. so either theres some kind of 2 player roleblocking tomfoolery occurring here, or rnp is leaving something out
are you talking about this post where he said /s

anyway, rnp claims he roleblocked me n0, yet, at the end of that phase, it said no one had targeted me. so either theres some kind of 2 player roleblocking tomfoolery occurring here, or rnp is leaving something out
Well, that just adds up to something not being right, right now. For the moment,

Redneck Phoenix

i guess i have to do a bit of a roleclaim but w/e. essentially my role just tells me who visits me each night; not sure what the official name for that is but thats what it is. no night actions, i just get a list at the end of each night. anyway, rnp claims he roleblocked me n0, yet, at the end of that phase, it said no one had targeted me. so either theres some kind of 2 player roleblocking tomfoolery occurring here, or rnp is leaving something out
shit

A self-watcher along with a watcher is interesting. lol setup spec, though, I can agree with kyeugh.

MF and kyeugh, I disagree with the assumption that because you as mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas, the mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas. I think a watcher would be a priority target, so sometimes mafia just takes a gamble like that, or they could have a way to bypass protection. I see little reason for any non-mafia killing role to target Seshas, either. However, I don't think this discussion is that relevant/productive unless you like, think this definitely implicates Mr. Ultracool or something?

MF and kyeugh, I disagree with the assumption that because you as mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas, the mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas. I think a watcher would be a priority target, so sometimes mafia just takes a gamble like that, or they could have a way to bypass protection. I see little reason for any non-mafia killing role to target Seshas, either. However, I don't think this discussion is that relevant/productive unless you like, think this definitely implicates Mr. Ultracool or something?
yeah, I'm not claiming this is Final Proof or anything of the sort; if it was, I'd be parking my vote there. that said, I do think this reasoning makes the assumption that Mr. Ultracool is raisin' hell a likely one, which is a red flag

I do agree that a strongkill is also a reasonable hypothesis here though, being that the target would've been a watcher

shit
this is the funniest shit i've seen in a while

yeah the joke was that for like the past 3 games i've had a roleblocking role

A self-watcher along with a watcher is interesting. lol setup spec, though, I can agree with kyeugh.
Maybe I'm missing something here, and that's disturbingly likely, but how do you know there are both a watcher and a self-watcher? I'm explicitly none of these, as I've said in my last post

Maybe I'm missing something here, and that's disturbingly likely, but how do you know there are both a watcher and a self-watcher? I'm explicitly none of these, as I've said in my last post
Seshas claimed watcher, and Stryke just claimed a passive self-watcher.

MF and kyeugh, I disagree with the assumption that because you as mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas, the mafia wouldn't have killed Seshas. I think a watcher would be a priority target, so sometimes mafia just takes a gamble like that, or they could have a way to bypass protection.
i really don’t think they would make that gamble. obviously i can’t know that for sure, but i just really don’t see it. the possibility of protection bypass is worth noting, but i don’t think it’s necessarily a safer assumption than that they simply didn’t target seshas. both worlds are equally valid to me. i’m not really taking a hard stance here but it is definitely something i’m alert to.
I see little reason for any non-mafia killing role to target Seshas, either. However, I don't think this discussion is that relevant/productive unless you like, think this definitely implicates Mr. Ultracool or something?
agreed. them getting blown up by w!ultracool is the only thing that really makes sense here to me. like mf, i’m not sold enough on it to even place a vote, but i do think it’s a world worth considering. fwiw, i think koko getting shot looks kind of bad for uc too, so i’m not really feeling fantastic about him either way... but as you can say, i don’t think it’s anything urgent or immediately solvable.

Turns out, I'm really, really dense right now not to notice that. My Swords/Guns kill people at night, not in the day like on some other forums I frequent. That would explain the second kill, if the Mafia visited me yesterDay, sooo... Whoops?

i did my readthrough as promised and will resurface with questions later, god willing
@M&F i'm curious what info you got out of the trebek lynch! you seemed to think his flip would be illuminating somehow iirc?
Wagonomics analysis on Trebek vs. Seshas (abbreviated T and S, parentheses are total number of votes on respective wagons at that moment, interesting votes bolded): +Mist S (0-1), -Mist S (0-0), +Seshas T (1-0), +M&F T (2-0), +kyeugh S (2-1), +mewtini S (2-2), +Keldeo T (3-2), +me S (3-3), +mewtini T (4-2), +Trebek S (4-3), +kyeugh T (5-2), -me S (5-1), +Seshas S (4-2)

Basically to explain why I find those votes interesting: mewtini and kyeugh's votes, in combination, shifted the vote from a tie or near-tie to a Trebek blowout, so that makes me townread them
@JackPK what makes you think skylar's late vote is more likely to be town than, say, mafia gaining cred upon realizing that their scumbuddy was going down? i'm also curious to hear more about your progression on seshas/trebek during EoD!
@storm interested in any passing thoughts you may have!! even if shallow

to be continued probably

Back
Top Bottom