• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TCOD Survivor (RESULTS IN, EIGHTH CHALLENGE UP)

Re: TCOD Survivor (TRIBAL COUNCIL: VOTING OPEN)

Eh...
Not all of these challenges will be spriting.. will they?
Again, I can't sprite. They look... they look awful.

Sorry for not sending in an entry; I totally forgot about this.

wat exactly is tribal voting? O wel, dont matter since im not doing it, can the next round be making something like a pokemon amv, dats something i could do.

4 votes were cast, and, with 2 votes, Dr Frank has been eliminated.

Challenge 2:

Know Your Real-Life Pokemon World

The Pokemon regions are based on parts of Japan. So, we can assume that the whole Pokemon world is based on all of Japan. Here are 10 questions relating to Japan. PM your answers to me by Monday, June 29, 7:00 PM HKT. (That's 11:00 AM GMT, 7:00 AM EST, and 4:00 AM PST.)

The questions are:

1. What is Japan's fifth-largest city?
2. In what year did Akihito become emperor?
3. True or false? Honshu is the world's thirteenth-largest island.
4. Name the island north of Hokkaido whose southern area is the basis for the Battle Zone's shape.
5. Name three of Japan's five major newspapers.
6. In what year was my country invaded by Japan?
7. Toshi is a member of which Japanese metal band?
8. What is the word 'crimson' in Japanese?
9. What region of Japan is Hoenn based on?
10. In what city is the Nintendo Headquarters?

Each team may only submit one set of answers, so you may have to discuss among yourselves. The first team to submit an all-correct entry, or the team with the entry with the most correct answers by the deadline wins immunity.

Re: TCOD Survivor (RESULTS IN, SECOND CHALLENGE UP)

I'm off the PC for two days, and this is what happens. It always has to be me, doesn't it?

4 votes were cast, and, with 2 votes, Dr Frank has been eliminated.

Well, at least he didn't put the dot in. :)

Console me not, for I have served my purpose.

Out of 12 people, only 4 voted. Hmm, that's intersting...

Team Hoenn Qs are in, we probably fucked everything up but at least im positive we wont come in last again

HELLO THERE! One-and-a-half days left and only one entry form in. Come on, guys! Send them in!

I got the answers... I think... but I can't contact any of my teammates! Guys, if you have any knowledge of Japan, I need to know if my answers are fine or else I'll send them in.

You don't have to discuss the answers with your teammates, you know.

wow you don't come on for a few days you miss alot....

Isn't 3 days a little too little time for the team to contact everyone find the answer and stuff? but heck it may just be me.

Team Sinnoh's answers have been sent.

(To Sinnoh team) Since you guys were offline for the most part, I had no choice but to send them in. Let's hope we did well.

With a score of 9/10:

TEAM SINNOH RETAINS IMMUNITY!

The answers were:

1. Sapporo
2. 1989
3. Fales
4. Sakhalin
5. Any three of Asahi, Mainichi, Yomiuri, Sankei, and Nikkei
6. 1941
7. X Japan
8. Kurenai or 紅 (which is also, incidentally, Draenei for redeemed)
9. Kyushu
10. Kyoto

Teams Kanto and Johto tied for last, and will receive this punishment:

Each member of the team will have one vote against them added. They may vote, though.

Tribal council ends on Wednesday, July 1 at 7:30 PM HKT. (That's 11:30 AM GMT, 7:30 AM EST, and 4:30 AM PST.)

@turbler: I will only mention the date and time together when it's a different day. If it's the same day as HKT, I'll only mention the time.

Last edited:
Re: TCOD Survivor (CHALLENGE RESULTS IN, TRIBAL COUNCIL IN PROGRESS)

5 votes were cast, and with 3 votes, Treechu has been eliminated.

Challenge 3:

YouTube Scavenger Hunt

You need to scour YouTube and bring me these 10 videos:

A video with a length of 3:47
A Rickroll
A "meme" video that isn't a Rickroll
A video of a game played on a Nintendo Wii
A video with nothing but music and lyrics
A French video
A video of a rhythm video game
A live concert video
A video with the word "dark" in the title
A video with between 50 and 100 comments

The team that can bring me (via PM) the most of these by Tuesday, July 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM HKT (see above for relative times) wins immunity. There is no punishment for this challenge.

Oh, and to Notoriously Unknown, Flying Bread, and Minkow, you have not participated in two consecutive challenges. If you do not participate in this challenge, you will receive three votes against you at the next tribal council.

Last edited:
Re: TCOD Survivor (RESULTS IN, THIRD CHALLENGE UP, ATTN: NOTORIOUS, FLYING BREAD, MINKOW)

Hey, hey, hey Team Sinnoh, to make up for evrything I'll do this. Except for the meme video search.

Re: TCOD Survivor (RESULTS IN, THIRD CHALLENGE UP, ATTN: NOTORIOUS, FLYING BREAD, MINKOW)

Its a good thing I can veiw Youtubes now.

I'll do this for Team Kanto. However, sound will be difficult, curse speakers that went booosh.

Slartibartfast found all 10 videos first.

TEAM HOENN WINS IMMUNITY!

Tribal council is from now until Saturday, July 4 at 6:00 PM HKT. (That's 10:00 AM GMT, 6:00 AM EST, and 3:00 AM PST.)

Notoriously Unknown and Flying Bread, for not participating in this challenge, you have each received three votes against you.

Re: TCOD Survivor (CHALLENGE RESULTS IN, TRIBAL COUNCIL IN PROGRESS)

Long Live Hoenn!!! Also Team Hoenn, i won't be on until this tuesday night (GMT -4) so i hope things go well...sorry i cant do more!

Back
Top Bottom