• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The 2012 Metronome Contest

Quick question -

How much can we utilize abilities? Such as Illusion or Cloud Nine for examples. Could a 'mon with these abilities create an illusionary item/creature or change its appearance, or clear weather effects?
Abilities, as any natural part of the Pokémon's physiology (e.g. as seen in Group Three recently, Treecko being capable of scaling walls), are perfectly usable for the appeals.

would nature power produce earthquake or rock slide? if used in that water, would it produce hydro pump or mud bomb? something else entirely?

would nature power produce earthquake or rock slide? if used in that water, would it produce hydro pump or mud bomb? something else entirely?
The A&A Guide still has the Gen III moves for Nature Power; if we go with that, Rock Slide would be the norm on your stage, although you could theorically activate Earthquake from any cluster of sand; from the water, Surf would be generated, but Hydro Pump could be summoned while diving. In further gens, Hydro Pump is summoned from the water regardless.

I can't remember, is it acceptable to, say, be out of the scene and add in a small bit of dialogue into a microphone? As if it were something over an intercom in the laboratory?

To expand on my first question a bit, I read through the old Metronome contest and saw Kratos's advice about getting involved in appeals. How much does that apply? Is it acceptable, and about how much involvement can a trainer have before it begins to dock the score? Or is that at the ref's discretion?

I can't remember, is it acceptable to, say, be out of the scene and add in a small bit of dialogue into a microphone? As if it were something over an intercom in the laboratory?
A microphone per se would count as a prop, which wouldn't slide, but using something the stage can be assumed to have (the laboratory can be assumed to have one of those, and some other stages can be assumed to have loudspeakers around), and there's always just using one's own voice.

could I use a river at the bottom without necessarily using a water-dwelling pokémon?
Yes.

Are we assuming the appeals are being viewed live?
Nope. The video record is being displayed in the hall.

To expand on my first question a bit, I read through the old Metronome contest and saw Kratos's advice about getting involved in appeals. How much does that apply? Is it acceptable, and about how much involvement can a trainer have before it begins to dock the score? Or is that at the ref's discretion?
Exactly when points start getting docked depends on the judges, but for reference, bulbasaur didn't lose any with his highly trainer-centric appeal last round and you're in his group. Of course, one move from each set at least must be used, but otherwise, there are no rigid rules.

Even though I'm no longer in this, will the lowest seed in each bracket (as determined by score) have to go first, and will the top seed in each bracket have the advantage of going last?

Do pokemon have to alternate their attacks, or could one pokemon do all three of their attacks, then the other do all three of theirs?

Do pokemon have to alternate their attacks, or could one pokemon do all three of their attacks, then the other do all three of theirs?
The appeals still obey a sequence in actions. They don't necessarily have to alternate, but no more than two moves in a row.

Would it be too much of a stretch if my town has a pond in it? Any body of water? There's usually ponds and whatnot in parks, so I'd like to think it's fine, but I want to be sure...

(Stage: Biker Revolution
Oh, no! A roving band of lawless motorbike-riding rogues is threatening to take over the streets of this peaceful, but busy town! Will it be possible to make an appeal amidst this madness?)

Back
Top Bottom