• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Felt--Homestuck Fan Club

Does anyone think Jane will be playing with Trolls? I mean, it /does/ say she is the only one of her kind who gets to play it, and if we follow the theory that the Condesce is Betty Crocker...

Does anyone think Jane will be playing with Trolls? I mean, it /does/ say she is the only one of her kind who gets to play it, and if we follow the theory that the Condesce is Betty Crocker...

Nah, I don't think that line had anything to do with trolls. It was just a funny way to segue into explaining that she was the Crocker heiress. And anyway, even if the timing technically isn't right for her to play with Bro or Mom, wouldn't Grandpa (i.e. another human) at least be part of this? (Although, considering this is a scratched universe it's entirely possible that their ages have been rearranged; after all, computers and Jeff Foxworthy weren't around during the original Nanna's teenage years, so why couldn't scratchverse Bro and Mom's ages be adjusted?)

Granted it looks like that exile might've been a troll, so I'd be surprised if trolls aren't involved at all, but yeah, I think that line was a joke.

unless she counts as a human/troll hybrid because she's the Condesce's adopted daughter or something, in which case I guess yes she is the only one of her kind!

Last edited:
Problem now.

Jane Crocker is not under the 4/6 rule that John and Jade had, she's under the 4/7 rule that Dave and Rose had. Bro should theoretically still be a Strider though, but the rest?

Maybe alternate post-scratch Dave will change his lat name? I have no idea. That would make sense, if you think about it, because alternate post-scratch Vriska called herself Marquise Spinnernet Mindfang, not Vriska. So I think it would make some sort of backwards sense if Dave changed his last name. and maybe his first name. Actually it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Dave changed Bro's name to Dave, for the pure irony of it all. This is assuming they are still themselves after the scratch, though, like the trolls were.

Also: Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Movie! Who would pay money to see that? *begrudgingly raises own hand*

Wow, someone at MSPA Forums totally predicted that Grandpa's name is Jake.
Also I'm pondering the significance of his last name.

Knew it.

Knew, from the moment the Scratch was described, that J was going to be one of the post-Scratch protagonists.

Granted, it wasn't exactly difficult to guess so, but.

I like how the bleached blue beauties have been replaced with Mystique and similar.

wrt the names, he may not necessarily be following the same 4 + 6+7 scheme this time. 413 probably still has its significance and all, but there may be a different number that applies to the new set of kids. For example, so far both Jane Crocker and Jake English add up to eleven letters by themselves, and it's 11/11/11 and all that.

On a marginally related note, I guess the author of Second Base (that post-Sburb fic I think I mentioned earlier) is going to have to change some names around. She was calling Bro "Richard" and Mom "October", neither of which are likely to fit unless they have four-letter surnames. or Hussie can do like Dave in that story and call Bro "Dick", that works too

Last edited:
By the way, on these notes, hang on while I dig up Nannasprite's rant to fedorafreak and predict everything in this arc.

In the original universe Grandpa ran off with Halley the dog. If Jake is Grandpa, it's possible (although not guaranteed) that he has a scratchverse version of Halley.

So apparently
Jane is grounded?

Also the Scratchkids apparently didn't get meteor'd back home with the same shit as the Kids

Back
Top Bottom