• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Metronome Contest

oh boy double posting

So, as for the next Metronome Contest. Does anybody have any ideas? I have a few. One of them would be having the final match be disputed by three trainers instead of two. I also thought of having something like the GF10 around, as in, splitting the entrants into groups and having a different head judge and secondary judges for each one. That, or, if we incorporate the three-way final, we could have a three-part tournament -- each group spawns all the way to the semifinals.

Well, the splitting-up thing was mainly so more entrants could be accommodated... If there are a lot of people interested in participating, then I'm all for it.

I'd also like to see more attacks being randomized for the battle portion, since with only 5 moves there's little room for strategy. Randomly destructive pretties, sure, but you're not just playing for points, you also want to knock out the other Pokemon. I think 8 moves would be better.

As for the three-way thing, sure, why not? :P

I'd join, however you decide to handle it; after considering things I've realized I'm probably much better at contests than battling and I've always wanted to try it out. I don't really have any idea on the specifics, though.

Well, the splitting-up thing was mainly so more entrants could be accommodated... If there are a lot of people interested in participating, then I'm all for it.

I'd also like to see more attacks being randomized for the battle portion, since with only 5 moves there's little room for strategy. Randomly destructive pretties, sure, but you're not just playing for points, you also want to knock out the other Pokemon. I think 8 moves would be better.
Fair point. It'd also create a good opportunity to put a lid on repeating moves, because, as much as it might be that you only landed one strategically viable move, spamming is really shitty for the purposes of showsmanship, and I kind of got mildly annoyed anytime I rolled up a move that would probably end up getting spammed.

Back
Top Bottom