• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Pokemon Academy

Littlestream

The reflection of the moon
As you stroll around the Safari Zone, wanting to catch some pokemon, you come across a red brick building with a sign on it that says "Pokemon Academy." You can see a large forest behind the building, but it is fenced off. Stepping into the building, you see rows of desks lined up.
A woman smiles at you and says, " Welcome to the Pokemon Academy! You came just in time, the students should arrive any minute now, and today there is a test! You can take it with them if you want. When my students finish a test, I take them out into the forest behind the school to catch pokemon as a reward. I haven't fully explored this forest yet, and you can only go to parts I have been to. Other parts of the forest may contain different pokemon, so I will go to explore more of the forest every few weeks, and then you can catch pokemon there. And for my A+ students, I have extra pokemon to give as gifts in the cupboard behind my desk.
There is a tuition, of course, and if you take the test with the higher grades, you have to pay more. The reward is greater, though. You may redo your test for $2. And if you're really lucky, you'll find the pond I discovered in the forest somewhere, and I will let you fish for one pokemon. This pokemon will use one of your Poke Balls, however. Oh, and one of my students lost her Glameow in the forest last week. If you find it, you will get a special gift."

Basically, I will give you some pokemon related questions, and for each one you answer correctly, you will get a pokeball to use in the forest. Each grade's test has one more question than the previous, and the grades start at five. The tuition for grades five through seven is $4, eight through ten is $5, and eleven and twelve are $6. If you get all of the questions correct, you will get a prize pokemon, which may differ from the ones you can get in the forest. New pokemon will appear in the forest every few weeks. The stock of prize pokemon will also change then.

Found Pokemon:
Common
rattata gastly hoothoot kricketot taillow bidoof sentret pidgey budew shuppet sunkern zubat starly roselia
Uncommon
noctowl banette haunter pidgeotto golbat haunter swellow mightyena raticate sunflora bibarel kricketune staravia
Rare
pidgeot bulbasaur crobat turtwig roserade gengar chikorita

Well, what else can I say but have fun?

Last edited:
The teacher smiles as she hands you your test.
"Good luck!" she says.
The test questions look a bit random to you...

Where can you catch Moltres?
What color (main body color) is Shiny Dusknoir?
Which HM scales rocks?
Does Ash have a Ludicolo?
What movie does Mew appear in?
Who is the leader of the Vermillion Gym?
Can you catch Linoone in Sapphire?
Which pokemon are the starters of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum?
Where can you catch Gastrodon? (one location)
What type is Snorlax?
What color is Blue’s hair?
Who are Ash’s traveling companions in the Kanto region?

- Victory Road (RBY), Mt. Ember (FRLG), Sinnoh (Pt), Mt. Silver (HGSS)
- Blue
- Rock Climb, provided you have the badge from Snowpoint
- No, that's Brock
- Mewtwo vs. Mew / Mewtwo Strikes Back, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
- Lt. Surge
- Yes
- Piplup, Turtwig, and Chimchar
- Route 221
- Normal
- Orange / Brown, depending on Canon
- Misty and Brock

You do know people could just look up the answers, don't you? I would never do so, but people might.

I can has A+?

Yes, I know. But cheaters never prosper, and besides, the people on this forum are pretty honest.
Wow. You even got the gastrodon question right. The RNG was mean to you, but you still got an A+!

The teacher hands back your test, with a huge A+ on it. "Excellent work!" she says, as she leads you to the back of the room. She hands you a pokeball, and out of it pops a male
sentret.
"Isn't he cute?" the teacher says. "Now, class, let's go to the forest!"
The forest is a dark place, and the surprise of a pokemon jumping out of the shadows sends a fright through the class. A male
rattata
eyes you curiously.
While the teacher explains that this is a normal example of a good rattata, you have a chance to catch it.
Catch/Ignore
Poke Balls left: 12

Wow, now the RNG is being really mean.

As you continue to walk through the forest, you hear a scream and see a purple blob licking the teacher's face! It is a
gastly (male)
Catch/Ignore

The RNG wants you to have male pokemon.

Something flies down from the treetops and lands on the teacher's shoulder. It's a
noctowl (female)
Catch/Ignore
Poke Balls remaining: 10

You see a cute, fluffy, beaver - like thing up ahead. When you go to inspect it, you find out that it is a
bidoof

...Well, at least it's not a bird.
You were three away from it being shiny, too.

Back
Top Bottom