• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/them
HI GUYS SORRY FOR BUMPING SLIGHTLY BUT I UH

DID A LOT OF THINKING AND NOW I'M KINDA CONFUSED

For me personally, gender isn't really something I think about terribly often? I do prefer she/her pronouns and I'm cool with being called a girl but other than that it just....doesn't really come to mind all that often?

It's exceptionally perplexing because I know how I think about things is kinda atypical a lot of the time, so I don't know if this is generally how cis people think about gender or just how I personally think about gender and it's just. confusing. I really don't know.

It's something that I'd thought about for like five seconds a few times but I did a lot of thinking today and it just ended in me being really confused
Oh this is fucking funny. apologies for the hardcore thread necromancy but, look, quiltbag stuff is always relevant

Long story short, for those of you who aren’t on the telegram: my (blessedly bi, I’m serious, he concluded that he was bi and destroyed his metaphorical closet a week later) boyfriend left a dress shirt at my house! I tried it on as a gag! Had Gender Thoughts that were originally just Gender Presentation Fuckery and then evolved into genuine gender confusion! Might not be a cis girl after all! Amazing. Good job 2015 flora you were truly ahead of your time, except not because you couldn’t (and still can’t) word things to save your life. At least I can think about this without getting a headache now.

LadyJirachu

Judgemental people GTFO
Pronoun
she
I'm joining this club, 'cuz I am bi-sexual (and, currently more into other girls, thanks to korrina xD).

But, I may be wary to read posts in this club that aren't mine, since I can be very sensitive to negative things happening to people in the lgbt/quiltbag community :(

My current crush, which is a female anime character named Korrina (yes she's the same korrina from pokemon too lol), has helped me with my autism and general happiness a whole lot. I actually love her like she's a real person now, and the idea of life without her can make me feel loads of pain.

Love is love :)

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/them
Oh this is fucking funny. apologies for the hardcore thread necromancy but, look, quiltbag stuff is always relevant

Long story short, for those of you who aren’t on the telegram: my (blessedly bi, I’m serious, he concluded that he was bi and destroyed his metaphorical closet a week later) boyfriend left a dress shirt at my house! I tried it on as a gag! Had Gender Thoughts that were originally just Gender Presentation Fuckery and then evolved into genuine gender confusion! Might not be a cis girl after all! Amazing. Good job 2015 flora you were truly ahead of your time, except not because you couldn’t (and still can’t) word things to save your life. At least I can think about this without getting a headache now.
So update! I’m nonbinary! I’ve been pretty sure of this for like a week but I was constantly like “but what if I’m wrong” so only actually mentioned it last night to various people, exactly one of whom I know IRL!

I did tell my sister that I was thinking about gender, and she was kinda weird about it (“when I was doing gender thinking I concluded I was more comfortable as I am, but whatever helps your mental health...”), so I’m like...a bit hesitant to talk about it to my family now that I’m sure I’m nb, cause I don’t know how they’re gonna react and if it’s Weird I might puke, but my bf knows and has been an absolute gift so that helps

crime gardevoir

Mainly ghosts
Pronoun
she/her/they/them
I'm genderfluid (but usually they/her) and pan.

I think it's something you can't really be wrong about- if you feel something about your gender, even vaguely, it's a feeling worth chasing. Even if you have mild gender dysphoria at most, finding where you feel best with gender and embracing it can bring a lot of happiness and comfort into your life that wasn't there before. The only real risks come from other people being shitty, and it's pretty unfulfilling (and even horrific) to let that dictate every aspect of your identity. Anecdotally there's rough patches that come with it, but they're worth the trouble in the end.

(also I don't know how hot of a take this is, but I think some thread necromancy is warranted- this forum is going a lot slower than it was when I was a teen, and that's not really going to get fixed unless people start posting again. Most threads have their last post months to years ago, and it seems like that's a problem that'd feed itself)

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/them
once more, I revive the QUILTBAG club to talk about me being an idiot about gender

so the highlights of the past year, first off! I made a shitload of fandom friends who’ve only ever known me as chel the nonbinary icon, and that has been a Blessing, oh my god. I came out to my irl friends (who are all super chill, and one turned out to be agender so I am not the only nb icon!) and my family, who are still learning but they’re trying really hard and I appreciate it.

so! The stupidity! Back in March I was getting stupid antsy about my hair, because I hadn’t gotten it cut in awhile and quarantine started RIGHT when I was like “imma call to schedule a haircut” and I was full force ANGRY about it and it took me LITERALLY ASKING PEOPLE “hey can hair length be dysphoria-inducing” to be like, oh, this is dysphoria and I’m being stupid.(I got it cut, mom realized it was dysphoria real quick and was GUNG HO about chopping it off.)

so lately I’ve been like, debating the whole name thing, cause originally I started goin by Chel online to avoid getting found by coworkers et al but I found I really liked it, and especially when IRL folks use it (aforementioned agender friend exclusively calls me Chel now). but I don’t mind my legal name, you know? So I was like “is this a Name name or just a nickname or w/e. Until I remembered that there are a LOT of cis people who are like “my name’s fine but I like this better” and I’m not questioning THAT.

so, uh. That’s chel’s stupid gender hours.

IndigoEmmy

...but that's ok! Because this is a seaplane!
Pronoun
She/Her or They/Them
Nothing wrong with that. I kept meaning to revive this thread on my own. So i'm trans and i'm Bi and i Identify as Demi-girl so i'm about as confusing as i can get but it doesn't really matter as long as people call me she/her pronouns :D *Nervous Laughter*

serimachi

Pronoun
he
QUILTBAG :love: You know, as a 12 year old, I think these forums were my first real interaction with people from what I would have considered "the outside world", both in that the culture was much more liberal and my hometown and family, but also people engaged with me like I don't think they'd typically engage with a twelve year old IRL (i.e. actually taking their ideas seriously and not taking pains not too sound harsh).

I have vague memories of joining and arguing against gay marriage, which I'm sure I could find if I looked (but ew.) Users here argued me out of that notion, or at least really shook my resolve there and a lot of my more close-minded beliefs. (I also really, really looked up to Butterfree and hung on her every word, and now that I think about it, I wonder if I would have been an atheist if not for her blog posts. That never occurred to me before, and it's probably true, which blows my mind since "there's no god" seems like such an obvious fact of the universe nowadays.) So two years or so later, when I realized that I, myself, am gay, I think I can actually draw a direct line between the TCoD community and my young self's ability to not think it was something wrong or that I had something to hide. Who would've thought a Pokemon fan forum can have such an effect on one's life!

Last edited:

Herbe

mr. business
Pronoun
he/him
since accepting myself as trans, i've thought i'm a straight guy, but turns out i might be bi as long as I don't have to be another guy's "girlfriend." when i was a kid, i'd get crushes on guys right up until we might date, at which point i was repulsed. couldn't figure out why. maybe this is it

Ysabel

Tilly
Pronoun
they or she
I'm confused, honestly, but not cis nor trans. Maybe more on the neutral area. Though at this point in my life I'm alright with being a female that doesn't present as too feminine.

Edit- If I think about it it's partly body dysphoria and partly I just don't feel comfortable with fitting the mold society has defined for what women are supposed to be like

Also thanks for the reacts :) <3

Last edited:

kokorico

cooped up
Pronoun
e/em/eir/emself
(my bisexuality includes enbies, i'm kinda gender agnostic about it but i prefer the term bi over pan)
Same! I'm not a fan of being called pan because it feels - to me, at least - like it implies I experience attraction as being totally independent from gender, and that's not quite how it works. It's kinda difficult to articulate, but there is a qualitative difference between how I feel about dating (say) a guy vs a girl.

There's a great deal of fluidity, too - some days it's "help, everyone is hot", others I'm practically monosexual. And I certainly do experience attraction to non-binary people as well.

As far as gender goes, well, still figuring that one out.

storm

aiat
Pronoun
they/them
I'm sure I had a post in here on my old account but I'm too lazy to go looking

still aromantic asexual, though nowadays I'm a lot quieter about that For Unpleasant Reasons. but my gender is [handwave], I go by agender since that's easiest and also pleasingly makes me an aaa person. I used to be more dysphoric when I was growing up, but now my body is tolerable, so that's something. I'm in the closet at home, but out to my friends, and my friends and recent classes use a chosen name for me, so that's neat!

Mistyx

nyanbinary
Pronoun
she/they
i too am ace aro! i'm not really quiet about it but there were slightly Unpleasant Reasons in the way I ended up essentially confirming it to myself

gender stuff is...no clue tbh. definitely am not cis and have been trying to slowly cut out he/him pronouns for about a month now? I think I prefer female pronouns to neutral ones but I do still think I'm some sort of non-binary/not fully trans idk