• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

QUILTBAG :love: You know, as a 12 year old, I think these forums were my first real interaction with people from what I would have considered "the outside world", both in that the culture was much more liberal and my hometown and family, but also people engaged with me like I don't think they'd typically engage with a twelve year old IRL (i.e. actually taking their ideas seriously and not taking pains not too sound harsh).

I have vague memories of joining and arguing against gay marriage, which I'm sure I could find if I looked (but ew.) Users here argued me out of that notion, or at least really shook my resolve there and a lot of my more close-minded beliefs. (I also really, really looked up to Butterfree and hung on her every word, and now that I think about it, I wonder if I would have been an atheist if not for her blog posts. That never occurred to me before, and it's probably true, which blows my mind since "there's no god" seems like such an obvious fact of the universe nowadays.) So two years or so later, when I realized that I, myself, am gay, I think I can actually draw a direct line between the TCoD community and my young self's ability to not think it was something wrong or that I had something to hide. Who would've thought a Pokemon fan forum can have such an effect on one's life!

Last edited:
since accepting myself as trans, i've thought i'm a straight guy, but turns out i might be bi as long as I don't have to be another guy's "girlfriend." when i was a kid, i'd get crushes on guys right up until we might date, at which point i was repulsed. couldn't figure out why. maybe this is it

I'm confused, honestly, but not cis nor trans. Maybe more on the neutral area. Though at this point in my life I'm alright with being a female that doesn't present as too feminine.

Edit- If I think about it it's partly body dysphoria and partly I just don't feel comfortable with fitting the mold society has defined for what women are supposed to be like

Also thanks for the reacts :) <3

Last edited:
(my bisexuality includes enbies, i'm kinda gender agnostic about it but i prefer the term bi over pan)
Same! I'm not a fan of being called pan because it feels - to me, at least - like it implies I experience attraction as being totally independent from gender, and that's not quite how it works. It's kinda difficult to articulate, but there is a qualitative difference between how I feel about dating (say) a guy vs a girl.

There's a great deal of fluidity, too - some days it's "help, everyone is hot", others I'm practically monosexual. And I certainly do experience attraction to non-binary people as well.

As far as gender goes, well, still figuring that one out.

I'm sure I had a post in here on my old account but I'm too lazy to go looking

still aromantic asexual, though nowadays I'm a lot quieter about that For Unpleasant Reasons. but my gender is [handwave], I go by agender since that's easiest and also pleasingly makes me an aaa person. I used to be more dysphoric when I was growing up, but now my body is tolerable, so that's something. I'm in the closet at home, but out to my friends, and my friends and recent classes use a chosen name for me, so that's neat!

i too am ace aro! i'm not really quiet about it but there were slightly Unpleasant Reasons in the way I ended up essentially confirming it to myself

gender stuff is...no clue tbh. definitely am not cis and have been trying to slowly cut out he/him pronouns for about a month now? I think I prefer female pronouns to neutral ones but I do still think I'm some sort of non-binary/not fully trans idk

Ed8NMgLXoAEMtFJ

Wow I haven't posted in here since US States were still legalizing gay marriage.
Anyways, I'm pretty fly for a bi guy.
Any-anyways, a friend has been going through her online transition and it is so. cute. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Back
Top Bottom