• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I will put Obamasnow here also.
obamasnow2eo0.png

Chaaaaaange!

Lol.

I don't know how to crit it, but where did you get the Obama pic? Is it a pixel-over?

It's a very careful scratch. I pixel-over'd a lot of it, but a lot was improvised.

edit:
I suppose I will throw this scratch gardevoir thing here too.

gardeum1.png

^^^Awesome! It's so good~

Crit for an Eevee/Skitty splice I did...

eeveeskittyzn1.png

No I didn't kill the tail. It was already like that on Frame 2 of Skitty's platinum sprite{I think}. I'm quite sure.

obamasnow2eo0.png

LOLOL!

Seriously, I've never seen something so creative and funny in my whole Pokemon spriting career (which has lasted for only about 6 months xD). The dithering is not over-used, which makes it look really detailed, and you've shaded under parts like the nose and the mouth.

But the only problem I spot is the shading needs to be flipped. The light comes from the left-hand side, not the right-hand. That problem is apparent on the Abomasnow bits of the sprite and the outline. Try not the over-crowd the sprite with shades to make it look more 3-D. Add some shading to the hair too, about 1 or 2 shades will be fine.

Yeah Adnan, I'd just realized I forgot to reshade the Abomasnow sprite after I flipped it. O: I should get around to redoing that.

Okay, so I randomly decided to do a devamp. I don't know why, I just did. And I'm really happy with it.

2qup45z.png

Critique?

Here are my new versions of the Char line as Artic pokemon, which are a new group of pokemon I'm thinking about putting in my game. The artic pokemo would be slightly stronger nd have different abilities than there normal cousins. Please tell me how I can make them better and whether or not you think they are a good idea. Any crits are welcome.
articcharslb0.png

Here are my new versions of the Char line as Artic pokemon, which are a new group of pokemon I'm thinking about putting in my game. The artic pokemo would be slightly stronger nd have different abilities than there normal cousins. Please tell me how I can make them better and whether or not you think they are a good idea. Any crits are welcome.
articcharslb0.png

Well, I work for the game, so... don't kill meh, boss!XD
Well, you said they were artic pokemon, right? Well, those are recolored, really. Try, for example, something like making the flames icy-like.
Oh, and in the game, wouldn't it really work if you put in an icy-cold area?

Oh sorry for not putting this in the first post, these are just recolours I did to show my idea and see if people would like it. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try the ice tail thing when I get time and about the icy areas ingame, these are going to be like high up on the mountains where it's hard to get too and really cold places like mountain clearings, the glaciers and places like that. Any more suggestions anyone?

Jewel = The fires exactly the same as the normal fire except with different colours.

okay, like random-typhoon said, you should add some icy parts to it. And maybe you should even it out with the opposite, so it won't just be ice pokemon. Like, making a fire version too.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to add some ice things to the pokemon but the pokemon aren't complete ice types, they are just a new breed of normal pokemon and so I'm going to change some of the body parts to adapt the body parts to protect the pokemon against the cold such as thicker skin, larger muscle insulating and thicker fur and things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom