• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.
megasplice.png

it's horrible! it's disgusting! it's both scratched and spliced!
it includes steelix, giratina (origin forme), darkrai, torterra, deoxys (attack), heatran (yes, those pitiful legs!), and lairon.

good fusion but it scares me!
it's horrible! it's disgusting! it's both scratched and spliced!
this reminds me of some thing we said when I was little it's horrible! it's disgusting! it's pee!

I tried my hand at splicing, and spliced Pikachu and Charmander. I'd like some critisism!
Pikamander.png

I also spliced some trainers and made a sprite of my friend. Again, critisism?
Jackson.png

Okay.

Criticism is spelled criticism.
Pikamander.png

It's not bad, a very good first attempt. Only qualms I have are that the outline isn't reshaded, and the tail is a smidge too low.

The trainer is good, too, but some of the outline seems to have been vanishéd.

Quote: Originally Posted by [B said:
superyoshi888[/B]
Kirazy__s_Tyluv_by_vaporchu8.png

Made for a friend. View his original art here.

My scratching has gotten much better, as you can see. Yep, no splicing whatsoever.

superyoshi888;358647]Crit plox? Been sitting here for nearly 2 months now. :U

Its a good sprite but I can't say i have ever seen shading on the chest like that (all the way on the left, a thin line of lightness)

LatiosTrainer.png

Mehhh I wish I had the clothes and I actually looked like this (brown hair and hair style, the eyes I already have)

(so I am not sued on the internet for sprite theft)
Color of hair and style(refrence for style) come from [link] which belongs to

Clothing and hair style was recolored and partially scratched and pose and base for clothes and hair was made from a few trainers

They look like decent scratches, but the outline could use some rounding off. Also, the inside outlines(for the eyes, teeth, doors, etc.) could use some shading.

10g03fn.png

Dedede WIP. The pose is based heavily on the Brawl Stock image, but edited slightly to I dunno, make him look a little meaner. I'm going to add the hammer(well duhs) and his mouth, clean up the outline some, and then shade. Any idea on what I should fix when I go to clean it up?

They look almost the same, but then again it has been a few days since I last looked at them. Chesafe's left side(our right) is a little straight. The others look good, though, in terms of smoothness.

King_Dedede_Pokemon_DPPt_style_by_vaporchu8.png

Done! Like last time, I limited myself to the D/P style, but took some artistic liberties to create texture. The shading and light source is still Pokemon style.

Better but it does not have a light shade (you may have done that on purpose)

(does this belong here?)
Latiaspixelart.png

C+C please, 'cause every time I post something no one crits...

Better but it does not have a light shade (you may have done that on purpose)

Where, on the Kimono? Well, I couldn't exactly put one. I was pushing the color limit as it was. D/P sprites only have up to 14 colors(I think). Mine has exactly 14. For Dedede's reds and blues, he does have light shades. His kimono, gloves, shoes, gold part of the hat, and his hammer all share the same colors, to some extent. They only differ in which combinations of colors are used and how I shaded them.

You Latias looks pretty good. It has an anime look to it, which is I guess what you were aiming for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom