• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Variety Fields

DarkAura

loves terra "brain cells? idk her" kingdomhearts
The Variety Fields, as you expect, have varying types of Pokémon, though in different places of TVF. Mind you, not all types are on here. There's only ten types out of the 17 on here.

Volcanic Crater

Description: This volcanic crater was created when a meteorite stroke. Since lava flows through the volcano's crater, the meteorite was eventually melted, and the crater is now home to many fire types.

Common Pokémon: Charmander Vulpix Growlithe Ponyta Cyndaquil Slugma Magby Torchic Numel Chimchar Tepig Pansear Darumaka

Uncommon Pokémon: Charmeleon Ninetales ArcanineRapidash Magmar Flareon Quilava Magcargo Combusken Camerupt Torkoal Monferno Pignite Simisear Darmanitan Heatmor

Rare Pokémon: Charizard Magmortar Typhlosion Blaziken Infernape Emboar Larvesta

Ultra Rare Pokémon: Volcarona

Items: Fire Gem, Flame Plate, Charcoal, Fire Stone

Coastal River

Description: It was once a sandy clearing. One day, however, a flood came by. Once it ended, it created a river, home to many small water types

Very common: Magikarp Azurill

Common: Squirtle Psyduck Slowpoke Poliwag Krabby Goldeen Staryu Totodile Wooper Corsola Marill Corphish Clamperl Buizel Shellos Shellos* Oshawott Panpour

Uncommon: Wartortle Golduck Slowbro Poliwhirl Kingler Seaking Starmie Croconaw Quagsire Azumarill Crawdaunt Huntail Gorebyss Floatzel Gastrodon Gastrodon* Dewott Simipour

Rare: Blastoise Slowking Poliwrath Feraligatr Samurott

Ultra Rare: Politoed Gyarados

Items: Sea Incense, Wave Incense, Splash Plate, Mystic Water, Water Stone, and Water Gem.

"*" means East forme

Deep Blue Ocean
For ocean dwelling Water types ~Coming Soon~

Grassy Plain

For Grass types ~Coming Soon~

Lightning Field

For Electric types ~Coming Soon~

Icicle Caverns

For Ice types ~Coming Soon~

Saffron Dojo

For Fighting types ~Coming Soon~

Cloudy Sky

For Flying types ~Coming Soon~

Mystical Building

For Psychic types ~Coming Soon~

Dark Dungeon

For Dark types ~Coming Soon~

Dragon(fly) Cave

Description: Way back when, when dinosaurs lived along side dragons and scolded at the smallest bugs, a lone Butterfree decided to take the cave and make it into a popular Pokemon site, where dinosaurs died and the smallest bugs lived along side dragons. You can now find many dragons here.

Common: Dratini Bagon Axew Gible Trapinch Deino Swablu

Uncommon: Dragonair Shelgon Fraxure Gabite Vibrava Druddigon Zweilous

Rare: Dragonite Salamence Haxorus Garchomp Flygon Hydreigon Altaria

Ultra Rare: Butterfree has been caught! It's no longer able to be caught!

Ultra Ultra Rare: Rotom***

Items: Draco Plate, Dragon Gem

"***" means "Rotom the Troll". He has come to troll TCoD and must be caught. Only one is available.

Some of these places need an item to actually go there.

~The Volcanic Crater needs water for every trip, which'll cost $2 (My god, water prices going up), or a Water type.

~The Coastal River needs a Pokemon that can learn surf to go there, or you could rent a canoe for $1.

~The Deep Blue Ocean needs a Pokemon that can learn surf to go there, or you could rent a ferry for $3.

~Cloudy Sky needs a Pokemon with Fly, or rent a Airglider for $3.

~Dark Dungeon is, well, Dark, so you need a Pokemon capable of lighting a dungeon (Like Charmander) or rent a flashlight for $2.

~ Icicle Cavern is very slick, so you'll need some cleats which are $3.

Entering a TVF zone costs $2, and you get an automatic 10 Safari Balls when you go in. Extra balls are worth $1. Very Commons are free. For every common and uncommon Pokemon you catch, it adds $2 to your total amount of money. Rare Pokemon cost $3, Ultra rares are $4, Ultra Ultra rares are $5, Shinies cost nothing, no matter what rarity it is.

40% chance of encountering Very Common;
30% chance of encountering Common;
20% chance of encountering Uncommon;
6% chance of encountering Rare;
3% chance of encountering Ultra Rare;
1% chance of encountering Ultra Ultra Rare;

1/649 chance of encountering a Shiny.

Right now, only Volcano and Coastal River is up and running. Don't worry, the rest of the zones will be edited so the rest can be playable. :)

Last edited:
OK, you've paid $2 to enter. Now you arrive in the Volcanic Crater. You encounter...

A Male Charmeleon!

Capture? Yes or No?

As you keep on going, you soon find a Female Flareon! Capture it? Yes or No?

Pokemon caught so far: Charmeleon(M)

I'll pass

Also. quick question; Can I quit early at any point? (I don't have much money to spend)

Yes, you can.

OK, since you're new here, and you're the first person to join this, I'll let you keep the Charmeleon free. :D

Mercy Beaucoup. C:

In that case, would you mind if I kept going for a little bit?

Last edited:
Ooh, yay! Revived area! :D

I'd for-definitely-sure like a go in the coastal river. also crossing my fingers for incense

the oher places will be open when i can get to them. ;)

i'll post in the bank later for the entry fees, seeing as my kindle can't get a url to paste in the bank. >>

would you two like to bring a pokemon that can learn surf? if you don't have one, it only costs an extra dollar to rent a canoe. ^^

My Piplup. It is a penguin. Therefore it knows how to surf.
Besides, I would probably drown if I rented a canoe.

Oh yeah! Right... I'm sure out of 80 Pokemon I have someone with surf...
Ummm Nidoking can learn surf right? Otherwise I'll bring lil Wooper :v geez I need more water Pokemon

Aerodactyl's not a water type, but since it can learn rain dance, I guess that'll count. ^^

Dar:

Upon entering the river, you find a Simipour just floating in the water. You think it's dead, but it starts to stir. You can see a little red bow on its head as it turns to smiles at you.

Simipour (Female)

Oh? Oh! You see a little pendant on it's neck. It's a Mystic Water!

What will you do?

1) Catch it and take the item
2) Catch it and leave the item be
3) Take the item and ditch the Pokemon
4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Ten (10) Safari Balls

Alraune:

After pondering indefinitely if Nidoking can learn surf (It can, check Bulbapedia), you decide to play it safe and go with your Wooper. When you set foot in the river, you notice a Buizel that jumped out of the patch of water right in front of you, giving you a big scare.

The Buizel observes you. Smiling, it hands you a little gem. It's a water gem!

Oh? It appears the giggling Buizel would like to join you! Buizel (Female)

What will you do?

1) Catch Buizel and keep the item
2) Catch Buizel and ditch the item
3) Ditch Buizel and keep the item
4) Ditch 'em both

Phantom:

You enter the Volcanic Crater. With the lava right near your feet, you start to pant. Thankfully, your trusty Aerodactyl uses Rain Dance, allowing you to proceed.

An orange and tan blur races past you, leaving you slightly dazed. The blur returns, no longer a blur, but an Arcanine! It studies you, then, after a few seconds, it decides to join you. Arcanine (Male)

Something hot is next to your foot. Putting your foot away from it, you realize it's a piece of Charcoal!

What will you do?

1) Catch Arcanine, take the Charcoal
2) Ditch Arcanine, take the Charcoal
3) Catch Arcanine, ditch the Charcoal
4) Ditch 'em both

Aerodactyl's not a water type, but since it can learn rain dance, I guess that'll count. ^^

Dar:

Upon entering the river, you find a Simipour just floating in the water. You think it's dead, but it starts to stir. You can see a little red bow on its head as it turns to smiles at you.

Simipour (Female)

Oh? Oh! You see a little pendant on it's neck. It's a Mystic Water!

What will you do?

1) Catch it and take the item
2) Catch it and leave the item be
3) Take the item and ditch the Pokemon
4) Leave both of them

Catch and take the item. But what's this red bow all about?

Back
Top Bottom