• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Variety Fields

Phantom:

You enter the Volcanic Crater. With the lava right near your feet, you start to pant. Thankfully, your trusty Aerodactyl uses Rain Dance, allowing you to proceed.

An orange and tan blur races past you, leaving you slightly dazed. The blur returns, no longer a blur, but an Arcanine! It studies you, then, after a few seconds, it decides to join you.

Arcanine (Male)

Something hot is next to your foot. Putting your foot away from it, you realize it's a piece of Charcoal!

What will you do?

1) Catch Arcanine, take the Charcoal
2) Ditch Arcanine, take the Charcoal
3) Catch Arcanine, ditch the Charcoal
4) Ditch 'em both

Inventory: Ten (10) Safari Balls

Ooo, catch the Arcanine, leave the Charcoal.

Dar:
It's to signify that it's female. You can take the bow off if you want. ;)

Gotcha! Simipour (F) was caught!

Oh? You notice a figure in the water a mere few yards from you. It pops up and smiles. It's a Male Clamperl!

Inside the shell, you can faintly see a blue glow. It's a Water Gem!

What will you do?

1) Catch it and take the item
2) Catch it and leave the item be
3) Take the item and ditch the Pokemon
4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water ||| Pokemon: Simipour

Alraune:

Gotcha! Buizel (F) was caught! Smiling at your new little sweetie Buizel, you notice something on the sand next to the river. It appears to be... a (Male) Dewott

Huh? Something is next to it... It appears to be a Wave Incense! (Seriously, from 1 to 100, anything 51 or higher produces an item, and so far, RNG's giving me numbers just a bit higher than that)

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Buizel

Phantom:
Gotcha! Arcanine was caught!

You notice something... er, drowning, I guess in the lava. The figure is completely unfazed by the heat, instead, it's shaking about the fear of drowning. Go figure. Your Aerodactyl, with a resistance to Fire, gets the figure out. It appears to be... a (Female) Chimchar!

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Leave it

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls ||| Pokemon: Arcanine

Dar:
It's to signify that it's female. You can take the bow off if you want. ;)

Gotcha! Simipour (F) was caught!

Oh? You notice a figure in the water a mere few yards from you. It pops up and smiles. It's a Male Clamperl!

Inside the shell, you can faintly see a blue glow. It's a Water Gem!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water ||| Pokemon: Simipour

Take the item.

Phantom:
Gotcha! Arcanine was caught!

You notice something... er, drowning, I guess in the lava. The figure is completely unfazed by the heat, instead, it's shaking about the fear of drowning. Go figure. Your Aerodactyl, with a resistance to Fire, gets the figure out. It appears to be... a (Female) Chimchar!

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Leave it

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls ||| Pokemon: Arcanine

Seriously, I wouldn't want it, but since it's drowning and I have no idea if Pokécide is a thing.... Save and Catch.

Alraune:

Gotcha! Buizel (F) was caught! Smiling at your new little sweetie Buizel, you notice something on the sand next to the river. It appears to be... a (Male) Dewott

Huh? Something is next to it... It appears to be a Wave Incense! (Seriously, from 1 to 100, anything 51 or higher produces an item, and so far, RNG's giving me numbers just a bit higher than that)

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Buizel

ohmygoodness socute
Catch and take the item! :D

Dar:
You swim some more and see that something comes from the water! It must be really really really really-

It's a (Male) Magikarp!

-really really, wait wut?

Something is on it. It's! ... another Mystic Water...

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Simipour,

Alraune:

Gotcha! Dewott (M) was caught! You start to yawn, for you are getting tired. A figure jumps from the water, scaring you and waking you up.

It's a... (Female) Slowking!

Well, I guess it's a Slowqueen now! *Ba dum tiss*

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Leave it

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott

Phantom:
Gotcha! Chimchar (F) was caught!

Oh? A horse rushes by. It appears to be a (Female) Ponyta!

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Leave it

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls ||| Pokemon: Arcanine, Chimchar

Dar:
You swim some more and see that something comes from the water! It must be really really really really-

It's a (Male) Magikarp!

-really really, wait wut?

Something is on it. It's! ... another Mystic Water...

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Simipour

Ignore both of them. I like female Magikarps better.

Alraune:

Gotcha! Dewott (M) was caught! You start to yawn, for you are getting tired. A figure jumps from the water, scaring you and waking you up.

It's a... (Female) Slowking!

Well, I guess it's a Slowqueen now! *Ba dum tiss*

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Leave it

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott

Teehee :B Catch it!

Dar:
You start to get tired, but you keep your cool. Suddenly, something splashes water on you. It appears to be... a (Male) Marill!

It's holding a Water Stone! (uh, do Marill evolve by Water Stone or level? I forget...)

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Simipour,

Alraune:

Gotcha! Slowqueen was caught! Well then, it's getting slightly boring for less and less Pokemon are appearing in the water, so you decide to search around the shore a bit.

Something on the ground stirs. It's a... (Female) Politoed!

The Politoed glances at you and smiles. It then lays back down and starts playing with a little stone. Oh? It's a water stone!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Seven (7) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott, Slowking,

Phantom:
You start to sigh, as you are getting bored. Suddenly, something bright rises from a pile of ashes.

My god... It's... It's! A (Male) Volcarona

There's something next to it... It's a Flame Plate!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls ||| Pokemon: Arcanine, Chimchar

Dar:
You start to get tired, but you keep your cool. Suddenly, something splashes water on you. It appears to be... a (Male) Marill!

It's holding a Water Stone! (uh, do Marill evolve by Water Stone or level? I forget...)

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Nine (9) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem ||| Pokemon: Simipour

They evolve by level. And I'll take both.

Alraune:

Gotcha! Slowqueen was caught! Well then, it's getting slightly boring for less and less Pokemon are appearing in the water, so you decide to search around the shore a bit.

Something on the ground stirs. It's a... (Female) Politoed!

The Politoed glances at you and smiles. It then lays back down and starts playing with a little stone. Oh? It's a water stone!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Seven (7) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott, Slowking

Eeee it's my favorite Poli! Catch it and take the item.

Dar:
Gotcha! Marill (M) was caught!

As you start to stretch a bit, you notice something on top your head. It appears to be...

Magikarp It's a (Female) Magikarp!

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Ditch it

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem, Water-Stone ||| Pokemon: Simipour, Marill

Alraune:
Gotcha! Politoed (F) was caught!

As you're busy looking at the Pokeballs which held your new Pokemon, you notice a glow in the middle of the river. Something blue pops up. It's a Male Politoed!

Wait a tick! Politoed aren't blue! Unless...

Politoed.gif
*Gasp* It's a shiny! :D

And it's holding a Sea Incense!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Six (6) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense, Water-Stone ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott, Slowking, Politoed

Note: I'm totally serious. RNG got the 649 needed for a shiny, and I was like "Nah, it's not like she's going to get a Politoed", and RNG got 98 for the rarities, which left Politoed and Gyarados. And, out of 1 and 2, it got one. Can you believe it?! :D

Alraune:
Gotcha! Politoed (F) was caught!

As you're busy looking at the Pokeballs which held your new Pokemon, you notice a glow in the middle of the river. Something blue pops up. It's a Male Politoed!

Wait a tick! Politoed aren't blue! Unless...

Politoed.gif
*Gasp* It's a shiny! :D

And it's holding a Sea Incense!

What will you do?

4) Leave both of them

Inventory: Six (6) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense, Water-Stone ||| Pokemon: Buizel, Dewott, Slowking, Politoed

Note: I'm totally serious. RNG got the 649 needed for a shiny, and I was like "Nah, it's not like she's going to get a Politoed", and RNG got 98 for the rarities, which left Politoed and Gyarados. And, out of 1 and 2, it got one. Can you believe it?! :D

oh

my

god

I take them both!! 8D

oh hey, why'd I forget to mention? The Dragon(fly) Cave is now up and running. If you all would like, you're free to end early and go to another zone.

Alraune:
Gotcha! Politoed (Shiny Male) was caught!

You yawn. That makes Slowpoke yawn. Oh, did I mention a Slowpoke's next to you? 'Cause that's kind of important. Yeah, a Slowpoke. Awesome.

Slowpoke Oh hey, it's a male!

Catch?

1) Catch it
2) Ditch it

Inventory: Five (5) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense, Water-Stone, Sea-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel(M), Dewott(M), Slowking(F), Politoed(F), Politoed(*M)

"*" means shiny

oh hey, why'd I forget to mention? The Dragon(fly) Cave is now up and running. If you all would like, you're free to end early and go to another zone.

Alraune:
Gotcha! Politoed (Shiny Male) was caught!

You yawn. That makes Slowpoke yawn. Oh, did I mention a Slowpoke's next to you? 'Cause that's kind of important. Yeah, a Slowpoke. Awesome.

Slowpoke Oh hey, it's a male!

Catch?

1) Catch it
2) Ditch it

Inventory: Five (5) Safari Balls, Water-Gem, Wave-Incense, Water-Stone, Sea-Incense ||| Pokemon: Buizel(M), Dewott(M), Slowking(F), Politoed(F), Politoed(*M)

"*" means shiny

Aww, a cutie! I'll catch him too. And... hm, yeah, I think I'd like to go check out the Dragon(fly) Cave! My PC is severely lacking in dragon types.

Dar:
Gotcha! Marill (M) was caught!

As you start to stretch a bit, you notice something on top your head. It appears to be...

Magikarp It's a (Female) Magikarp!

What will you do?

1) Catch it
2) Ditch it

Inventory: Eight (8) Safari Balls, Mystic-Water, Water-Gem, Water-Stone ||| Pokemon: Simipour, Marill

Catch and take the item.

Alraune you're fucking lucky.

Alraune:
Hrm. Let's see... three (un)commons mean $6... One rare is $3, one ultra rare is $4, and shinies are free... Your final cost is $13. Thank you for visiting the Coastal River TVF Zone. Have a nice day!

----------

Welcome to Dragon(fly) Cave! Since you quit early rather than complete the course, this one's free! That's, like, saving $2! Isn't that nice?

Well then, here are your ten generic Safari Balls! Go on and have fun with your course!

Oh? A (Male) Shelgon rubbed against you! How cute!

What will you do?

1) Catch
2) Don't

Dar:
Well then! You trudge on again and you find...

Yet another Male Magikarp....

Catch?
1) Yes
2) No

Last edited:
Ignore. And I'll move to the Dragon(fly) Cave. I shall find that Butterfree.

Back
Top Bottom