• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Two Rooms and a Boom

Role sharing with Mr Ultracool in round 2 was the worst decision I ever made, which meant a role share with the leprachan but i didn't know that red was the leprachan

Btw @Mistyx why the sad react
to what?

this

pissed at hydre for sniping my leprechaun win
Believe me i didn't want to win that way, it was Game Over for the President in Round 2 however

I say that because Mr Ultrachool told everyone who was the President after I role shared with him

...a third party that's aligned with a team is just a part of that team
By "third party that's a natural ally of one team", I mean someone who has a unique win condition, but whose best method of achieving their win condition is to work with one particular team rather than the other.

The ones I mentioned:
  • Moby Dick and Ahab each win if they are in the opposite room to the Bomber while the other is not. The easiest way (though not the only way) for each of them to do that is to help the Red Team out, so that they know who the Bomber is and the Bomber has a motivation to help them.
  • The President's Wife and the President's Mistress (little bit heteronormative/patriarchal, but we could change the flavour) each win if they are in the same room as the President while the other is not. Likewise, they are natural allies of the Blue Team.
Of course, you'd kinda need to have all four in the same game, otherwise either the win conditions would be invalid or one team would have an advantage. So I think you'd probably need more players than we had here, otherwise you're starting to run out of people who actually are on one team or the other.

I'm not really sure what the best ratio of blue/red:grey roles is. Like I said in the signup thread, when I've played IRL it's been with 30-40 players, so it's always extremely chaotic anyway.

By "third party that's a natural ally of one team", I mean someone who has a unique win condition, but whose best method of achieving their win condition is to work with one particular team rather than the other.

The ones I mentioned:
  • Moby Dick and Ahab each win if they are in the opposite room to the Bomber while the other is not. The easiest way (though not the only way) for each of them to do that is to help the Red Team out, so that they know who the Bomber is and the Bomber has a motivation to help them.
  • The President's Wife and the President's Mistress (little bit heteronormative/patriarchal, but we could change the flavour) each win if they are in the same room as the President while the other is not. Likewise, they are natural allies of the Blue Team.
Of course, you'd kinda need to have all four in the same game, otherwise either the win conditions would be invalid or one team would have an advantage. So I think you'd probably need more players than we had here, otherwise you're starting to run out of people who actually are on one team or the other.

That would be awesome idea @kokorico

Role sharing with Mr Ultracool in round 2 was the worst decision I ever made, which meant a role share with the leprachan but i didn't know that red was the leprachan

Btw @Mistyx why the sad react
to what?

this

pissed at hydre for sniping my leprechaun win
Believe me i didn't want to win that way, it was Game Over for the President in Round 2 however

I say that because Mr Ultrachool told everyone who was the President after I role shared with him in
I'm really sorry about that - you were kind of pressured into that, anyways, and not sharing that info would have been Anti-Red play : /

Back
Top Bottom