• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Types Advantages and Disadvantages

^Exactly. This is Pokemon, not science class. T_T

Anyway, I think something else should be super effective against Electric. Maybe one of the random types like Poison or Dragon? It only having one weakness is pretty lame... :|

Zangoose and Seviper being able to breed isn't all that peculiar. Just because the two species have grown to each other, doesn't mean that their bodies don't have the right reproductive system to breed together. For example, what if all the white people in the world hated all the black people, and vice versa? The two races would still be able to breed.

Able to =/= would be willing to. It doesn't have to come down to race to be true; I can hate any old guy in the world, no matter what color he is, and yet we'd still be able to reproduce. But there's no way we'd do it willingly.

Also mammal + reptile = doesn't work, although all of Pokémon does that. Hooray for dead, spectral things reproducing with living things?

No, it's more that + mammal and reptile. The two of them together is what makes it awkward. I mean, all the egg groups defy stuff like that (how do dead things reproduce with living things, anyway?), but that one seems doubly-off.

Don't Forget Skitty and Wailord.

Yeah, but what I don't get is why Skitty ever came up over Diglett in the first place. Whatever.

Yeah, but what I don't get is why Skitty ever came up over Diglett in the first place. Whatever.
Possibly a "Think of the kittens!" thing. Diglett's already kind of creepy what with that whole "What does the rest of its body look like?" thing so people probably gravitate more towards the cute fuzzy pink kitten doing naughty things with whales.

I need to stop putting quotations in the middle of sentences now.

Able to =/= would be willing to. It doesn't have to come down to race to be true; I can hate any old guy in the world, no matter what color he is, and yet we'd still be able to reproduce. But there's no way we'd do it willingly.
yeah, but maybe the pokemon put their differences aside once they're caught by the same trainer. I dunno.

I'm pretty sure the Electric > Flying thing is because if you're high up and out in the open, you're more likely to be struck by lightning.

I figured it was birds sitting on electric wires. If a bird is dumb enough to put it's legs on two different wires, it gets electrocuted. But most birds aren't that dumb.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out how Ice < Fighting is meant to work :/ Or Ice < Steel, for that matter.

I get the ice steel thing
Random ice type uses icy wind
random steel type: I'm inorganic your cold won't hurt me now i'll shatter you because ice is brittle uses meteor mash
fighting type smash too they are both realy strong

What I don't get it is how Ghost is able to hit Fighting types. Fighting is kind of like Normal, except that they have martial arts thrown into the mix. If Fighting can't hit Ghost, it should also be the same with Ghosts not being able to hit them.

Ice & Fighting: Martial Artists can break bricks with their bare fists... I don't think Ice is that much of a stretch...

Fighting & Rock: Back to the bricks...

Fighting & Steel: Takes a bit more effort, sure, but I am sure that, considering Pokemon are far stronger than humans, that Steel isn't that much harder for them to break

Ice & Steel: Steel bar smashed against hard ice = Shatter. Also, have you ever seen ice do anything to steel during the winter?

Ghost & Fighting: I presume that, due to Ghost attacks being based more on illusions and such, well, the fighting type would be unnerved as is due to their fists doing nothing. Imagine, say, a blob of darkness then coming at them!

Addendum to Ghost & Normal: The average person would likely go, "Hey, how'd you do that? That is so cool how you floated through me!"

XD I could actually see a Bidoof saying that, while the Gastly is sweatdropping, going, "What? Does this Pokemon have Simple or something?"

Can someone tell me why Ice isn't super-effective to water? One would think, because water would just freeze? It's always bothered me.

Can someone tell me why Ice isn't super-effective to water? One would think, because water would just freeze? It's always bothered me.
You'd thinking, especially seeing as they'd be more susceptible to things like their internal organs turning to mush after having been frozen.

Perhaps water-types produce a natural kind of antifreeze like many actual fish, which protects them from just that.

Back
Top Bottom