• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Mafia [d4]MAFIA WIN

Re: Username Mafia [D3]

But there were already four votes against you, so why would sudden night result in an RNG lynch?

Because it skips the lynching, but there still "MUST BE A LYNCH," apparently.

except it backfired on you cause now we're all wondering why you were so keen to turn us against someone else. maybe you really are mafia trying to distract everyone from yesterday...? i still think zero moment is mafia

I'm not "keen on turning us against someone else," I asked yiran a simple question, and he outright refused and OMGUSed me. And what happened "yesterday"? I got a Mafia lynched, even though that was a result of a randomization. And the day before that, I got the Serial Killer lynched.

Re: Username Mafia [D2]

we were all suspicious of you...

Yes, and if everyone would be willing to listen to flavor text, I have some right here:

oh my god

The people are knocked off their feet, the world spinning before their eyes.
afternoon
sunset
night
All in what seems to be minutes.
-
After everyone gets to their feet, they start looks for the cause of this sudden night.
All they find is the dead body of Penguin. No blood at all.
There's a message beside his body though.
"Random lynch because of sudden night."
What.

PenguinAndFriends is dead.
He was Mafia.
About 24 hours for night actions.

I'm not "keen on turning us against someone else," I asked yiran a simple question, and he outright refused and OMGUSed me. And what happened "yesterday"? I got a Mafia lynched, even though that was a result of a randomization. And the day before that, I got the Serial Killer lynched.

What's OMGUS?

And I could ask you to kill yourself and you could outright refuse and that would most definitely NOT be a reason to vote you.

And I could ask you to kill yourself and you could outright refuse and that would most definitely NOT be a reason to vote you.

Thing is, though, not roleclaiming when asked is generally a giant "MAFIA" stamp* on your forehead. And the fact that you're making an argument out of it isn't helping my suspicions, either. (and honestly, what I quoted from you isn't even relevant; "can you roleclaim pls" =/= "can you kill yourself" and i don't know where the hell you were going with that)

* yes I know that it's possible that the non-roleclaimer could just be trying to protect him/herself but honestly that makes them more likely to be lynched and is it really worth wasting a lynch because they were being stubborn because either way they're likely to die

But reality dictates that I didn't claim and I'm not going to die.

hence why "likely" is located in that post

and in all honesty you're probably not dying because everyone's voting for ZM

What's OMGUS?

It stands for "oh my god you suck," i.e. a vote cast for absolutely no reason other than the fact that the person you are voting for is voting for you.
Which is what you're doing, by the way.

And everyone is voting for ZM because I'm special?

A vote cast in self defense is better than a vote cast out of randomness. I don't see anything wrong with what you call OMGUS votes, it's cast out of a desire to survive and I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

Oh and this discussing isn't very productive and it's not like I'm the dying one anyway so I'll just shut up. :D

A vote cast in self defense is better than a vote cast out of randomness. I don't see anything wrong with what you call OMGUS votes, it's cast out of a desire to survive and I don't see anything wrong with that at all.

voting the person who votes for you isn't exactly the best option, because it's implying that the person who votes for you is automatically mafia simply because they're voting for you. the day phase isn't intended to get rid of people you don't like, it's intended to get rid of potential mafia suspects. maybe zm wasn't exactly correct in going "random number generator says yiran!" rather than a lead (part of the reason i think zm is mafia), but the way you phrased your posts implies that you think zm is mafia just because he voted for you, which is faulty reasoning and there IS something wrong with that.

ok.
2 votes on Zero Moment.
[place death scene here]
After the hanging, they go search his shack.
What they see is:
-Mathy-looking stuff on the walls
-Yoga mats
-A book about time
-Something about zeroing out
Stuff like that.

Zero Moment is dead.
He was Innocent.
About 24 hours for night actions.

Re: Username Mafia [N4]

GOOD MORNING.
yiran is dead.
He was...you don't know.
About 24 hours for discussion.

(also LF>Someone else to do the next username mafia. Please. )

Last edited:
Re: Username Mafia [D4]

I... think that means there must only be one mafia left? Otherwise, wouldn't they have won already?

afaik, yiran could have been mafia passively killed by my nexus-ing.

Aha, so there was a janitor involved!

Wargle, you sly dog! You're finished now.

what o.o; how do you figure? that seems like a bit of a leap of faith. yes i know wargle suggested the idea that a janitor might exist but this seems like a real quick assumption... do you have more proof?

Actually let's make it 5-10 hours instead because this will be quick, I think

what o.o; how do you figure? that seems like a bit of a leap of faith. yes i know wargle suggested the idea that a janitor might exist but this seems like a real quick assumption... do you have more proof?

Proof rarely exists unless there is an inspector, but I can give you some signs that make me believe she is scum.

1. She has kept low-profile throughout the game.
2. She questioned ZM being an alien, which, naturally would be the reaction of a paranoid mafia.
3. She suggested that janitor might be a role... and probably is the janitor

It's not definite proof, but I'm trusting my instinct on this one.

well yeah I didn't mean proof outright (let's all claim inspector everyone!) but ideas that point to mafiadom

... i agree with your first two points but is "probably is the janitor" at all related to the fact that she wondered if janitor role existed? seems kinda like an obvious move for a janitor to pull if they were trying to avoid suspicion... or are you thinking reverse psychology is in play?

I think so, but it's more the fact that whoever made the kill last night, whether it was direct or nexusified, had to have used some kind of janitor powers.

Unless yiran was janitor and got killed? Either way there was a janitor in play the last two nights.

Back
Top Bottom